Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Is this some kind of a joke? Insane utility? lol I can think of many more classes with more utility than an Spriest.
    Druid is the only one I can think of and they have always had more utility than us.

Our AoE is weaker than other classes but theirs might be too strong, wait for the Devs to do some number tuning and then see where we stand.

People need to stop kidding themselves, shadow is very strong especially single target; any classes who are above us you could argue are broken at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkster View Post
    Druid is the only one I can think of and they have always had more utility than us.

Our AoE is weaker than other classes but theirs might be too strong, wait for the Devs to do some number tuning and then see where we stand.

People need to stop kidding themselves, shadow is very strong especially single target; any classes who are above us you could argue are broken at the moment.
    Uhm, excuse me, but... they had months over months to fix Mind Sear with either simply a coefficient or a base dmg increase. It ain't anything major. That's why Spriests worry so much: the fix is extremely simple. It's what they might potentially think to do that terrifies us, especially seeing the extremely dull state disc is now. If they wanted to finally bring our AoE up to par with others, they could have done that months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Uhm, excuse me, but... they had months over months to fix Mind Sear with either simply a coefficient or a base dmg increase. It ain't anything major. That's why Spriests worry so much: the fix is extremely simple. It's what they might potentially think to do that terrifies us, especially seeing the extremely dull state disc is now. If they wanted to finally bring our AoE up to par with others, they could have done that months ago.
    Blizzard aren't stupid. Clearly their numbers have had mind sear at the levels they intended them to be.

about mindsear, I like the suggestion of making insanity affect it but I fear that even that will not be enough :/ wtb an aoe finisher with mindsear generating shadow orbs (only works if you hit let's say 3-4targets minimum).

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard aren't stupid. Clearly their numbers have had mind sear at the levels they thought they intended.
    Stupid, no. Ignorant/blind/lazy ? yes.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    about mindsear, I like the suggestion of making insanity affect it but I fear that even that will not be enough :/ wtb an aoe finisher with mindsear generating shadow orbs (only works if you hit let's say 3-4targets minimum).

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid, no. Ignorant/blind/lazy ? yes.
    It just needs more base damage 10-20%

It just needs more base damage 10-20%
    Yeah they could buff it by ~30% and it'd be ok. But I think adding it to insanity would be way more fun.

Deleted

I take it you haven't been doing many challenge runs? Spriests have extremely poor utility compared to other classes, any half-decent group would take even mages and warlocks over us and they're arguably the weakest classes at the moment. When other classes have things like single-target CC, bloodlust, demonic portal, combat ress, interrupt on a short cooldown, strong burst, stuns / aoe stuns, stampeding roar, demonic portal, health stone, and above all strong AoE / cleave, there's absolutely no reason to pick a spriest who has a good singletarget and crap everything else. We aren't even topping on single, we are just good. Your shield and vampiric embrace are literally nothing in practice, you'll see this once you start trying to push for gold. The only nice and impactful ultility spells we got going for us are lifegrip and dispersion, which are nowhere near enough

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I take it you haven't been doing many challenge runs? Spriests have extremely poor utility compared to other classes, any half-decent group would take even mages and warlocks over us and they're arguably the weakest classes at the moment. When other classes have things like single-target CC, bloodlust, demonic portal, combat ress, interrupt on a short cooldown, strong burst, stuns / aoe stuns, stampeding roar, demonic portal, health stone, and above all strong AoE / cleave, there's absolutely no reason to pick a spriest who has a good singletarget and crap everything else. We aren't even topping on single, we are just good. Your shield and vampiric embrace are literally nothing in practice, you'll see this once you start trying to push for gold. The only nice and impactful ultility spells we got going for us are lifegrip and dispersion, which are nowhere near enough
    ^ pretty much echo this, and I have 3 gold CMs done. Dumb that we are satisfied with good single target that isn't outright demolishing others or anything and then being terrible at everything else WHILE being demolished in those areas.

Exactly this, Spriest are pretty much the worst at utility now. I seriously believe everyone saying Spriest is great utility is not, and has not played one since 6.0 came out.

Raids > cmodes

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Raids > cmodes
    While that's true and the biggest aim should be balance in raiding environment, we still shouldn't ignore other big aspects of the content - and challenge modes happen to be the pinnacle as of now. Raiding isn't everything there is to WoW

While that's true and the biggest aim should be balance in raiding environment, we still shouldn't ignore other big aspects of the content - and challenge modes happen to be the pinnacle as of now. Raiding isn't everything there is to WoW
    Yeah, now we get to micro manage missions/work orders . I can't wait for raids to come out and shadow priests being at the top of the meters. I wonder what people will complain about then.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Yeah, now we get to micro manage missions/work orders . I can't wait for raids to come out and shadow priests being at the top of the meters. I wonder what people will complain about then.
    People will probably complain about other things that aren't balanced, like the before mentioned challenge modes where we are severely lacking compared to most other classes. Just because raiding might be all you care about doesn't mean it's all everyone else cares about, and definitely shouldn't be the only thing Blizzard cares about. Your way of thinking is very self-centered

I wonder what people will complain about then.
    Shadowform still breaking on heals, PoM having a cast time and healing for nothing, taking increased damage when healing, still not having orbs on pull, SoD and SI proc rates; you name it.

But even then we're so much better now than in MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know man - I'm enjoying this whole Assassin's Creed / Garrison Tycoon game
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sear/insanity option would be cool, anything that lets us make a choice on how to use our orbs is a good thing (fuck you Phorror)
    Sig by Safhira

What are you guys using for glyphs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Silence, Glyph of Reflective Shield and Glyph of Restored Faith

Once we get stuck into raid, I will drop silence for VE
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1l0z0ph3r View Post
    What are you guys using for glyphs?
    Glyph of come at me bro, glyph of silence, glyph of mind flay.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Purely speaking for pvp... glyph of silence/fade/reflective shield/restored faith and mindblast. I switch them around abit. Restored faith ia purely for lolz and epic in tarren mill