Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

UK Subways- No more pork!

Nearly 200 Subway restaurants across the United Kingdom no longer serve bacon or ham, and will instead serve only halal-prepared meat in an effort to “balance the values of many religious communities,”

Some 185 participating locations will replace the pork products with turkey versions, and notify customers of their compliance with the Islamic practice of preparing meat with signs reading, “All meats are Halal.”
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...andrew-johnson

Soon we're bowing towards mecca while exploding and stoning people to death.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-02 at 02:26 AM.

Deleted
    I'm neither a meat eater or "islamophobic", but this is slightly concerning for a few different reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I don't eat at subway.

Actually I never ate there, so this isn't terrible news to me. Hellooooo tescos and my frying pan.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Not sure how not serving something balances it. Shouldn't make any stupid adaptions to religion in that manner, they can simply just not eat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -simian View Post
    I'm neither a meat eater or "islamophobic", but this is slightly concerning for a few different reasons.
    Neither am I, however I am someone who grows more and more pissed off with increased population in the uk from other countries, and then our country having to give over to there cultural identity.
    I'm certain if I ate a hamburger in an islamic country while kissing my boyfriend I'd come under fire from authority, so why should our country pander to them living here.
    #boycottchina

Not knowing too much about this, why can't they offer the non-pork as an alternative so you can pick (e.g. someone who likes pork can get ham, but someone who can't because it's not kosher or they practice Halal can say they'd like x instead of pork). Reading this it sounds like they're just picking a side and removing the people who like pork's choice to satisfy the choice of people who can't eat pork? That sounds a bit weird to me.

Is there some restriction with Halal that not only can you not eat pork but you can't eat anything in the vicinity of pork?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm certain if I ate a hamburger in an islamic country while kissing my boyfriend I'd come under fire from authority, so why should our country pander to them living here.
    Unless you were a prince or king then you can kiss all the boyfriends you want!

Pork is delicious. Their loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, so...huh. This makes no sense. If you can't eat pork because of your religion you can request not to have it. Denying pork to everyone only benefits the religion(s) that can't have it. That is not balance.

Their decision, you're welcome make your own decision on whether or not to eat there based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Not knowing too much about this, why can't they offer the non-pork as an alternative so you can pick (e.g. someone who likes pork can get ham, but someone who can't because it's not kosher or they practice Halal can say they'd like x instead of pork). Reading this it sounds like they're just picking a side and removing the people who like pork's choice to satisfy the choice of people who can't eat pork? That sounds a bit weird to me.
    Can't have pork near the other meat or cut on the same slicer or shipped in the same truck or served in the same building....

mhm its not a balance if they are favouring one religion.

perhaps its just that these particular 200 restaurants happen to be in areas where the majority are Islamic. If they think they'll get more business more power to them i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    “balance the values of many religious communities,”
    How are normal people who do not like pointless, cruel rituals of animal killing included in this?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Their decision, you're welcome make your own decision on whether or not to eat there based on it.
    Didn't eat there anyway, however my GF is Muslim and she think's it's stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    How are normal people who do not like pointless, cruel rituals of animal killing included in this?
    They have bread and vegetables?

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to religious freedom? Can't we just leave each other's shit alone?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can't have pork near the other meat or cut on the same slicer or shipped in the same truck or served in the same building....
    That can't be true. When I worked at a Pizza Hut we had plenty of muslim staff and customers, they couldn't handle pork so we made any pizzas with it on as well as keeping seperate cutting utensils for it, but outside of that there was never an issue.

All I can think is that the store is completely staffed by Muslims and therefore they have no way to prepare a pork sandwich.

Deleted
    I spoke to my friends about this and we all agreed to boycott subway. If we cant get bacon and ham we will go elsewhere.

Absolutely ridiculous and the best part if you protest these shit you are a "racist" or something.

Deleted
    I'm sick of religon trying to enforce it's views on every aspect of life it can get it's dirty hands on. People might be more tolerant of it if it wasn't trying to change everything to it's way of thinking all of the time.