Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    He's suggesting to attack the argument instead.
    I already did that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The opinion of 7 year olds shouldn't even be taken into account in regards to what they eat for dinner, let alone their gender.
    They're 7. When they reach a suitable age, which isn't 7 by any stretch of the imagination apart from in the minds of deluded people who think their little soldier is really mature for his/her age, then they can decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    If the child has complete control over which gender they feel most aligned with, and aren't forced to take any medication until they make that personal choice themselves; What's the issue?

Does it make you uncomfortable that trans-people exist, or that a child is experiencing GID?

I'd much rather parents bring the child up in a gender neutral environment, allowing them to pick the toys and clothes they wish to wear and play with; Rather than forcing them to play with lego instead of a doll.
    Playing with dolls as a male child, does not make you transgendered. That's the elephant in the room when you are talking about child gender. It does not make me uncomfortable that trans people exist, it's their prerogative. Having a child talk about their gender does make me feel uncomfortable, just like any time a child speaks on anything relating to sexuality. Children are not little adults...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    I already did that...

They're 7. When they reach a suitable age, which isn't 7 by any stretch of the imagination apart from in the minds of deluded people who think their little soldier is really mature for his/her age, then they can decide.
    Let's make it even better.
    "... knew it at 2".

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...s=rss_homepage

Read the article and make your comments but I think the notion that a 2 year old "knows they're born in the wrong body" is ridiculous.

Wish I could fast-forward to see how she feels when puberty kicks in.
    This is what happens when society insists on shoving the gay acceptance thing down everyone's throat (no pun intended), it is all over the place and it is getting to a point that is it corrupting children from a very young age. i know guys, at one point or another when they were young, they put on lip stick, tried on a bra, played with dolls, or did something equally ..um.. girly.. however, it was just out of curiosity.

but when society tells kids that type of behavior is okay and that is it accepted, the kid slowly starts filling his/her head with those thoughts and well, this is what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in this day and age there are medical procedures that can be undertaken so people can change their gender. What about 100 years ago or even earlier? Are there records of transgender/gender dysphoria people back then? Were people just stuck in the wrong bodies permanently? Or has the fact that we have the ability to change these things now induced more people to express these transgender tendencies? I don't know, these are just my unanswered questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It means that even if children are clueless, you can't just assume "it's a phase." Getting started prior to puberty is kind of a big deal too, so you aren't playing it safe by making them wait until later. There are significant risks to either decision.
    If a child is saying anything of the sort, the next question should be 'what would that mean to you, when you are an adult?'. The response you get should put the child's claim in proper perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    This is what happens when society insists on shoving the gay acceptance thing down everyone's throat (no pun intended), it is all over the place and it is getting to a point that is it corrupting children from a very young age. i know guys, at one point or another when they were young, they put on lip stick, tried on a bra, played with dolls, or did something equally ..um.. girly.. however, it was just out of curiosity.

but when society tells kids that type of behavior is okay and that is it accepted, the kid slowly starts filling his/her head with those thoughts and well, this is what happens.
    Oh that's a crock of shit! No, the only thing I see is people not understanding is child development. It has nothing to do with gay people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It means that even if children are clueless, you can't just assume "it's a phase." Getting started prior to puberty is kind of a big deal too, so you aren't playing it safe by making them wait until later. There are significant risks to either decision.
    I'm going to go with the age of majority as when they get to decide, and if there are some issues from their decision after that, then so be it - adults get to weigh up the pros and cons of how their own life will go, children don't.

When they are 7 they don't get to decide anything of any importance, because they are 7.

I can keep emphasising that they are 7 if you want me to.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2014-05-27 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't see how this has anything to do with homosexuality. Wanting to be the opposite sex is different from liking the same sex, even though in the end that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I don't see how this has anything to do with homosexuality. Wanting to be the opposite sex is different from liking the same sex, even though in the end that could happen.
    It's also why the LGBT "relationship" is a false equivalency in and of itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Let's make it even better.
    "... knew it at 2".
    Most kids don't even now how to use a potty at 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    So in this day and age there are medical procedures that can be undertaken so people can change their gender. What about 100 years ago or even earlier? Are there records of transgender/gender dysphoria people back then? Were people just stuck in the wrong bodies permanently? Or has the fact that we have the ability to change these things now induced more people to express these transgender tendencies? I don't know, these are just my unanswered questions.
    This depends on culture- The east was generally friendlier to homosexuality, for example, and I want to take a wild guess and say that transgender expression was more accepted over there.

Generally speaking, though, I would say that it spent most of its time being undiagnosed rather than suddenly popping into existence. Remember that mental health is a far younger practice than medicine or surgery. The alternative is probably going to end up boiling down to "GMOs/vaccines/chemtrails turned my son/daughter trans!", because GID isn't something you develop like you would PTSD; it's a product of genes, hormones in the womb, brain development.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    its the same thing, that was just an example. mass acceptance is corrupting the minds of the young. a kid that age should be thinking about what cartoon to watch and not what gender to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    its the same thing, that was just an example. mass acceptance is corrupting the minds of the young. a kid that age should be thinking about what cartoon to watch and not what gender to be.
    If society didn't FORCE gender on kids then they wouldn't need to worry about anything other than what cartoon to watch.
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass acceptance, doesn't change how the kid feels, it only changes how other react to them.

These parents are sick, brainwashing their kid that early with something she isn't capable of understanding the choice of until much later in life. The parents are attention-wanting nutbags exploiting their child for what they want as political gain, but everyone can see right through their idiocy and ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

So she found Tumblr/Twitter when she was 2 years old?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most kids don't even now how to use a potty at 2.
    I think people are just getting defensive, which should really be solved by understanding that children are not little adults. Saying a 7 year old cannot tell what transgendered even means, is not a sleigh against adults who are transgendered.

Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    If society didn't FORCE gender on kids then they wouldn't need to worry about anything other than what cartoon to watch.
    No one forces a gender on a child - they are born with it. It's not something they get to pick - you are either male or female (barring hermaphrodites). You are probably referring to sexuality, which is also given at birth based on sex/gender, but one may consciously decide to go against their natural inclinations for the opposite sex to partake in same-sex intercourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at 2 your parents would still be dressing you in w/e baby cloths is available. shit im a guy and theres baby picks of me in frilly pink outfits cause "it dont matter ur a baby"

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Mass acceptance, doesn't change how the kid feels, it only changes how other react to them.
    exactly. and this is how kids are reacting to that. they see that it is "okay" to be that way, so they...um.. convert i guess.