Deleted

Your predictions (Game of Thrones[Books])**[SPOILERS]**

As the title suggests, what are your predictions?

What do you think is going to happen in the next couple of books?

What do you WANT to happen?

Who's going to win the Game of Thrones (I know there probably won't be an outright winner but you know what I mean!)?

Short summaries, please!

My own:

Jon Snow will survive and might even be found or noticed by Brann through the tree communcation. No idea what will happen to Daenarys and frankly, I don't care. Victarion will no doubt come back up from his struggles in some ridiculous way. The next big war between Stannis and Bolton will be a bloody mess and few will survive of either side.
    Not sure how but the Tyrells are going to come into the plot on a larger scale than before, but all in all the Kings Landing story will stay pretty dull for a while and then something might happen, who knows.

I want Varys, Littlefinger, Tyrion and Sansa to win and sit as rulers of the New Seven Kingdoms (Post winter). I think they'd make a fantastic set of rulers. (Oh and he can throw Arya in there if he wants, just to satisfy the masses of folk that seem to be in love with her going-to-be assassin story, which bores me to death, personally)

But I ultimately expect Aegon (real or not) to take back Kings Landing.
    Last edited by mmocd12d3b42be; 2014-06-02 at 10:38 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So it's a spoiler thread, but I'll go ahead and use spoiler tags anyway.

I think either Jon Snow will survive, or if he does I think we'll get some red priestess action to bring him back.

I believe The Hound is still alive. GRRM has never shied away from graphically detailing the deaths of his characters, so for a character to just declare that the hound has died... Not buying it. I'm hoping that we can still get that epic confrontation between The Hound and The Mountain (Ser Robert being the worst kept secret ever.) - I think it would just be fitting for The Hound to be the one that puts his brother down for good.

Of course I'm biased because The Hound is my favourite character.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I honestly think the White Walkers are misunderstood and/or not evil with R'hllor being the evil god. I know morality is grey in the ASOIAF universe, but you know what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Though their portrayal in the series might suggest something else. Since quite a few stuff have been added regarding them that are not on the books. I kinda imagined them like snow elves or something, they made them more like revenants/ghouls.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-06-02 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Thought their portrayal in the series might suggest something else. Since quite a few stuff have been added regarding them that are not on the books. I kinda imagined them like snow elves or something, they made them more like revenants/ghouls.
    Even in the books the white walkers are quite zombie-like, killing countless wildlings/night's watch from book1-book5. I actually expect that the wall is meant to keep men out from their land (and not vice versa) since technically all they did so far was defend.

As I see it, in the end nothing really changes compared to the first book from the perspective of commoners. The Starks will rule the north(via Rickon), Tullys the riverlands(via the son of Edmure+Roslin), some Frey will still rule the Twins, some Lannister branch the west, some Arryn branch the Vale, some Tyrells the Reach, etc...and then in a few hundred years, they'll go kill each others again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just think Sansa is going to win it all and I will have the biggest "FUCK YES" moment when/if she kills littlefinger.

I do not think Danerys will be the savior. While she is the queen of good intentions so far, I think her dragons will end up being a horror to westeros. They will do more harm to the innocent than good for her.

I could see Jaime eventually being trained up with his new sword hand to the point of being a decent swordsman. Eventually he could face Barristan in single combat. It would be sadly ironic. Kind of like Darth Vader vs Obi Wan pt 2 ( the old master vs his former pupil (with prosthetics)).

There's an excellent blog written by a guy named Dorian the Historian where he dives DEEP into GoT and claims that it is actually an adaptation of norse mythology's ragnarok. If yoy have some time to kill, this is worth the read along with his other blogposts on ASoIaF:

http://gameofthronesandnorsemytholog...-ice-fire.html

His predictions are spot on in my opinion.

I honestly think at the end it'll be Sansa on the throne...maybe with Tyrion, if he's lucky. More likely, Tyrion will toss his lot in with Dany, and I don't see that whole storyline going well. At some point, I think Dany's going to lose control of her dragons, which has been alluded to many times with visions of KL's burning.

The twist at the end may be that Sansa'll be on the throne, but she'll be embittered and more like Littlefinger than ever. Littlefinger may even be her king.

As far as religion goes, I can't see R'hllor as a force for good, though Melisandre's chapters (and Boric's) have certainly made him more sympathetic in later books. I also don't believe Bran's faction of the Old Gods are entirely good. They seem more like "chaotic neutral" if we want to talk alignments. Of all the religion we've seen in this world, the religion of the Seven, despite being the most widely described, has been the only one to show no power. It would be interesting if that changed, either through the High Sparrow/Lancel, etc.

I also think at some point Asshai has to come into it. Melisandre is from Asshai, so is the women in the laquered wooden mask who keeps showing up with Dany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I honestly think the White Walkers are misunderstood and/or not evil with R'hllor being the evil god. I know morality is grey in the ASOIAF universe, but you know what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Though their portrayal in the series might suggest something else. Since quite a few stuff have been added regarding them that are not on the books. I kinda imagined them like snow elves or something, they made them more like revenants/ghouls.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme...thers_and_the/

Is a fantastic read, great theories about the real reason behind the others. I actually think that this is entirely plausible and the best I've read so far.

Also, this should be in the dedicated spoiler thread, no need to make a new thread.

Please use the GoT spoiler megathread for discussion about predictions as that's a topic covered regularly in there for both books and show.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Discussion***