Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sounds good to me, Quest text in a main story-line makes me feel like I'm playing a hero. Quest text for a quest to gather 5 apples makes me think everyone is using me
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Sounds good to me, Quest text in a main story-line makes me feel like I'm playing a hero. Quest text for a quest to gather 5 apples makes me think everyone is using me
    It sucks! Lets remove.

My foot hurts. Cut it off!

Logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blargh, I don't know how I feel about this change. I feel like in the hands of other developers, or in another game, maybe this would be a good thing. And maybe I misunderstand completely, but the way I see it they'll just have story quests from now on, and any other fun hijinks will not be quests in the traditional sense.
    But in my opinion those were the best ones. D;

Like, yak-washing, finding and redeeming draenei traitors in Hellfire Peninsula, rebuilding little goblin crafts, saving the pandaren babies from evil witches with jade-powers and so on and so forth. I dunno how it'll work out in practice, but if all I get up to in a zone are world-saving antics with Thrall and co. the game might lose a lot of its flavour and tone. D;

I don't mind I mean the bonus objectives might be something along the lines of " while you are in the area murdering the local iron horde commander and his dudes you notice a stockpile of ammunition, destroying it is probably a smart idea " you hardly need another quest with text and all just to blow up some ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Less work put into things that have barely anything to do with the zone story; more work put into things that have something to do with the zone story.

Or you can put that more work elsewhere.
    You are PAYING a subscription fee. Why is it acceptable to you that you're getting less and less content as the years go by?

Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    some of us, silent majority
    bwahaha - sure, YOU are the majority. where do people like you get these ideas? do you just pretend it is that way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Do you really sit and read all the quest info they give you? I know I sure don't.
    Its a question of immersion... quests with text are part of the story. And this promotes the player being part of the story and therefore being more immersed in the MMO fantasy world.

Wow, this is terrible. Entertaining in a way, yes, but still terrible. This thread is a typical example of compulsive internet whine culture and stupidity. It's fascinating how many of you guys don't even get the point. You're not able to read three lines of text. It doesn't connect in your head, you're not able to filter out the coherence. You genuinely don't understand. But in contrast, there's this instant reflex in your mind to automatically detect something that angers you, something that makes you feel offended and miserable, and you're very quick to sulk and blather around. It's pathetic.

Infracted, please keep it civil.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-15 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    It sucks! Lets remove.

My foot hurts. Cut it off!

Logic.
    You make a statement like that, and then say "logic" you my friend are contradictory.

Since a foot is a necessary limb, whereas bonus quest text is trivial digital data.

Logic.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I almost never read the quest text anyway,

Sometimes I honestly feel like the devs have a bet between them to see how little content they can give us and we'll blindly accept it. Each expansion they take away a little more.

This game used to be all about side quests not related to a main story.
    Questing was more fun back then. Getting a rare drop letter for example from the guys you were killing for another quest. That letter started a quest and you would have to travel far to another area and search for the guy to give it to.....Back when opening the map wouldn't show you where to go..... Aaahh, those were the times....

Next expansion side quests: Stationary "npc" with target dummy skin telling you to hit the target dummy next to him 5 times.

"Hey guys, yet again we'll further reduce investement and workhours and then give some bullshit reason as to why that will totally improve the game! Disclaimer: it will still take longer than ever to release and we will also have you pay 20% more for the addon because reasons. Yay?

"YAAAAAAY!"

Deleted
    It's for bonus objectives; I don't see it as a problem. I only want to know where I have to go and how many bear arses I need to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    It's for bonus objectives; I don't see it as a problem.
    No, it is clearly for ALL the quests except the ones Thrall is talking in.

Wow collecting quests diversity example: Durotar = Bear asses, Barrens = Rough Bear asses, Ashenvale = Hard bear asses. It's all just... filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    You are PAYING a subscription fee. Why is it acceptable to you that you're getting less and less content as the years go by?
    The 12 dollars you payed was a lot more 10 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Finally, we get rid of this story nonsense!

I'd take things much further. Just give all mobs, items and npcs numbers. Make every quest be like: hit mob #142 until item #457 drops 7 times.

Remember side-quest like "The Day that Deathwing Came" with the three guys sitting around a campfire boasting about how they fought deathwing? Or class specific quests after which you gained your druid-forms, your shaman-totems or your warlock-pets, just to name a few.

Let's make pacman and tetris more immersive than wow. Sounds like a good idea. (There may be a slight exaggeration included somewhere. I'm not sure).

Ok, i get it. Their tools tell them, that most players don't read quest texts. But I think - subconsciously - they are still important. Because we could read them if we wanted to. That's flavor we'd be missing. It's like your stereo. You could crank it up to 10 but then you know you'd piss of your neighbours, so you just go to 3 - but you KNOW you could if you wanted to.

Yay, kitchen-psychology 101, but you know where I'm going.
    Last edited by Sylvannah; 2014-04-15 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    I like to read all the quests at least once as I level up various alts, it's not that I particularly enjoy reading nor am I particularly interested in lore in general. But I find reading all the quests, however minimal and ultimately inconsequential, makes the zones feel that little bit more alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    This game used to be all about side quests not related to a main story.
    Questing was more fun back then. Getting a rare drop letter for example from the guys you were killing for another quest. That letter started a quest and you would have to travel far to another area and search for the guy to give it to.....Back when opening the map wouldn't show you where to go..... Aaahh, those were the times....

Next expansion side quests: Stationary "npc" with target dummy skin telling you to hit the target dummy next to him 5 times.
    Yeah, those great times where it was "get quest, tab out and look up quest on wowwiki/wowpedia/thottbot, do quest". Those times were so amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Sometimes I honestly feel like the devs have a bet between them to see how little content they can give us and we'll blindly accept it. Each expansion they take away a little more.
    is it opposite day where you come from? because they´ve been adding more and more with each expansion