Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sounds like its down to grasping at straws to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Honestly what does it matter what site it is from. They sent the letter and the quoted parts were contained in the letter.
    Accusations of bias are in general, quite a moot point these days. Even the BBC and other supposedly 'neutral' organisations have been guilty of clear bias with regard to the situation in Ukraine, among other things. The only reasonable thing to do is to discern the facts from the bias; or in more simple terms, distinguishing the message from the messenger.

If they were denouncing him for the TPP, the FCC head that handed over net neutrality to the choping block. I would be all for it, but of course it is rally over weather immigrants get treated properly or not. So as far as I care they can shut the fuck up.

Of course neither Obama/ the democrats or republicans give a shit about American sovereignty when it involves corporations. Seriously locked out you know this yet you post this tripe.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-04-26 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    suspends the law at its whim and our nation’s sovereignty is imperiled
    Really? Like when the senate decided to do that whole close up shop thing on the verge of the financial crisis? Like any number of times they've wasted doing a filibuster of an issue that they simply refuse to find middle ground on? If they could remove the president for doing something similar, then they ought to be removed several times over themselves, imo.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Accusations of bias are in general, quite a moot point these days. Even the BBC and other supposedly 'neutral' organisations have been guilty of clear bias with regard to the situation in Ukraine, among other things. The only reasonable thing to do is to discern the facts from the bias; or in more simple terms, distinguishing the message from the messenger.
    It is direct quotes from a letter written by 22 senators but I do agree you need to read through the bullshit no matter what form of media it's from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Really? Like when the senate decided to do that whole close up shop thing on the verge of the financial crisis? Like any number of times they've wasted doing a filibuster of an issue that they simply refuse to find middle ground on? If they could remove the president for doing something similar, then they ought to be removed several times over themselves, imo.
    That is the tactic tho.

You set your cat on fire.
    You point and yell that someone else is a horrible person for the same thing, because they don't like cats, so clearly they set cats on fire.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    That is the tactic tho. You set your cat on fire.
    What did your cat do to deserve this?

10+ Year Old Account
    What did your cat do to deserve this?
    It's not a cat, but a goat in disguise. A scapegoat, specifically. Takes the fall to further personal agenda and all.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Until they pass a Citizens United Amendment, they can all shut the fuck up about the constitutional system coming under attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    "Your actions demonstrate an astonishing disregard for the Constitution, the rule of law, and the rights of American citizens and legal residents," the senators wrote in a letter to Obama. "Our entire constitutional system is threatened when the Executive Branch suspends the law at its whim and our nation’s sovereignty is imperiled when the commander-in-chief refuses to defend the integrity of its borders."

More fear-mongering, ignorant, hyperbolic, xenophobic claptrap. Unless they're referring to the bundy debacle when it comes to territorial integrity, but I do doubt that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in what kind of crimes will be allowed without risk of deportation.

People want to come to the US and make a better life for themselves then so be it.
    People want to come here and be thugs then GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Are these senators republican? I thought republicans represent business. Business likes cheap labour.
    They stop being cheap when they aren't illegal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Until they pass a Citizens United Amendment, they can all shut the fuck up about the constitutional system coming under attack.
    Because that's the best time to discuss it, AFTER the deed has been done.

Deleted
    Why do you guys want the U.S. to turn into Mexico? It's almost as if you have a deathwish for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Why do you guys want the U.S. to turn into Mexico? It's almost as if you have a deathwish for the U.S.
    / willfully ignores the corporations killing the Internet and American sovereignty because the brown people are the REAL threat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    / willfully ignores the corporations killing the Internet and American sovereignty because the brown people are the REAL threat
    The U.S. faces many problems. Immigration is one of them.

Why do you want the U.S. to turn into Mexico?

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Remember that whole syria thing when everyone was like, "the president can't just declare war (even tho we totally would let him just to not take the blame because over the years we have let shit like that happen president to president, so we don't have a record of our own bullshit for the public to see) then he threw it back and was like, "I won't declare war unless congress says I can" then everyone was like, "Man, he is weak" ?

When he threw the ball back in their court, what he actually did was give up something they gave that branch, inorder to not have the blame of that decision. EVER
    The Ledge has consistantly decided to play the, "Not me" game and allowed the the exe branch to make the choices, so they can point and say, "LOOK, LOOK It's NOT US"
    The whole joke being, none of those people QQing want to be on record saying the shit they think they want to say, but they sure as fuck will QQ about not being able too.

Im not suggesting there is no clever use of politics here, but if you support what Obama did with the ACA than you support the idea that the president can suspend any law he wants at any time unchecked. The executive is supposed to enforce the laws with good faith, not pick and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    An immigration reform is self serving for the Democratic party. Minorities for the most part vote Democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    via government mandate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    What kind of saddens me isn't this strong handed rhetoric coming from his political opponents over his policies...that's to be expected.

Are they pissed about his sabre rattling in Syria?
    Nope.
    Are they pissed about the blanket NSA surveillance?
    Nope.

They're pissed because of taking the US closer to having universally accessible Healthcare like the rest of the world.
    And They're pissed about him not deporting all immigrants and locking the borders.

Gg republicans. .. gg
    Could not have said it better myself.

Oh conservatives
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    So no one is going to mention the record levels of deportation under Obama?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.