Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Quite an insult to the character by making her Gilnean.
    How is that an insult? Eileen clearly has an English accent and Yharnam certainly isn't based on America. Her being a Gilnean is the closest thing to what she actually is in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    How is that an insult? Eileen clearly has an English accent and Yharnam certainly isn't based on America. Her being a Gilnean is the closest thing to what she actually is in game.
    They basicaly made her in league with beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically all hunters can fall prey to the beast inside. Father Gascoigne for example is a hunter, but became well, feral. In a sense, Gilnean is very accurate. That said, putting a reference to that is extremely weird. Not a lot of people are going to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They basicaly made her in league with beasts.
    All hunters have the old blood in them... aka they are beasts but have great control of it. This makes way more sense then the parody of her being any other race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    That said, putting a reference to that is extremely weird. Not a lot of people are going to know.
    I don't think they care about the amount of people who understand it. Just fans of the game putting a nod to it in their own game. This isn't the first and probably won't be the last Souls series reference in WoW, and certainly not even close to the most niche video game references you can find in the game...

Finished the DLC and got all the weapons. Was a lot of fun and definitely worth the $20.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am super annoyed to be honest I purchased the dlc yesterday and did all the requirement to access the dlc area and yet I don't see any eye of the drunken thingy in the ground in the hunter's dream area....I even kept restoring my psn account licenses and rebooting the console still nothing...please if anyone have any idea how to solve this I really appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you playing off disc or off digital?
    If disc, is the disc the same region as the PSN account?
    http://fextralife.com/forums/t48503/...s-amp-answers/

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the physical copy of all region so I think I should have no problem.

Oh god I think I have the us version while I got the eu dlc from the psn store...

This is my current physical copy:

It says in the bottom left side something like www.us.playstation.com so I think I have the us version
    Last edited by Velshin; 2015-11-27 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my Gooodddd this DLC is sooo goooood. Fishing Hamlet = The Shadow over Innsmouth.

I haven't beaten it yet, though. My progression went from Ludwig right to Laurence, and after getting the rune I knew I had to make a new character. I was my Skill/Arcane Reiterpallasch build at that point but I had to try the rune. I HAD TO. So I made a new character. Speed ran her all the way to Rom, killed the stupid hunter for the Hunter rune, killed Amygdala, ran Chalices all the way up to Ailing Loran, grabbed the Beast Claw and got my rune.

Totally worth it. I feel like a total badass.

Of course, now I'm running two playthroughs simultaneously. My old Reitherpallasch character has now become a Bowblade character and I am of course running through it with my Beast Claw character. I've gotten both to Fishing Hamlet now. Loving every second of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I was a bit out of the loop, but I was taken aback by the price of the DLC. I hesitated, but bought it anyways. Man, there is WAY more in this "DLC" than I expected. This should not be marketed as DLC, but as an Expansion. Seriously, this is the type of DLC I want! =)

But yeah, having a blast with this. I haven't played BB in quite some time, so I had some rust to shake off, and the DLC is not forgiving at all. I spent about 1.5 hours last night on one boss until I decided to lame her out (which is fair because she was being quite cheesy). I really like how they give you a lot of weapons options right from the start, and don't hold those away. Its like, "see all those cool hunter's with crazy weapons? Yeah, if you want to use them they're all right here at the start". However, my absolute favorite in all the Souls games has been the Moonlight Greatsword, and I am using that beast right now. The transformation animation is so mesmerizing.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    However, my absolute favorite in all the Souls games has been the Moonlight Greatsword, and I am using that beast right now. The transformation animation is so mesmerizing.
    Sooo pretty. The boss cutscene introducing it gave me chills. I hope to try a build around it some day but right now I'm married to my Beast Claw

10+ Year Old Account
    Either I am getting worse at the game, the game is getting harder, or I am underleveled...

I'm having a seriously tough time against the Orphan. I keep getting clipped and staggered into another hit which kills me. I'm only rocking 27 Vitality (Level 74), so maybe that's too low. I'm barely able to do any damage to him before croaking. The previous bosses didn't give me as hard of a time, which has me scratching my head. Its basically at the point of messing up 1 time and dieing from that 1 mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having trouble getting back into the game. I have my main character that I beat the game and all the chalice dungeons with but he doesn't have any points in bloodtinge and I really want to use Simon's Bowblade. He's also at the beginning of NG+ so I feel like I would have to run through the rest of the game to be on par with the NG+1 DLC.

