Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    For it's part the US is out of the occupation business. But we're doubling down on the "crack skulls and move on" business, which I'm good with.
    Back to the old ''balance of power'' gamestyle?
    Thats what superpowers do as a matter of fact, but what makes you - US - so annoying is that you overreact to minor problems and spend too much of your resources and enegy on issues that are marginal. The fate of Iraq and Afghanistan isnt as important as maintaing peace in Asia or Europe.

Well, I already see you returning to ''balance of power'' scheme in Yemen but where are the guarantees that the next US President isnt too energetic and doesnt go full retard mode starting another decade long occupation campaign somewhere in Middle East?
    Whoever will be next, will do things asymetrically to how Obama does them - that is, be a lot more engaged and active.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    There is, yes. You can tell it by how Ukrainian venture fails. Europe, which was enthusiastic at first, realized that it doesn't want American mess in their backyard. Poroshenko continues demanding visa-free regime with EU, billions in loans from IMF, and weapons to "counter Russian aggression". Which is both mildly amusing and annoying for Berlin right now.
    Still not buying your 'US puppet President' story tale, but I'm not surprised that the US get's blamed, you also completely forget that Europe is far more interested in keeping Russia away from dreams of expansion, rather than getting yet another country on the welfare list, but it is quite entertainig, from a 1st world country pov, to watch you Russians point out Ukraine as a country is crisis, atleast they have a pretty solid reason with the foreign invasion and all, whats your excuse? "murica did it!11" ?

I'm just saying, Russia under "sanctions, pressure, and isolation" lives waaaaaay better than Ukraine with all the "support" from EU and USA.
    And Europe in Crisis lives waaaay better than Russians, or are invaded countries your new benchmark for how well you're doing? noone ever said or expected Ukraine to be in a great condition at this point, I'm not quite sure what made you think that reforming and rebuilding a country takes a year, but their future is alot more bright under western guidance.

Well, spy activity is by definition meant to be secret, duh. And it's no secret that countries that USA don't like all suddenly start experiencing problems with rise of armed opposition - of course, it's just a coincidence (that's been steadily repeating for over 50 years). As for the whole "hunt for Bin Laden", no man can be worth an operation of such scale (just as ridiculous as the thought that you can beat the air defense of a country with 15 trillion dollar military budget with nothing more than a paper knife and basic pilot skills). The increase of opium export from Afghanistan during American stay there, for example, is food for thought. Loud events like Lusitania, Gulf of Tonkin Incident, Hussein's WMDs, they've been proven time and again to have been setups or fakes to give a pretext for involvement in wars that American electorate would otherwise have never supported.
    But Russia is superior. You can tell it by the fact that we're not being bombed like all the small countries NATO didn't like.
    Not sure why you made a shift from blaming NATO for bombing small countries, to Iraq etc. I doubt you realise the small amount of actual wars NATO have been involved in, I personally think that finding Bin Laden was worth it, and I hope your country would do the same if he had killed 3000 people in Moscow, or do you think Putin would have let that one slide? He's alot weaker than I thought if he did not act on a 9/11 in Moscow.

And I'm not going to defend the Iraq war at all, you're seeing it in black and white, either you agree with everything the US/Russia does or you disagree with all of it, I think the Afghanistan war was justified, Iraq was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Still not buying your 'US puppet President' story tale, but I'm not surprised that the US get's blamed, you also completely forget that Europe is far more interested in keeping Russia away from dreams of expansion, rather than getting yet another country on the welfare list, but it is quite entertainig, from a 1st world country pov, to watch you Russians point out Ukraine as a country is crisis, atleast they have a pretty solid reason with the foreign invasion and all, whats your excuse? "murica did it!11" ?
    We have universal excuse - "oil price". :P Ups and downs can be easily linked to it; though we do perform a lot better then worst expectations.

And Ukraine has "pretty solid reason" - their own incompetence at managing both economy and diplomacy. They only had war in Donbass region, the rest is untouched... yet it still deteriorates at extreme speed.

And Europe in Crisis lives waaaay better than Russians, or are invaded countries your new benchmark for how well you're doing?
    Do you think Greeks live "way better" then Russians? With some them not getting salaries for few months at this point (those that are fortunate enough to at least be employed)?

You can also compare their and Russian unemployment rates...

noone ever said or expected Ukraine to be in a great condition at this point, I'm not quite sure what made you think that reforming and rebuilding a country takes a year, but their future is alot more bright under western guidance.
    They haven't even started. Foreign reformers they invited are leaving country in droves, while their reverence to OUN/UPA drives even those who would support "resisting Russian aggression" away - not everyone likes supporting one evil against another.

They are one step from default and they are already out of money.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2015-05-27 at 12:08 PM.

EU Stance Toward Russia 'Best Gift to China' - Polish Newspaper

No shit..

Russia Can Build Mistral-Like Nuclear Ship Equipped With Air Defense System

"It will not be difficult from a technical point of view to build something like Mistral especially since we have gained access to the drawing list of the [French] helicopter carriers as a number of our weapons systems are adapted to the military characteristics of these ships," Gutenev said.
    Can't believe they gave them the drawings... GG France

Deleted
    It's an opinion piece, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    It's an opinion piece, who cares.
    Edit: You edited your post before i could post mine.

On your new post: Yeah it is opinion piece, what else could it be? Just brought it up for discussions since this is something i've been saying for the longest.
    Last edited by Ulmita; 2015-05-27 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Since you need to start reading the article and finding the link to the polish news paper at the end.
    Again, it's an opinion piece, I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across. That there are Poles that agree with your stance? I don't think that's news to anyone.

Again, it's an opinion piece, I'm not sure what point you're trying to get across. That there are Poles that agree with your stance? I don't think that's news to anyone.
    My point is that the aggressive behavior of the US in eastern Europe as well as in the Pacific, is forging (either they want it or not) a chinese - russian political, economical and military alliance. I am foreseeing SCO being the new Anti-NATO. USA is pulling some major bs in the pacific with some big ass military exercises with Japan and Australia. Basically is pushing Russia and China into each other arms.

If Russia is smart would transfer China some military technology and let them deal with the Americans.

Deleted
    My point is that the aggressive behavior of the US in eastern Europe as well as in the Pacific, is forging (either they want it or not) a chinese - russian political, economical and military alliance. I am foreseeing SCO being the new Anti-NATO. USA is pulling some major bs in the pacific with some big ass military exercises with Japan and Australia. Basically is pushing Russia and China into each other arms.

If Russia is smart would transfer China some military technology and let them deal with the Americans.
    We've discussed this like 50 times now in the course of 50 pages now, it feels like. No, it won't happen.

Deleted
    My point is that the aggressive behavior of the US in eastern Europe as well as in the Pacific
    I dont think eastern Europe thinks the US is agressive same for dozens of Nations in the Pacific.

We've discussed this like 50 times now in the course of 50 pages now, it feels like. No, it won't happen.
    We've discussed the same shit for 100's of pages. I brought up a new article for discussion, not sure whats your problem. If you don't feel like commending on the article, don't...

We've discussed the same shit for 100's of pages. I brought up a new article for discussion, not sure whats your problem. If you don't feel like commending on the article, don't...
    He doesn't care so much he had no choice to post about it several times I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Except you have by adding a possibility you had no right to add.

Sure, and to replace it they need a permission of Russia.

So the handwaving begins.
    I have added nothing, I have just narrowed the list of possible sources to the the known weapon systems in the region that match the damage profile.

If France pays Russia, France owns the ships. The Russian equipment on board is not very significant anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia has "known" how to build a nuclear powered aircraft carrier as well, they have failed to build one. Russian surface ship building is in too sad of shape to actively take on something as complex as a Mistral without direct outside help. Remember, Russia is looking at Chinese warships for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Russia has "known" how to build a nuclear powered aircraft carrier as well, they have failed to build one. Russian surface ship building is in too sad of shape to actively take on something as complex as a Mistral without direct outside help. Remember, Russia is looking at Chinese warships for gods sake.
    Because their ship yards, all of them, ARE IN CAPACITY, for Gods sake..

In fact, the military is taking over civilian yards for their needs, since they don't have enough to produce fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account

If Russia wants to become China's slave (not really the right word, but more PC), more power to them. Only 2 NATO countries have any significant presence in the Pacific, most of the countries aligning against China's aggression in the Pacific are not NATO members.

Russia is smart in not transferring what little military technology they have that exceeds China's capability. They have first hand experience with China building scores of unlicensed copies, which they tend to offer for sale at even cheaper prices than Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Russia is smart in not transferring what little military technology they have that exceeds China's capability. They have first hand experience with China building scores of unlicensed copies, which they tend to offer for sale at even cheaper prices than Russia.
    If China is to clash with the US, they should be arming them non stop. Good for economy (weapon sales) and good for geopolitics

Infact since US is so eager to sanction Russia, Russia owns it to their citizens to sell weapons to w/e country they want to buy them, including N. Korea, Iran etc.

I am not sure why they are not arming them already. They need to offset the sanctions somehow.

Deleted
    Infact since US is so eager to sanction Russia, Russia owns it to their citizens to sell weapons to w/e country they want to buy them, including N. Korea, Iran etc.
    And of cource to ISIL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    And of cource to ISIL as well.
    I am pretty sure as USD found their way to Al Qaeda, they will find their way to IS if not already so no need for that. Not that Russia is known to be funding terrorists, but just saying just to take the bait.
    Last edited by Ulmita; 2015-05-27 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Ohh god can you drop this bullshit deflection tactic even for one second and stand up to the shit russia is doing.

Cheering about arming North Korea yeah well done Dear Leader is best of friends.

Hey, Hillary confirmed it too. It is not deflection its reality. You talked bs when your own nation's money went to that terrorist group you just tried to say it should be funded by Russia.

If Russia and Putin was so evil, they would sell mobile Yars ICBMs to North Korea, and then sit back and watch the fireworks while drinking mojitos.

But hey, Putin is neither evil or irresponsible as you try to make him. Even in times of economical hardship that YOUR nation imposed, he doesn't arm your enemies.