Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seeking your collective imagination.

Greetings fellow MMO-Champions!

Some of you may recall about 4-5 days ago, I posted a thread, asking you, the reader, to suggest some inspirational music to help me with the writing of my book. You all had some excellent suggestions, but I would like to extend a personal thank you to the individual who suggested Norwegian Pirate by Two Steps from Hell, these guys were EXACTLY what I needed.

Now, I request another thing of you.

In my book, there is a legend of seven weapons scattered throughout this fictional world, each of which was forged from a piece of a dragons body, each being a different elemental dragon, which are:

Fire
    Earth-Done
    Wind
    Water-Done
    Ice
    Light-Done
    Shadow

Now, I need each of these weapons to have really epic-sounding names, one of which I have created, which is the Light weapon, called The Komeyu, which resembles a cross between a Chinese Dao sword and a Katana, but alas, my name generation abilities are not yet fully developed, and I would really appreciate some suggestions that I could potentially use or modify and use.

The criteria I have are quite minimal:

#1 - I have no specific weapon types for each element in mind yet, so the names you choose can include the weapon type as well as a name, or just simply a name.

#2 - There can be multiple weapons of the same general type, i.e two swords for example, however they're all unique and should feel unique.

#3 - They don't need to be melee weapons, however guns are unfortunately not part of my books world, (so no gun blades, sorry )

If you're unsure about a suggestion, feel free to voice your concerns, and I will do my best to read and answer it in a timely fashion. I'll be checking this thread as often as possible.

Thank you in advance friends, i'm sure you'll all be inspiring!

~Zethras
    Last edited by Zethras; 2014-04-26 at 07:22 PM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

>>>----> 8=> <----<<<
    - Shortey Ze Muffslapper -

Deleted
    Personal recommendation mate, start with short stories.

Better yet try discursive essays which you then adapt into short stories. Because struggling with naming and mythos creation is a rookie problem that only goes away with years of skill building.

Sword of asdfghjtyrueiw's

Need to have fire bow and arrows.

Earth has to be some big cumbersome weapon like Thor's hammer or something.

Wind is a fucking fan or something?

You also need a spear.

Also need a whip.

And also a pair of daggers.

Would open up more possibilities if they didn't all have to be weapons. Or at least not all offensive, Earth represented as a shield would be interesting.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Slarkenhukenshukenvlouken.

Split that into 7, that way when the heroes combine the 7 weapons like Voltron, it becomes one uberweapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd start by drawing a map of the fictional world, creating the names of the places, the cultural identities of the places, then use that as a means of coming up with possibilities for names for each sword.

Also it sounds a bit like when you combine them you dont get a dragon, but Captain Planet.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We could call it... Earth Shield.
    Well hopefully not Because then it'd belong to a shaman, so they'd be mostly useless until the second book.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For shadow weapon, i'll give you an idea that i've always had.

Make the shadow weapon demonic in the sense that it is two blades the merges with your soul .Upon touching the blades, they fuse with your body/soul; giving the wielder the power to call upon the swords out of both arms (like baraka). The blade arms emit a black aura and causes the wielders eyes to turn blood red when called into battle.

So this is like Twitch Plays Being An Author?

The fire sword would have to be a flamberge of course...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame-bladed_sword
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: What's the difference between elemental ice and elemental water?

If you absolutely need seven elements, why not maybe replace ice with life or magic or something else? Ice and water is just redundant if you ask me.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad at naming, but some quick possible weapons based on body parts.

Fire: dragon fang, dagger (or more likely sword, dragons are big motherfuckers)
    Earth: claws of feet, another...dagger? I dunno fml
    Wind: wings, bow made out of the bones
    Water: spine, spear
    Ice: ribcage, shield (or halberd if no defensive thingies)
    Shadow: spikes (I assume your dragons will have awesome spikes????!!?!?), flail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Quick question: What's the difference between elemental ice and elemental water?

If you absolutely need seven elements, why not maybe replace ice with life or magic or something else? Ice and water is just redundant if you ask me.
    I agree in a sense, water and ice seem to be the same, but there a few subtle differences. For example, water and ice can both be destructive forces (Floods/avalanches etc) however, water can also be a source of life, i.e rain, ice has no such ability, many of its attributes are "destructive".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Would open up more possibilities if they didn't all have to be weapons. Or at least not all offensive, Earth represented as a shield would be interesting.
    It's interesting you mention this, because one of the main characters, an earth mage, DOES use a shield as a weapon, he uses it to manipulate gravity and magnetism to protect his allies.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Deleted
    Cant help with names, but im pretty sure:

The Water element thing needs to be a Trident
    The Shadow element thing should be a cloak
    Earth element should be something defensive
    Wind should be a big fan.

Swap ice with sound.

Fuck. I love coming up with names for fictional characters/objects/places.

Fire - Ignis'nor, Brimstone, Pyre, Charetallum, Volcanis
    Ice - Winter's Acrimony, Glacies'nor (pronounced glay-see-ess-nawr)
    Shadow - Abyss, New Moon, Defiler
    Wind - Tempest, Stormbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Swap ice with sound.
    This is why you'll never write a best-selling fantasy. Who the fuck would swap ice with sound?
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2014-04-25 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    I don't know about the names, but I got you covered on the concept art…

10+ Year Old Account
    Waara'ghra, great shield of the dragon Waraaghara- Earth element

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Fuck. I love coming up with names for fictional characters/objects/places.

Fire - Ignis'nor, Brimstone, Pyre, Charetallum, Volcanis
    Ice - Winter's Acrimony, Glacies'nor (pronounced glay-see-ess-nawr)
    Shadow - Abyss, New Moon, Defiler
    Wind - Tempest, Stormbringer

This is why you'll never write a best-selling fantasy. Who the fuck would swap ice with sound?
    Oooo, I like some of these. Well done sir/madam. If you think of any others, please don't hesitate to add them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Waara'ghra, great shield of the dragon Waraaghara- Earth element
    I am straight up using the name, sounds great, rolls off the tongue great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    For shadow weapon, i'll give you an idea that i've always had.

Make the shadow weapon demonic in the sense that it is two blades the merges with your soul .Upon touching the blades, they fuse with your body/soul; giving the wielder the power to call upon the swords out of both arms (like baraka). The blade arms emit a black aura and causes the wielders eyes to turn blood red when called into battle.
    That is a great idea sir, but these are benevolent shadows, not malevolent. However I may be able to implement this concept for something/someone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post

Kishi for one.