Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Jade Empire better then KOTOR or Dragon Age Origins?

Jade Empire has some excellent reviews so I just bought it off Steam. Waiting for it to download.

Is it better then KOTOR or DA:O? If so, why?

If not, is it at least on the same level? And has it aged well?
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2014-04-21 at 04:52 AM.

Better than DA:0, not as good as KOTOR.

Just straight my opinion. Might have some massive rose-tinted glasses on. I just liked it more but would have to play through it (and KOTOR) again after having played DA:O to do a real comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't like it as much as origins, but more than KOTOR. It's surely a good RPG, I just don't enjoy it as much as Origins (which isn't a black mark because I adore origins)

It's not better than both of those but it's stilll good. I continue to replay KoTOR and DA:O every year yet I managed to play Jade Empire only once. So I would say that it's good for at least one run.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2014-04-21 at 06:13 AM.

It's a good game, I've played all 3 of those games several times over and enjoyed them immensely. I'd say Dragon Age and KoTOR are a bit better though. Just a little.

Deleted
    It's been a long time since i last played it but i seem to remember it being pretty short for what i'm used to with bioware games

Deleted
    It's an original IP of Bioware, personally I really liked the story and the setting, a mystical and steam punk ancient china like setting, it's pretty unique.
    The combat is still pretty good, if basic but in the later levels it becomes terribly imbalanced, though I'm mostly talking about 1 certain late game "fighting stance" that you get. Looking at you Jade Golem transformation

Can't really say if it's better than Dragon Age, they're very different. Though Jade Empire still follows the classic Bioware format, go around the world getting a bunch of companions to take down the big bad evil.

As far as quality goes, they are all equal. I prefer KotOR or DA because they are set in a more familiar world, as opposed to ancient China, which is really something alien to most players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite similar to KotOR in terms of story and follows the same basic structures too. The combat tried to do something a little different, and for the most part it works decently enough. I quite enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's better than those other games, but it's just as good in most respects. Worth playing if you enjoyed the other Bioware games, for a more-of-the-same kind of deal.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh, it's ok, but nowhere near Kotor. DA:O is also much better.

It's good but not KOTOR or DA:O good. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say KOTOR and DA:O were 9s, Jade Empire would be like a 7.5.

About 5 hours in and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. The graphics aren't quite outdated like KOTOR even though it was only released a year or maybe two after. Voice acting is suburb and I like how they put their little spin on old school China. Too early for me to make a decision if it's better then the other two though but regardless it's a great game.

Deleted
    Think it's a great game on par with both KOTOR and Dragon Age Origins, in my opinion a great game to have if you like DA:O and KOTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved all Bioware series I played so far (completed all NWN 1/2, KotoR 1/2, Dragon Age 1/2 and Mass Effect 1/2/3 with all expansions, DLCs, etc.). I haven't tried this game yet only because I am not that excited about the whole Chinese theme, but I will take a look at it after my current Mass Effect replay and Baldur's Gate 1/2... Which means in a few years.

Jade Empire is BioWares most underrated game. while not as strong as DA: Origins or Baldur's Gate it's easily better than DA2 and I'd say about equal with KotOR

Definitely one of those games that was extremely good and most people forget about it in light of kotor like how people forget the legend of dragoon and remember ff7 for god knows what reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Jade Empire, it's the only one of the three you've listed that I actually completed. I like DA:O and KOTOR, but I really liked JE because it's rather unique. There aren't all that many Asian-style RPGs out there that can do what JE did. The fighting is really fun, the transformations are cool, and the story is really well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I never got around to Jade Empire, but as a teenager I lusted for it. Bought it on a Steam sale a couple of months back, and looking to play it after Dark Souls II. Any good mods to make it look better today?

I have to add also that Jade Empires twist was a lot more surprising than the one in KotOR too

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe better than KOTOR2, but I definitely liked KOTOR and DA:O better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I have to add also that Jade Empires twist was a lot more surprising than the one in KotOR too
    According to internet discussions it was the most obvious thing ever. Like those people that say that The Sixth Sense was obvious from the beginning.