Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a shot. Main transformation is a kinda glaive type thing but with a hilt in the center. You throw it and it has medium range and will return to you. The transformation would have the hilt extend to become a dual bladed Scythe that could have the moveset of the Twinblades from Dark Souls 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'd like to see some of the creativity you guys can muster, describe a weapon you'd think would be cool in BB! For example, a sickle with a slightly longer handle as a standard weapon, but it can be extended to have a chain (L1 transformation mode), therefore having a longer reach. Abit like the Thread Cane, but with a different moveset (and look, ofc)
    Duel wield sickle but the handles are abit longer then normal and when you L1 it turns into a long almost duel end scythe looking weapon. The special when its in L1 does a full 360 spin fallowed by a uppercut then a slash down from the cut.

The special takes a moment to built up so the trade off is you leave yourself open to attack. Also in L1 form each end face's different so you always got one facing infrount of you and behind you.

Ontopic: Also thanks for all the thanks about the trophys guys
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see some of the creativity you guys can muster, describe a weapon you'd think would be cool in BB! For example, a sickle with a slightly longer handle as a standard weapon, but it can be extended to have a chain (L1 transformation mode), therefore having a longer reach. Abit like the Thread Cane, but with a different moveset (and look, ofc)
    Basically just watch RWBY! Everybody's weapon has a secondary mode and they're all pretty much bad ass (like dual nunchucks that are actually shotgun attached with chains that can straighten out and attach to form a staff). =)

Personally though, how about a dagger whose handle can extend to spear length. Not very flashy, but much more practical.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Weheyyy, got the Burial Blade, at last! Going to go for the three(?) remaining DLC bosses I gotta kill, maybe try going more than the Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon then the Moon Presence.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Finally digging into my backlog and got to this game. Having a blast with it and will likely hit Dark Souls II after this one. I can't recall the last time I was literally on the edge of my seat playing a game and exploring a world.

Question about the DLC: is it something that is best served picking up after being done with the main game, or does it mingle well with the main game? I am already 100% sold on this game (and the DLC which seems to get high marks) but would prefer playing it at an appropriate level/time.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Finally digging into my backlog and got to this game. Having a blast with it and will likely hit Dark Souls II after this one. I can't recall the last time I was literally on the edge of my seat playing a game and exploring a world.

Question about the DLC: is it something that is best served picking up after being done with the main game, or does it mingle well with the main game? I am already 100% sold on this game (and the DLC which seems to get high marks) but would prefer playing it at an appropriate level/time.
    You can go about the DLC a number of ways. Its defiantly a bit more harder than the normal campaign. So you want to have a decent level and rank 9-10 weapon. The expansion unlocks after you defeat Vicar Amelia though so you can pop your nose in and get the way point at any time. Theres 2 bosses in the expansion that are pretty hard, you can probably do everything else if you're good at an earlier level. You can also wait for NG+ which is unlocked after you defeat the game.

And Imo its best mingled with the main game. Theres a LOT of weapons in the DLC and you might fall in love with some which is likely.

10+ Year Old Account

Glad you're enjoying it! Bloodborne is a friggin awesome game! =)

As for your question, the DLC is best handled before you beat the main portion of the game. Its pretty unforgiving at parts, and the bosses are not push overs, so you will need levels, upgrade, and player experience to handle it all. That being said, there are TONS of great weapons in the DLC. If you know what you're after then its worthwhile to blitz to the spots that have the weapons you like (assuming they aren't boss drops).

If you are a fresh player, I would recommend waiting on exploring the DLC until the end of the main game. Be careful though, if you beat the game and THEN go to the DLC, then everything will be in NG+ mode and things will get a lot harder for you.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I feel like I'm going in a weird order now. I started Dark Souls a while back, got past Ornstein and Smough and then just stopped (Probably around the time I got a PS4 actually).
    Now I'm playing Bloodborne, and Dark Souls II is sitting on my shelf waiting.

I'll probably end up going Bloodborne->Dark Souls->Dark Souls II, and then III when it comes out like, this month right?

Either way, I just beat the Blood Starved Beast last night, went back to kill the machine gun hunter after dying repeatedly to him, just for him to backstep off the tower...

I guess I'll be searching for where to go next later tonight! I do like Bloodborne more than Dark Souls though so far, it feels more faster paced is the best way I can describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using the Beast Claw with the Beast Rune today, and it's pretty cool, but is it just me, or do you take more damage with a fuller Beasthood bar?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using the Beast Claw with the Beast Rune today, and it's pretty cool, but is it just me, or do you take more damage with a fuller Beasthood bar?
    You deal more damage and take more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I feel like I'm going in a weird order now. I started Dark Souls a while back, got past Ornstein and Smough and then just stopped (Probably around the time I got a PS4 actually).
    Now I'm playing Bloodborne, and Dark Souls II is sitting on my shelf waiting.

I'll probably end up going Bloodborne->Dark Souls->Dark Souls II, and then III when it comes out like, this month right?

Either way, I just beat the Blood Starved Beast last night, went back to kill the machine gun hunter after dying repeatedly to him, just for him to backstep off the tower...

I guess I'll be searching for where to go next later tonight! I do like Bloodborne more than Dark Souls though so far, it feels more faster paced is the best way I can describe it.
    The hunter guy actually becomes a friend after you beat another boss, hes trying to keep people away from it. Try going to ouden chapel and take the straight door out from the lantern and turn right around the building, those crows are replaced by a new mob called 'the kidnapper', let it kill you and enjoy what happens next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    You deal more damage and take more damage.
    This. It rewards aggressive but smart play. You want to be aggressive enough to build up your meter without being silly enough to get one shot with a full meter.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The hunter guy actually becomes a friend after you beat another boss, hes trying to keep people away from it. Try going to ouden chapel and take the straight door out from the lantern and turn right around the building, those crows are replaced by a new mob called 'the kidnapper', let it kill you and enjoy what happens next.
    My friend always called them bagman, but I do remember him telling me about that.

Deleted
    I'm probably waay to serious about this but here's mine anyway!

Shinu's Bladed Ripper

Full story: Yharnamites are not particulary fond of outsiders and the Powderkegs even less so. When Shinu came to Yharnam with the sole intention of drawing beastial blood, most disowned him. Only after his madness came to show in the form of the Bladed Ripper, a weapon of his own design, did the Powderkegs see his potential. Perhaps inspired by the Whirligig Saw... or perhaps the inspiration, Shinu's Bladed Ripper is an iron glove fitted with spinning saw blades and a volatile cannon. Truly only a madman would put himself in such danger, and from this contraption alone he came to be known to history as Madman Shinu.

Weapon Flavortext: “An iron glove fitted with two spinning saw blades and a cannon, only ever used by Madman Shinu. Difficult to wield, the owners own strength decides its potential carnage.

Effect: Improved Visceral Attack.

Requires low strength and high skill to wield. High Strength Scaling, no other scaling.

Using transform primes the cannon, using transform again will fire it. Can be used in combos for different effects. The cannon is not meant to be a main source of damage but instead used for utility. Therefor the weapon will have a low, or no, bloodtinge scaling.

(Unprimed)R1 Combo: A 5-hit chain consisting of bashing enemies with your fist and utilizing the saw blades to slice them open. Priming the weapon during this combo will result in a medium range leap backwards.
    (Primed) R1 Combo: A 5-hit chain consisting of bashing enemies with your first and utilizing the saw blades to slice them open. Shooting weapon during this combo will result in a small displacement backwards from the recoil.

(Unprimed)Backstep R1: Primes your weapon.
    (Primed) Backstep R1: Fired of the cannon in front of you.

(Unprimed)Dodge R1: Straight jab in front of you.
    (Primed)Dodge R1: Straight jab in front of you and firing off your cannon. Deals damage to yourself if hit by explosion.

(Unprimed)Dash R1: Swing arm in front of you, tearing through flesh with your saw blades.
    (Primed)Dash R1: Fire off your cannon and roll back with the recoil.

(Unprimed) R2 attack: Similar to the whirligig saw, fire up the blades and unleash a heavy hit cleaving through both flesh and bone.
    (Primed) R2 attack: Fire up the blades and unleash a heavy hit, cleaving through both flesh and bone and then fire off a volatile shot sending all but the largest beasts flying(including yourself).

(Unprimed) Dodge R2: Slow but heavy hit in front of you.
    (Primed) Dodge R2: Slow but heavy hit in front of you, fire off cannon. Deals damage to yourself if hit by explosion.

(Unprimed) Dash R2: 360 degrees spin, damaging everyone around you.
    (Primed) Dash R2: Fire off cannon and roll back with the recoil.

Leap: Slams glove from the top down, dealing damage to everyone hit and priming your weapon.

The weapon also comes with a specialized visceral attack. Instead of using your hand, you bury your glove deep inside the enemy's flesh with the help of the saw blades and then deliver a powerful shot straight into them dealing massive damage. To help offset this, the weapon itself will deal less normal damage. A hunter's pistol or similar precise weaponry is recommended to annihilate the beasts with visceral goodness!

The DLC is kind of a story itself and while it ties in with the main game, you don't really have to do them in any specific order. I only did the DLC after having platinumed the main game and it did give me some insight as to who the different bosses are, what events might tie into this etc. which I thought improved my experience. It could however, be the other way around as well. Killing a boss and later on reading about him/her/it and thinking "oooh, I know that one!!!". I'd say just play along like you would normally, don't think too much about what is DLC and what is not. Go where you're adventurous spirit tell you to, don't follow a guide showing the best and easiest path. Experience the game and let your excitement guide you
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2016-03-06 at 12:27 AM.