It seems the Russian humanitarian convoy is back at the border. So I guess we can see an increase in "losses" by the Ukrainian army now

-edit-
    This doesn't look too well, Fitch downgrades Ukraines raitings.
    Last edited by Whatsnew; 2014-08-23 at 08:45 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can expect Ukraine turning into wasteland as Russians successfully delivered nuclear weapons to freedom fighters, covertly while everyone was looking! Those sneaky bastards.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatsnew View Post
    It seems the Russian humanitarian convoy is back at the border. So I guess we can see an increase in "losses" by the Ukrainian army now

-edit-
    This doesn't look too well, Fitch downgrades Ukraines raitings.
    Ehhh that's not really a problem. Noone is investing in Ukraine anyway. If it continues for a long time then it's a problem but on its own it's really not that bad because noone is investing heavily into Ukraine, you don't think of Kiev as a major business hub. It's not like when there was the trouble over whether London is going to be downgraded. Even then, that's one credit agency doing it, others have not. Will have to see what the others do. Something like that is a bit more complex.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Ehhh that's not really a problem. Noone is investing in Ukraine anyway. If it continues for a long time then it's a problem but on its own it's really not that bad because noone is investing heavily into Ukraine, you don't think of Kiev as a major business hub. It's not like when there was the trouble over whether London is going to be downgraded. Even then, that's one credit agency doing it, others have not. Will have to see what the others do. Something like that is a bit more complex.
    Maybe you should look at things less from a business point of view, and more from a humanitarian perspective. This has a direct effect on the quality of living in Ukraine, like always it's the "normal" people that get the biggest hits. What Fitch doesn't report is for example the effects on employment rates or prices of goods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should look at things less from a business point of view, and more from a humanitarian perspective. This has a direct effect on the quality of living in Ukraine, like always it's the "normal" people that get the biggest hits. What Fitch doesn't report is for example the effects on employment rates or prices of goods.
    It's still not that big of a deal. Not really, the civil war is far more impactful. The act of a company altering the grade it gives the country does nothing, it's how people react to that. Thing is that people weren't putting money into the country on any meaningful level anyway outside of certain industries, so if Ukraine is pivotal to those industries then it won't matter as they won't change it. Sure it'll have a negative effect but on the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of an issue. In the long term it is but not today, people in the east need to worry about staying alive rather than if their currency is marginally weaker today than yesterday when comparing the price of a loaf of bread to that in Copenhagen.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Guess you should read up a bit about the economic crisis which basically exists BECAUSE of credit firms altering their ratings and fraude in the financial system. So now those certain industries, that have the biggest impact on everything, lose their investors and clients. No big deal... Aside from that, what's long term? A whole generation? The article talks about at least the next 2.5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess you should read up a bit about the economic crisis which basically exists BECAUSE of credit firms altering their ratings and fraude in the financial system. So now those certain industries, that have the biggest impact on everything, lose their investors and clients. No big deal... Aside from that, what's long term? A whole generation? The article talks about at least the next 2.5 years.
    No, the crisis happened because people altered their ratings and then on the back of that made incredibly risky investments and then lost all their money hence going broke. Just changing the ratings does little, it's the pigshit thick actions afterwards that cause the problems. What's long term? I don't know, depends how long this fighting goes on and the whole Crimea crisis because frankly the economy won't care if it's B- or CCC credit rating as a country (not a bank, which is what manipulated ratings, already different) because noone is going to invest in a place where there is a bloody civil war going on. The economy is ruined until this clusterfuck is dealt with and even then there would need to be a restructuring in Ukraine due to how they've had Sevastopol taken.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No, the crisis happened because people altered their ratings and then on the back of that made incredibly risky investments and then lost all their money hence going broke. Just changing the ratings does little, it's the pigshit thick actions afterwards that cause the problems. What's long term? I don't know, depends how long this fighting goes on and the whole Crimea crisis because frankly the economy won't care if it's B- or CCC credit rating as a country (not a bank, which is what manipulated ratings, already different) because noone is going to invest in a place where there is a bloody civil war going on. The economy is ruined until this clusterfuck is dealt with and even then there would need to be a restructuring in Ukraine due to how they've had Sevastopol taken.
    You do understand that for Ukraine it gets more expensive to get loans too? So what they are going to do, issue bonds nobody buys?

Sad thing is - rebels already had a very good military wins over the last week (they managed to push back Ukrainian assault and even counter-attack at certain points), and their success will most likely be reported as "russian military intervention" now -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    What isn't called a Russian military intervention now? Putin taking a dump in another country's toilet is a Russian Military Intervention - so who cares...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Remembered an anecdot: Putin is a real alpha male. He has not entered anything anywhere, and the whole world is already beating in ecstasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The master of foreplay.

I guess now Ukrainians will blame all their defeats on Russian army/weapons going in with humanitarian convoy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What isn't called a Russian military intervention now? Putin taking a dump in another country's toilet is a Russian Military Intervention - so who cares...
    Technically its an invasion as he left a troop on foreign soil...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondzik View Post
    'lithuanian diplomat'
    Honorary consuls are not diplomats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I guess now Ukrainians will blame all their defeats on Russian army/weapons going in with humanitarian convoy...
    They already claim that the trucks are sneaking out Ukrainian manufacturing equipment.

More amazing stories in 8 o'clock news.

It's censor.net, one of the most braindead Ukrainian resources.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    So, today is 75 years of Molotov-Ribbentrop pact... below is a cartoon from 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    It's censor.net, one of the most braindead Ukrainian resources.
    It doesn't matter, as most of them repost "news" from each other.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    May be true or not true, but still so far it's the most reasonable guess why Russia needed to run 280 almost empty trucks into Ukraine under false pretext.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc