Everything I Needed To Know I Learned From MMO's

So let's poke fun at some of the tropes of the MMO genre as life lessons. I'll start.

1)Robbery, murder and making others think you care about their problems are the best ways to get ahead in life.

2)Dangerous animals and hostile natives guard valuable resources and must be eliminated in the name of progress.

3)If you run far enough away eventually they all leave you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    So let's poke fun at some of the tropes of the MMO genre as life lessons. I'll start.

1)Robbery, murder and making others think you care about their problems are the best ways to get ahead in life.

2)Dangerous animals and hostile natives guard valuable resources and must be eliminated in the name of progress.

3)If you run far enough away eventually they all leave you alone.
    Apparently you have indeed learned something about life!

1. and only 1. truth: Whatever you do in game gets tossed back at you. Case and point; EVE Online. If you work for two whole years mining and trading ores and theorycrafting the best ship in the game, you will get it. If your careless enough not to spend 20 seconds on insuring said ship that you worked two years for, you will be blown up by corporate rivals camping the station, who believed that you were their enemy undocking. I know this because that's what happened.

If someone or something follows a repetitive pattern of actions without doing anything original, they might be an NPC and you should kill them because they have at least a few copper.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    If you can't beat someone in a fight 1v1, bring 24 friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    If you can't beat someone in a fight 1v1, bring 24 friends
    if its still undoable after that wait till they nerf him/her

1. After things have gone to shit you wipe. If you keep wiping you're really shitty.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of the people on the planet are retarded.

My lessons:

1) Programming - Java, for Lineage 2 private server L2j
    2) Good music - metal, from watching Lineage 2 PvP videos
    3) English language

Yeah, Lineage 2 did for my life (working as a software developer (though I'm smarter now and know that Java is just inferior C#); still rocking hard) way way way more than school.

Lineage 2 C2 Treasure Hunter 4 lyfe
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    That no matter how many times you say "block the damn spider" they will never block the spider.

Deleted
    Everything is unbalanced.

Everything is a misnomer - does everything also cover things you don't know? Thought so.

MMORPGs also teaches you to tolerate or even to emulate assholes, that despite their assholish tendencies, if they're effective, they're accepted, no matter how many infractions that have.

MMORPGS also teaches you social skills that'll always get you the girl, if there were any girls to begin with.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Dying is merely a setback.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because someone/something dies, don't believe it even if you saw it with your own eyes. They could be back.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.