Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

Could you live without eating meat?

As the title says. Can you cope with no longer being able to eat meat and having to eat vegetables, fruits, and etc only?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Yes.
    If you also include Fish and Chicken under "meat" - than still yes, but it will be harder

If we're talking literally, yes, you can get your fats and proteins somewhere else.

Personal level? Nope, I love my meat!

Question unclear.

Can a person live without eating meat? Yes.

Can I individually live without eating meat? No. Life would not be worth living.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

While I would be extremly unhappy with it and miss my meat. I could do it. Have on occation lived on meatless diets due to economical situations.

Edit:
    I am also trying to eat less meat than I do since I tend to eat a bit to much when I can.
    I try to eat less both for environmental factors as well as you only need so much protoines on a daily basis and transforming those above that to energy is wasteful.
    Last edited by Muzjhath; 2014-05-12 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    Yes.
    If you also include Fish and Chicken under "meat" - than still yes, but it will be harder
    All kinds of meat
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you question possibility of life without meat (aka, no meat left on the planet or w.e.), then yes. I'm pretty sure that you can substitute meat with mushrooms, but they are kinda hard to digest due to chitin.
    If you question possibility of stopping yourself from eating meat, then no. Meat is tasty, i don't see a reason to stop eating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I suppose so.

But the real question is... is it a life worth living?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I consider all animals to be 'meat.'

And no. I have some dietary issues... Well; I could live without meat, but I'd be severely unhealthy, and have to be kept up with medication to battle constant infections. I might not get scurvy because vitamin additives, but the amount of ('artificial') vitamins I'd need (about 3000% daily dosis) to get the same effect as I would normally, with the required enzymes I get from meat... Well...

Hang on; I could live relatively normally if I ate about five to six eggs per day. That'd net me the stuff I require. I'd be more lethargic, but still sort of functional.

Different people require different diets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Could you live
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Can you cope
    Which is it? And how do you define "living"? All of us could exist without meat, I'm sure. Could that existence be called "living"? I'm sure many would say no. Could we cope even though it wouldn't be proper "living"? I'm sure most of us could, and the rest could take medication to help them cope.

Then again, are we saying the entirety of humanity would stop eating meat? Have you figured in the immense need for new fields to grow all the crops and vegetables we would need? Also, does "meat" include fish? Does it include crayfish, crabs, lobsters? Insects?

Your hypothetical is a bit vague.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, I suppose so.

But the real question is... is it a life worth living?
    You can eat fantastic meals without meat. So it's not like all fantastic food is gone without meat. Not all meat dishes are automaically better.

15+ Year Old Account
    i really don´t care that much for my food... you can prepare almost everything to taste awesome, so sure, i could live without meat
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Of course. I'd rather live and not eat meat than die. It wouldn't be as pleasant a life, but I could manage. But as long as the option exists at a reasonable cost, then fuck you, I want my burgers and steaks and ribs and so on and so forth.

Deleted
    Yes. Enough cheese, cream, garlic and other spices can make up for the taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    You can eat fantastic meals without meat. So it's not like all fantastic food is gone without meat. Not all meat dishes are automaically better.
    I'll let the simpsons illustrate my point for me:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c33_1339919278
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yes. Haven't eaten meat since I was 10 and I'm 22 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could live, but I would always question why.

Deleted
    Of course I could. I'd rather not though.

No, because i love it and because there are certain things you can not get from anywhere else but meat. Sure there is supplements, but fuck that, why would i eat pills with supplements if i can get the real thing from meat.