Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tell me your opinion regarding Kill Shot..

So i've been thinking and meaning to Tweet the devs regarding Kill Shot.
    Personally i believe Kill Shot would be much more reliant and better if it was to hit harder but hit Once and have a 6 second cd.
    Kill shot atm is bugging a lot especially when second kill shot is not proccing.
    I can't talk for myself only cause we are a community and we all love our class so i would like to hear your opinion if you agree/disagree and also give suggestions.

Deleted
    The resetting mechanic needs to go, and it's been something I've been saying over the past year on all kinds of forums. It's a pain to use in PvP and doesn't always feel like resetting properly. In PvE the delay between the reset triggering after your first shot isn't fun to deal with. It just doesn't feel fun having to ''waste'' 2 globals for it either especially because it doesn't hit much harder than most of our other things.

Other than that, Kill Shot is fine. I dislike having an execute but that is not a mechanical or class issue, but a personal opinion... uh ''issue''.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The resetting mechanic needs to go, and it's been something I've been saying over the past year on all kinds of forums. It's a pain to use in PvP and doesn't always feel like resetting properly. In PvE the delay between the reset triggering after your first shot isn't fun to deal with. It just doesn't feel fun having to ''waste'' 2 globals for it either especially because it doesn't hit much harder than most of our other things.

Other than that, Kill Shot is fine. I dislike having an execute but that is not a mechanical or class issue, but a personal opinion... uh ''issue''.
    I'm Glad more people think the way i do.
    You summed it up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post

I like having an execute, personally, but I do agree about the reset mechanic being very fidgety. I mean, I'd much rather they double the damage of it, increase the CD, and make it not reset. Maybe even slap a small cast time on there like you're aiming for the kill (though thinking twice about it, that would reaaaally suck for PVP so maybe not). Even just the increased damage and no reset though would make it feel like a proper execute as far as damage is concerned, although I could certainly see not liking it insofar as it's not terribly interesting mechanically.

EDIT: Oh, slightly off the topic, I think taking away Kill Shot from SV is silly. If anything I feel like a DoT-focused class should have an execute more than the other. However, flavor-wise, I think the idea of BM having a Kill Shot over SV feels weird, you'd think someone focused around surviving would be more ferocious when they see they have the upper hand over a weakened opponent. I would like to see maybe Go for the Throat's name used instead for a BM-specific execute and have MM and SV keep Kill Shot.
    Last edited by Pengalor; 2014-04-22 at 02:47 PM.

From MMOC front page:

Kill Shot now deals 475% weapon damage, up from 315%.
    so it will be hitting 160% harder. its alpha ofcourse. things might change.

Deleted
    My only real issue with KS atm is the fact that it hits like a wet noodle compared to other classes executes, however the change in the latest alpha notes should hopefully help with this. The reset mechanic is annoying, but can be played around once you get a feel for the distance you need to stand from the boss for it to not reset in time for the next GCD.

Deleted
    Maybe I'm the only one happy for surv not having KS. I personally think that the removal of the finisher means a whole buff to the sustained damage of the spec. during mop I mained ret pally, and I got used to a class who ENTIRELY rely on CD/hard hitting buttons (with a setup). And the morale I learned from it is that outside that frame where I feel engaged with my class (during cds) the dps is kinda disappointing. I plan to main again the hunter class (was my very first choice, when I started ) in WoD, and, even if is to a lesser extent, seeing that surv (my fav ) gets rid of a 'finisher' tells me that it will be balanced to compensate, and (personal opinion) thus will have more sustained dps overall.
    Or at least, this is what logic would suggest (i kind of recall a blue saying something like 'don't be sad, the absence of kill shot is a buff tu survival', which indirectly confirms what I said, but take it with two grains of salt, I'm no good at quoting people)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me. The reset delay/bug-factor tends to throw me off anyway (Did I already hit it a second time? Am I having a stroke?).

Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one happy for surv not having KS. I personally think that the removal of the finisher means a whole buff to the sustained damage of the spec. during mop I mained ret pally, and I got used to a class who ENTIRELY rely on CD/hard hitting buttons (with a setup). And the morale I learned from it is that outside that frame where I feel engaged with my class (during cds) the dps is kinda disappointing. I plan to main again the hunter class (was my very first choice, when I started ) in WoD, and, even if is to a lesser extent, seeing that surv (my fav ) gets rid of a 'finisher' tells me that it will be balanced to compensate, and (personal opinion) thus will have more sustained dps overall.
    Or at least, this is what logic would suggest (i kind of recall a blue saying something like 'don't be sad, the absence of kill shot is a buff tu survival', which indirectly confirms what I said, but take it with two grains of salt, I'm no good at quoting people)
    At the same time if they're going to pull that card, they should give survival some more oomph in their CD belt if that makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    At the same time if they're going to pull that card, they should give survival some more oomph in their CD belt if that makes sense.
    Yes, or just see what they can pull off without relying on CD (beside talents). I find it interesting, if surv became the 'new' spriest, rotation wise (NOT concept and spec managing, they are cruel and awful with spriest. So much that i feel very bad for them.). Still, having a no cd, dot-ty rotation (that can make the same output as one with the abovementioned) sounds kinda... Different? Like the 'no CD black arrow' that Celestalon mistold us about a week ago. That was a fun idea, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely messed up, having a reset cd apply on hit is a stupid mechanic anyway. There was nothing wrong with the old way of firing 1 KS that did big damage and had a longer cd, I liked that and it felt like a proper spell rather than just a pain in the ass.

I'd gladly have it hit much harder and lose the reset function and gain a 6 second cd or something compared to how it's been through MoP.

Especially considering that a lot of times it's not even your hardest hitting ability. An execute should to a lot of damage. Mild shot would be a better name for the current iteration.

I'm wondering how Kill Shot vs Serpent Sting damage will compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakezor View Post
    I'm wondering how Kill Shot vs Serpent Sting damage will compare.
    Nearly certain that killshot will do fuck all compared to SS, as it is now. There won't be a situation where an execute for a small portion of the fight will outdamage a moderate dot for the whole thing.
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    From MMOC front page:

so it will be hitting 160% harder. its alpha ofcourse. things might change.
    Well Percent-wise it will be hitting just over 50% harder.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the fact that based on the distance from the boss you may/may not have to fire an additional show in between your kill shot or risk losing DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I dislike the fact that based on the distance from the boss you may/may not have to fire an additional show in between your kill shot or risk losing DPS.
    Yeah. They need to revert the KS change back to like one charge with a longer CD and no bullshit inbetween. It would help with damage tuning im sure since then it could be an actual execute..

Deleted
    They should change it into a 100% crit, remove the reset mechanic and give it a cooldown. Making it stronger in PvE, while easier to balance in PvP as crit dmg is reduced against players.

10 seconds cd double the damage

maybe kill shot may actually kill something one day.

Just remove the stupid reset mechanism. I get it they cant make it too hard cos of fuckall PvP "balance" but the reset mechanism is just awful. Personally I wouldn't care much if KS was removed altogether, but if it is present for BM/MM I just want it to work properly. The buff to the damage is a step in the right direction.