So I can start a new character and go full bloodtinge and go Simon's Bowblade or I can play through the rest of Bloodborne on NG+1 on my main character and try to get my Bloodtinge up as high as possible. But I don't really feel like doing either right now... It's really stupid that they throw you right into NG+1 after you beat Gehrman/Moon Presence. You would've thought they had learned from Dark Souls 2.

I might just shelf the game until I actually feel like diving back into it hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm having trouble getting back into the game. I have my main character that I beat the game and all the chalice dungeons with but he doesn't have any points in bloodtinge and I really want to use Simon's Bowblade. He's also at the beginning of NG+ so I feel like I would have to run through the rest of the game to be on par with the NG+1 DLC.

So I can start a new character and go full bloodtinge and go Simon's Bowblade or I can play through the rest of Bloodborne on NG+1 on my main character and try to get my Bloodtinge up as high as possible. But I don't really feel like doing either right now... It's really stupid that they throw you right into NG+1 after you beat Gehrman/Moon Presence. You would've thought they had learned from Dark Souls 2.

I might just shelf the game until I actually feel like diving back into it hardcore.
    I can understand for killing Gehrman, but after killing the Moon Presence, don't you kinda... turn into a little squid thing?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I'd just start a new game man, Its fun and doesnt take that long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Either I am getting worse at the game, the game is getting harder, or I am underleveled...

I'm having a seriously tough time against the Orphan. I keep getting clipped and staggered into another hit which kills me. I'm only rocking 27 Vitality (Level 74), so maybe that's too low. I'm barely able to do any damage to him before croaking. The previous bosses didn't give me as hard of a time, which has me scratching my head. Its basically at the point of messing up 1 time and dieing from that 1 mistake.
    Hes one of the harder bosses in bloodborne. You aren't underleveled though, you're actually at the right level. He is extremely unforgiving. The one thing though that I see a lot is DON'T spam the dodge button if you get hit at the start of a chain. Wait for the next hit then dodge. If you dodge off the bat you'll get hit again and again due to his staggered attack.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-12-02 at 10:46 PM.

Man, what a ride. I fell completely in love with the Church Pick within like 2 minutes of picking it up and it became my main weapon through the tail end of the game. Was a nice chance of pace since I originally had used the cane whip from character creation to Platinum trophy completion. The Old Hunters was all around a pretty good time but it left me wanting more.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Man, what a ride. I fell completely in love with the Church Pick within like 2 minutes of picking it up and it became my main weapon through the tail end of the game. Was a nice chance of pace since I originally had used the cane whip from character creation to Platinum trophy completion. The Old Hunters was all around a pretty good time but it left me wanting more.
    Nice work getting platinum with one weapon!

I'm in the same boat. Not because the DLC wasnt great but because this is easily my favorite game on console and there could never be enough. I do hope they make a bloodborne 2. It is likely considering how much the creator loves it and the global success of BB. Perhaps after Dark souls 3. One can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Hes one of the harder bosses in bloodborne. You aren't underleveled though, you're actually at the right level. He is extremely unforgiving. The one thing though that I see a lot is DON'T spam the dodge button if you get hit at the start of a chain. Wait for the next hit then dodge. If you dodge off the bat you'll get hit again and again due to his staggered attack.
    That is good advice. I can guarantee I was spamming the hell out of dodge after getting clipped. I'll give that a whirl.

- - - Updated - - -

New characters are fun. I made a fresh one for Old Hunter's DLC (mostly to re-acclimate with the game since its been awhile since I played it), and its wild to speed through old content with nothing but confidence only to pull a 180 and go back to slow walking and checking every corner in the Old Hunter section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I do hope they make a bloodborne 2. It is likely considering how much the creator loves it and the global success of BB. Perhaps after Dark souls 3. One can dream.
    I really hope they do! I don't think I can go back to the undead fantasy theme now. I'm too invested in the Victorian cosmic horror.