Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm actually excited about Tremor and feel bad he's not in the main story. Since Rain's not here to let me continue my limited video game adventures in offensive hydromancy I guess I can take a good stab at geomancy. After him I have to say I'm most excited to give Cassie a whirl, I was excited about Takeda when I heard about the whips but... seeing them in action left me flat.

I think I'm more excited about the new characters than anyone else. Ferra/Torr and D'vorah both look to be a lot of fun. Mileena is still my favorite, but I'm really looking forward to playing Ferra/Torr. And I've never been a huge fan of Jax, but he actually looks awesome in MKX.

Erron Black doesn't really do that much for me, for some reason. He seemed cool at first, but then I saw the gameplay video and wasn't really that excited. All the other new characters look awesome though.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-01 at 10:42 PM.

The complete roster. It's fine I guess. A little too many humans for my taste, I still dont get why they put parents and children in.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2015-04-03 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Also: has Jacqui's mother ever been mentioned?
    According to the interwebz Gemini is rumored to be Jacqueline's mom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post

The complete roster. It's fine I guess. A little too many humans for my taste, I still dont get why they put parents and children in.
    Yeah I love the whole 'new characters!!' bullshit they had going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Yeah I love the whole 'new characters!!' bullshit they had going on.
    Well to be fair they went for 50% new 50% old (said that right from the beginning) and we got that. I just wished that the new characters would be more varied instead of being children of the old characters also in the game.

I would like the roster a lot more if they would have removed jonny, sonya and jax(being replaced by their children) and added some old characters that are not plain human like cyrax or motaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    I would like the roster a lot more if they would have removed jonny, sonya and jax(being replaced by their children) and added some old characters that are not plain human like cyrax or motaro.
    Yeah, I kind of agree. I'm fine with the fact that the parents are in the game, but I think I would've preferred them to be more like story mode characters instead of taking up playable character slots. Would've been better for the parents to be story NPCs, I think. Maybe even playable, but only during certain points of story mode. That being said....while I'm not super excited about Sonya/Johnny/Kenshi, I do have to admit that Jax looks incredibly badass.

I wonder if there's going to be room for more DLC characters down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    According to the interwebz Gemini is rumored to be Jacqueline's mom.
    Nice. I never played the Special Forces games, so I missed that bit. I was reading a lot of talk about Jade, but that seemed like a hell of a stretch. Gemini makes more sense now that I've read about her.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-04 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So umm... yeah, and.. well... uhh..

HOLY SHIT!

Discuss.

FUCK YEAH, Goro.

Also: why can't he and Johnny Cage just get along? :| Pretty much every kind of promotional thing I've ever seen with Goro involves him beating the shit out of Johnny Cage. Sorta like how we always see Scorpion beating up Sub Zero.

I'm mostly happy with the roster. Mileena and Goro were my two major "I'm definitely buying the game if they're in it" characters.

I am a bit disappointed that Jade couldn't make it when so many others came back from the dead. But I can deal with it. Again, I just think it's a shame Tanya will be in the game without Jade, considering how much they hated each other in the original timeline. I guess Kitana will take up that feud now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-04 at 10:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    no stryker... I'm sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    no stryker... I'm sad.
    I feel ya, bro. I placed second in a release-day tourney for MK9 with him.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    no stryker... I'm sad.
    Trust me - he'll be showing up in a few months time after it's out I'm betting. :P

EDIT: Man... I haven't touched MK since MK3 and then Deadly Alliance... Between Predator and Goro.... good god I'm really getting the old school vibe back! :P (don't ask how Predator works on the Old School MK vibe... just trust me on it! :P)

8 days.

Hyyyyyype

I'm not a huge System of a Down fan, but that's an awesome trailer. That crazy-ass flying dropkick/split move at 1:53. o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Could add Takashi to that list, he uses nothing but high tech. Very sleek tech at that. And of course, Kano =D
    Yeah, he's actually the next one on the list. I like those whips...but I also like just old-fashioned fisticuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    See, when Goro does that stuff, I believe it.
    Heh, yeah. Goro is all about brute strength. He's like The Hulk, but with four arms, not green, and always angry.

It's far more believable to see him ripping off body parts/heads left and right. I'd imagine it'd take a hell of a lot of strength to straight-up rip a dude's head off with your bare hands (it's a lot less believable when you see someone like Mileena doing it, for example). Hell, Jade did it one-handed for one of her fatalities in MK9.

Not that I play Mortal Kombat for realism anyway, but yeah....I have no trouble believing it when Goro rips a head off. You don't want Goro mad at you.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-06 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jacqueline Briggs gimme gimme gimme!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    8 days.

Hyyyyyype

I'm not a huge System of a Down fan, but that's an awesome trailer. That crazy-ass flying dropkick/split move at 1:53. o_o
    Fucking work of ART right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Fucking work of ART right there.
    Yeah....and still faced with only 1 question. What platform to buy it for???

10+ Year Old Account
    Man,I really wamt this game. I think i'll get it for PC first and probably later for PS4. I miss a good beat&up for couch gaming

I'll probably go with the PC version myself. I don't have an XBone or PS4 yet, and I don't want to drop a week's pay on a console just for one game.

I do, however, have a kickass gaming rig and a wired XBox 360 controller. So yeah, I'm going that route. I do have an XBox 360, but if I'm paying full price for the game either way, I'd rather run it on said kickass gaming rig than a console from 2005.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-04-08 at 03:58 PM.