View Poll Results: Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's only a matter of time before they appear in the store.

    159 51.79%
  • Probably not. Blizzard is keenly aware on how controvertial selling gear in store might be.

    148 48.21%
Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

    I could see it. The gear only applies to older content, for the most part, and it seems to go hand in hand with buying an insta-90.

    Some might decide that, instead of insta-90'ing my mage lowbie, I'll just buy some heirloom cloth and level it the old fashioned way.

  2. #2
    No, just let us buy them with in-game currency...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No, just let us buy them with in-game currency...
    Hrm... what about buying currency in the store then? Cut out the black market.

  4. #4
    They could sell the lastest tier raiding/pvp gear in the shop and around 75% of the forum would say it is ok. The newest paradigm on these forum is that anything below 90 is the devil and paying to avoid it is cool.

    If i was Blizzard reading these forums i would go to town. Alar $50! Tier 3 gear $50!. New character updates!! $50 per race!
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They could sell the lastest tier raiding/pvp gear in the shop and around 75% of the forum would say it is ok. The newest paradigm on these forum is that anything below 90 is the devil and paying to avoid it is cool.

    If i was Blizzard reading these forums i would go to town. Alar $50! Tier 3 gear $50!. New character updates!! $50 per race!
    Cosmetic tier sets of old isn't so far from the truth.

    I know a pally or two out there who would pay for a judgement set without the need to run all the vanilla stuff each week.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,918
    I don't support the in game store at all. I hate it, but these items got item store written all over them. They should be in the store next patch. It only makes sense.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Blitzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,446
    You can get a full set of heirlooms in an hour. If you have decent gear you can actually solo the heroic dungeons in a short amount of time. The bosses have less HP then the brawler's guild ones.

    This is just personal expirence, so I know everyone may not have the gear, but on my warrior I plow through everything haha.

    I got a full leather + cloth heirloom set WITH trinkets and weapon in just 2 hours.

    Each heroic taking approx 5-7 minutes.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

    WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

  8. #8
    I strongly suspect they will because its an entirely feezable option, that said, they probably wont give every piece of item as heirloom, maybe necklaces, since they havent been done yet.

  9. #9
    Doesn't really make sense when you can buy near-maxlvl chars for cash...

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You can get a full set of heirlooms in an hour. If you have decent gear you can actually solo the heroic dungeons in a short amount of time. The bosses have less HP then the brawler's guild ones.

    This is just personal expirence, so I know everyone may not have the gear, but on my warrior I plow through everything haha.

    I got a full leather + cloth heirloom set WITH trinkets and weapon in just 2 hours.

    Each heroic taking approx 5-7 minutes.
    Not if you're new to the game, or on a new account for some reason.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post

    I got a full leather + cloth heirloom set WITH trinkets and weapon in just 2 hours.
    Can you write a guide? I can only enter 5 instances an hour while solo.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Doesn't really make sense when you can buy near-maxlvl chars for cash...
    Pretty much my thought as well. If anything I think the store will get any type of vanity items. Like transmog sets, toys, mounts obviously. Once you can spend money on + any stat. That's were I draw the line.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Not if you're new to the game, or on a new account for some reason.
    If you're new to the game...why would you need fast forward through content you've never seen before..?

  14. #14
    Yes, either within WoD or starting during the expansion after the entire game will be pay to win.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by robsdow View Post
    Yes, either within WoD or starting during the expansion after the entire game will be pay to win.
    Oh look, a forum troll! Can i keep it , Mom? Pleaaaaaaaaase?
    Also: Getting heirlooms is easy enough as it is, try getting one SINGLE shoudler heirloom back when it was first released. No lfg. Heroics were actually something. It would take you a fuckload of normals to get them.
    3DS FC for Pokémon: 4210-3974-8429: Trainer name : Roy, PM me if you have added me
    Friend Safari: Pansage/Ivysaur/Quilladin

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,003
    I'm sceptical, but only because paid 90s and XP potions are already implemented under-the-bonnet, so heirlooms would seem redundant.

    More extensive cash-shop Transmog options seem more likely, since those are extremely powerful/popular in most other Cash Shop MMOs.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Oh look, a forum troll! Can i keep it , Mom? Pleaaaaaaaaase?
    Also: Getting heirlooms is easy enough as it is, try getting one SINGLE shoudler heirloom back when it was first released. No lfg. Heroics were actually something. It would take you a fuckload of normals to get them.
    Heirlooms are the least of your worries if you believe that the WotLK heroics were difficult.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Heirlooms are the least of your worries if you believe that the WotLK heroics were difficult.
    Good luck trying to solo Wotlk heroics back then as any class ( or god forbid gutwrenching stuff like Pit of Saron which was a no-go zone for PuGs )
    Compared to heroics in later expansions when they were outdated but still in the same expansion..yeah, WotlK heroics were harder. See where i'm getting at? At some point i can clear a dungeon in 1 min on my Hunter by just looking at my screen angrily.
    3DS FC for Pokémon: 4210-3974-8429: Trainer name : Roy, PM me if you have added me
    Friend Safari: Pansage/Ivysaur/Quilladin

  20. #20
    The Patient Isoge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    291
    Nah, don't think so. With instant level 90, heirlooms will become obsolete. Why buy gear to level faster when you can just buy the levels for the same price?

    Edit*
    Also, what is wrong with your choices? Blizz is already selling gear on the store, but for cosmetics. And heirlooms can hardly be considered P2W and are not seen as controversial so that would make your choices pretty unrelated. Blizz only cares about end-game content when mentioning PVE/PVP gear. lower level/old gear does not interest them as those are not relevant to the current game anymore. Just a stepping stone they've already done and are through with

    If instant level 90 wouldn't come to fruition, I would've loved so see some heirlooms being sold. But honestly, I think they'd rather do what they've done with all their heirlooms so far and sell them in-game. But blizz wouldn't see this as controversial (or P2W) and I don't think any player with a brain would either. It's to level faster. If you want to get to end-game faster, you can buy the gear and do so.
    Last edited by Isoge; 2014-01-18 at 01:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •