Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    Most of the lvl 86 mobs are green in Pandaria to a current level 90. Unless something changes, and depending on the mob, 7-9 levels in the new content is where things turn grey.
    So are the level 82 mobs in Vashj'ir Anyway I logged in and checked and I really am wrong it's 9 level not 10. There's actually a list for the levels mobs stay green, it's depending on your level so it's very likely it'll stay 9 levels in WoD too.

Level 1-9: 4 levels lower
    Level 10-19: 5 levels lower
    Level 20-29: 6 levels lower
    Level 30-39: 7 levels lower
    Level 40-90: 8 levels lower

On the downside I rode around Deepholm for a bit and aggro ranges even for lvl 82 mobs are not quite pitifully small. And yes they can daze and dismount you, I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If I'm doing the lower level zones for whatever reason and I get jumped by a bunch of level 91 dudes, I'm level 100 and I kill them all in about 10 seconds, that's not going to bother me too much.
    I'll be curious to see if you still feel that way 15 months in the expansion after you've wasted "about 10 seconds" a few hundred or thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    So are the level 82 mobs in Vashj'ir Anyway I logged in and checked and I really am wrong it's 9 level not 10. There's actually a list for the levels mobs stay green, it's depending on your level so it's very likely it'll stay 9 levels in WoD too.

So, at lvl 100, you should be able to ride through starter zones and barely attract any attention. Unless they do a "full" reversion to vanilla, like it is appearing and 95-98 is green and 99-100 is yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Flying needs to be significantly faster than ground speed though. But it should also feel like some kind of reward.
    Then there need to be some hard checks against using flying for every single activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Then there need to be some hard checks against using flying for every single activity.
    Why? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Why? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Because flying in its current state has no drawbacks. There are no checks to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Because flying in its current state has no drawbacks. There are no checks to flying.
    And currently, Blizz doesn't want to add any checks. The problem is, they have a distinct opportunity now to add those checks to flying, but won't. This will ultimately hurt in the long run if they are required to add flying in with 6.1. They are letting this parade pass them by.

And currently, Blizz doesn't want to add any checks. The problem is, they have a distinct opportunity now to add those checks to flying, but won't. This will ultimately hurt in the long run if they are required to add flying in with 6.1. They are letting this parade pass them by.
    I don't even think they are aiming for 6.1 any longer. Playing it by ear means it may or may not happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    I don't even think they are aiming for 6.1 any longer. Playing it by ear means it may or may not happen at all.
    Anything is possible I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Yikes someone needs to get Superman-Bladesedge a xanax or something. I keep seeing him raging and getting banned, and over a game! Sheesh, at first I got annoyed by him, now I'm actually starting to feel kind of bad. You think he wouldn't just go play something else or maybe wait until Beta to get up in arms... or maybe play the game when it comes out (in late september or early october). This would make an interesting test case for withdrawal from an obsessive behavior though.
    You should probably stick to the topic, rather than calling out other posters. As for Superman, even as extreme, and possibly misguided as his intentions may be, I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns. I may not agree with most of what he says, but I definitely give him an A for effort.

I don't get this obsession some of you have with wanting everything at lightning quick speeds, it doesn't append good game play.

One of the best changes their making this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    I don't get this obsession some of you have with wanting everything at lightning quick speeds, it doesn't append good game play.

I will never understand the need for people to go into the same raid night after night, wiping on the same boss for weeks at a time, and calling it "fun", but I don't lobby to have raids removed.

I will never understand the need for people to go into the same raid night after night, wiping on the same boss for weeks at a time, and calling it "fun", but I don't lobby to have raids removed.
    Those are two different things entirely relating to game play. To give one of many examples, raiding is social. The mark and identity of any successful MMO. The topic on hand doesn't relate.

Those are two different things entirely relating to game play. To give one of many examples, raiding is social. The mark and identity of any successful MMO. The topic on hand doesn't relate.
    So, let's reverse the stage for a moment, and pretend it is raiding on the chopping block instead of flight. Different people enjoy different things. Not everyone raids. So, let's pretend that Raiding is being left out at launch, and LFR is your only option. If you want progression, you have to use LFR. Just like, if you want to use a mount, it has to be a ground mount. So, if Blizz told you that LFR would be the only form of progression in WoD, would you still play?

It's not good game play for you, but it is for me.

I don't want things lightning quick. Flying doesn't represent that for me. It represents freedom and enjoyment. I want everything else gated. I will complete the open world in a week or two, unless it's heavily gated, and I will want flight back after I do that. Since flight isn't in the game I will take my wallet elsewhere.

One of the worst changes they're* making this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

So, let's reverse the stage for a moment, and pretend it is raiding on the chopping block instead of flight. Different people enjoy different things. Not everyone raids. So, let's pretend that Raiding is being left out at launch, and LFR is your only option. If you want progression, you have to use LFR. Just like, if you want to use a mount, it has to be a ground mount. So, if Blizz told you that LFR would be the only form of progression in WoD, would you still play?
    The reverse stage doesn't work because raiding is a crucial and pinnacle part of any MMO while flying is not. Raiding supports the MMO formula and game play intended while flying mounts goes against it. A tool used largely to avoid social and game play interactions. Flying sabotages it's own identity as a MMO and the philosophy and intent when new content is added.

The reverse stage doesn't work because raiding is a crucial and pinnacle part of any MMO while flying is not. Raiding supports the MMO formula and game play intended while flying mounts goes against it. A tool used largely to avoid social and game play interactions. Flying sabotages it's own identity as a MMO and the philosophy and intent when new content is added.
    that's your opionon like for some and a lot of us flying is a cruicial and pinnacle part ..... like some said before me, i will vote with my wallet, they start removing key abilitys (and force people to waste time on insignificant stuff) i take my money elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lierial View Post
    that's your opionon like for some and a lot of us flying is a cruicial and pinnacle part ..... like some said before me, i will vote with my wallet, they start removing key abilitys (and force people to waste time on insignificant stuff) i take my money elsewhere
    I wasn't basing my opinion i was providing fact, don't confuse the two. If it's critical for you to that point, MMO's aren't your cup of tea, don't expect them to change the games genre for you.

I wasn't basing my opinion i was providing fact, don't confuse the two. If it's critical for you to that point, MMO's aren't your cup of tea, don't expect them to change the games genre for you.
    That is not fact. It's opinion.

No where is there a guideline or a book of rules stating that raids need to be present in MMORPGs. In fact there are MMOs without them. Regardless of their success they're still in existence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive...er_online_game

Again, you're NOT stating facts. You're misinformed on what an MMORPG is.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post

On the downside I rode around Deepholm for a bit and aggro ranges even for lvl 82 mobs are not quite pitifully small. And yes they can daze and dismount you, I checked.

I'll be curious to see if you still feel that way 15 months in the expansion after you've wasted "about 10 seconds" a few hundred or thousand times.
    Why would you think that I need to go back to those extremely low level zones enough times to be knocked off "a few hundred or thousand times"? A few times maybe, to do achievements if I can be arsed. But I seriously doubt I'd be going there enough times to be knocked off "a few hundred or thousand times".
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's not good game play for you, but it is for me.

I don't want things lightning quick. Flying doesn't represent that for me. It represents freedom and enjoyment. I want everything else gated. I will complete the open world in a week or two, unless it's heavily gated, and I will want flight back after I do that. Since flight isn't in the game I will take my wallet elsewhere.

One of the worst changes they're* making this expansion.
    no it isnt, it doesnt matter.

You will realize the other mmos dont have flying...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    no it isnt, it doesnt matter.

You will realize the other mmos dont have flying...
    Lies! There are MMOs that do. Do a quick Google search and you will see.

But that doesn't matter to me if any other MMOs have it or not, or if there was another MMO in existence. I won't be playing them either.