Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    All misleading as well. Almost all your electric car ban links are about states that arent allowing Teslas to be sold by the factory directly. They are free to sell as many as they want through a dealership. I dont agree with it, but its likely backed by unions that dont want non union people selling cars.
    HAHAHAHAHA, "republicans could never do something so blatantly anticapitalist, probably the unions.". It's no surprise that you're completely wrong as well. That's pretty much you're MO for every thread, being completely wrong. It's been purely right wing lawmakers pushing Tesla bans.

Free market capitalism, we love it until something we don't like becomes ultra successful, then we'll do everything in our power to institute frivolous regulation to run it out of town.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-05-14 at 06:43 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Science has been used before to push a political agenda. And I want to say, it is not just one party which is guilty of this.
    And, again, the "agenda" would have to do with how to respond. The science itself isn't politically biased.

Otherwise, what you're doing is resorting to the "reality has a liberal bias" nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Science doesn't politicize itself. Lawmakers politicize what science tells us. Nobody politicized the emergence of many scientific theories because nobody stood to gain or lose anything. Plate tectonics is just one of many things that went through with no resistance. Some of the biggest right wing benefactors are oil and gas, of course they stand to lose a lot. It's why the right politicized it and has dumped billions of dollars into misinformation campaigns.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA, "republicans could never do something so blatantly anticapitalist, probably the unions.". It's no surprise that you're completely wrong as well. That's pretty much you're MO for every thread, being completely wrong. It's been purely right wing lawmakers pushing Tesla bans.

Free market capitalism, we love it until something we don't like becomes ultra successful, then we'll do everything in our power to institute frivolous regulation to run it out of town.
    It has nothing to do with wanting to ban electric cars though. Otherwise they would also ban the same of Leafs, Volts, and all the others. There has apparently always been a law requiring dealers to sell cars. I have no idea why though. But dont try to spin it and say republicans hate all electric cars and want them banned

15+ Year Old Account
    It has nothing to do with wanting to ban electric cars though. Otherwise they would also ban the same of Leafs, Volts, and all the others. There has apparently always been a law requiring dealers to sell cars. I have no idea why though. But dont try to spin it and say republicans hate all electric cars and want them banned
    Thus it's rather frivolous, and not backing down on an asinine law is equally frivolous.

During the last ice age 15000 or so years ago, sea levels were over 100m lower than they are today. Over the last few million years years the seas have risen and fallen many, many times as ice caps covered the earth and re-melted. This 10m change was inevitable regardless of the impact of man. We're merely accelerating the process. Dramatic climate change is the history of the planet and has been going on for far longer than we insignificant beings have been here, and will continue long after man has gone extinct. But the political activists would have you believe that global climate has been constant for eternity, and all of the current warming is triggered by man's use of fossil fuels. Yes, that's a contributing factor, but not as significant as those who are politicizing the issue would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Thus it's rather frivolous, and not backing down on an asinine law is equally frivolous.
    It's a strange system. It's akin to saying, "No you can't buy lettuce directly from a farmer; you have to go to a grocery store or restaurant."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    It's a strange system. It's akin to saying, "No you can't buy lettuce directly from a farmer; you have to go to a grocery store or restaurant."
    Its probably some law backed by the unions from the 50s to boost employment numbers, since all the people who worked for dealers would be jobless if manufacturers just sold them

10+ Year Old Account
    Its probably some law backed by the unions from the 50s to boost employment numbers, since all the people who worked for dealers would be jobless if manufacturers just sold them
    Unions? What the fuck does a car dealership have to do with unions? I've never seen nor heard of a car salesman who was a unionized.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Unions? What the fuck does a car dealership have to do with unions? I've never seen nor heard of a car salesman who was a unionized.
    That's because those dirty liberals have been trying to hide THE TRUTH from you!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that your answer to everything? "Probably the unions"?

Because Republican lawmakers and business owners would NEVER make laws to protect their own personal interests...

I don't care. If you tell me the oceans are rising because of mankind... "Ok great. Wonderful. Then what?"
    Stop being so busy talking about the oceans rising and repetitively saying Climate Change really is happening! and how deniers are ignorant whatever else talking points no one cares about.

Start talking about REAL steps and procedures to undo and repair damage, AND how much it'll cost. Take another step forward in solving the stated problem, please. Grassroots me up some cheap and easy solar power links. DIY wind turbines links, shit like that.

If instead of predicting the doom and gloom of rising oceans, ALL these (97% of the community was it?) scientists got together to come up with solar cells that are 1/100th the price of today, how fast would people ease up on burning coal then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkalark View Post
    I don't care. If you tell me the oceans are rising because of mankind... "Ok great. Wonderful. Then what?"
    Stop being so busy talking about the oceans rising and repetitively saying Climate Change really is happening! and how deniers are ignorant whatever else talking points no one cares about.

Start talking about REAL steps and procedures to undo and repair damage, AND how much it'll cost. Take another step forward in solving the stated problem, please. Grassroots me up some cheap and easy solar power links. DIY wind turbines links, shit like that.

If instead of predicting the doom and gloom of rising oceans, ALL these (97% of the community was it?) scientists got together to come up with solar cells that are 1/100th the price of today, how fast would people ease up on burning coal then?
    You're expecting climatologists to engineer cheap and efficient photovoltaic cells.

Why don't you ask your cardiologist to perform neurosurgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You're expecting climatologists to engineer cheap and efficient photovoltaic cells.

Why don't you ask your cardiologist to perform neurosurgery?
    No, I'm asking what the end game is to all this is, if climate change is ACTUALLY happening, then what? I've never seen anything beyond whether it is or isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't the sea levels supposed to rise 50ft 4 years ago?

And weren't we all supposed to starve to death by 1990?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkalark View Post
    No, I'm asking what the end game is to all this is, if climate change is ACTUALLY happening, then what? I've never seen anything beyond whether it is or isn't.
    Primarily because that isn't the point of the study. Again, you're doing the equivalent of asking a cardiologist to perform brain surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Weren't the sea levels supposed to rise 50ft 4 years ago?

And weren't we all supposed to starve to death by 1990?
    No, the prediction was that people would be able to distinguish between hype and actual science by 2010, but as evidenced by your post that is clearly not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    If 9999999 neurosurgeons told you that you had a brain tumor, and your dentist said you didn't, a lot of people here are saying they'd believe their dentist because MRI's are just guessing and not accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primarily because that isn't the point of the study. Again, you're doing the equivalent of asking a cardiologist to perform brain surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the prediction was that people would be able to distinguish between hype and actual science by 2010, but as evidenced by your post that is clearly not the case.
    And how is this any different? I've heard sea levels rising anywhere from 5 inches to 100ft. That's a pretty damn big variance if you ask me and the predictions seem to change every couple years. So which one is it?

Deleted
    Nobody will read this far into the thread but Neil DeGrasse Tyson said something I'd like to quote, regarding Global Warming.

"Don't worry, the planet will be fine. It's the human race that will go extinct" or something along those lines. We're putting our race in an early grave but it doesn't matter on the grand scale.

Exactly how am I doing that by asking, *whats the next step then, once you've convinced 100% of the population climate change is real?*