Deleted

GW2 future (lore wise)

Are we going to kill all Elder Dragons?

Simple question, I wanna know your opinions.

I'd say no, sadly. It's nearly 2 years since launch and we have only defeated Zhaitan. Yes, we're going for Mord (2nd of 6...) now but we won't kill him fast I suppose. (As in-game players we don't even know that it's his awaking we have heard)

And seeing that they scrapped GW1 for GW2 after so many years and incomplete GW:Beyond ( Elona ;__; ) I can't imagine AN dragging GW2 for next ~8 years? to let us kill (or meet.. because it's not said that we're able to kill all the elder dragons or that elder dragon cannot turn into good like Glint) all of them. (I'm still waiting for Fall of Abaddon fractal...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lore-Mechanics thoughts (mostly speculations and my hopes/wishes, you don't have to read it, no tl;dr version to be included):

At first I thought that Mord will be the last dragon to be defeated, after Bubbles. But now, after LS1 and current things happening + players' wishes for Cantha/Tengu, I made a pattern in my mind:

→ Game launch - Zhaitan +(complete)

→ LS1 - filler, Scarlet 'leading' us to Mord +

→ LS2 - we're going for Mord *(to happen 'now') &? Can we expect an expansion during LS2? Tengu and Quaggans (who seem to be GW2 'trademark') as new races and samurais (3rd heavy armor profession, Tengu themed) and ritualists (4th cloth users, Quaggans perform rituals in GW2) as new classes? However racial sympathy would need to be changed. About new weapons: maybe ceremonial cauldron/urn for ritualists (2h weapon, ritualists in GW1 can use skills to hold urn with ashes, could be also usable by guardians) and... what for samurais? There might be also some stuff invloving White Mantle (and MAAAAAYBE Mursaats / Bloodstones / Jennah) at start.

→ LS3 - ?(pure speculation, based on previous speculations, assuming they're come true) My guess would be that Tengu will 'invite' us to Cantha (2nd expansion) where we're going to resolve the tyranny and help the society. This would end with our discovery that Bubbles is going to attack Cantha.

→ LS4 - ? Yeah, I'll continue my speculations till all the dragons are dead! xD So, we're facing a new threat while being in Cantha - Bubbles. Quaggans, who have previously joined us as a playable race, will convince (3rd expansion!) Largos and Hyleks (Hyleks were found in Elona and Tyria in GW1 so in 250 years some of them could migrate to Cantha also) to help us and BOOM, we have another 2 playable races. New progessions would be: paragons (4th heavy armor user) (Largos feel best underwater, spears are underwater weapons so it's a chance to introduce spear/polearm, which can be used as a javelin also, as a land weapon. Also because of wings and because of something mysterious I can't name they have a feeling of paragons) and... yeah, what? Herbalist/Druid/Shaman/Chloromancer/Mad Doctor/Alchemist/Martial Art User mix (4th medium profession, we'd have 4 of all types by that point)? Well, I'm sure they would come up with something. As for new weapon (it's not a must but AN have said that they want to add new weapons too) - poison dart blowing gun? whip? (they have long, frog tongues that resembles whips xD). Anyway, this would end with defeating Bubbles.

→ LS5 - ? We defeated Bubbles and 'made good' in Cantha so Zephyrites appreciate this and warn us about Kralkatorrik asking for help. We're moving to Crystal Desert (4th expansion). This time, Forgotten (hopefully, to this point, they would resolve the problem with armor models) join us as a first new playable race and ??? as second. ??? could be Margonites if they introduce revamped chronomancer (time magic, 5th light armor) as a profession here. (Hopefully they'll go on with fractals too btw) Second profession would be of course dervish (5th medium armor user). New weapons: scythe for dervishes and ??? for chronomancers (don't want to speculate really... could be anything) This time however, races and pofessions would be added as playable at the end of LS, to make sense.

→ LS6 - ? We defeated Kralkatorrik so we can move to Elona and kick Joko's ass.

→ LS7 - ? We're returning to Tyria, happy after defeat of Palawa. We gonna face Jormag now! Kodans joins us (5th expansion!)! Second race would be... Jotuns? Weapons? Urgh... maybe giant clubs (however I have no idea of what could be Jotun related profession) and... really, don't know about Kodans. (however one of them had to be 5th heavy armor user and second - 6th light armor user)

→ LS8 - ? Jormag's dead. While we're at his 'corpse', celebrating victory, a dwarf from underground visit us. Under his and Ogden's lead we're going down (6th expansion!) to help the remaining dwarves defeat Primordus. Skritts and Dredges (whip would make sense to be added here as a weapon with Dredges who are usually slaves [so poison dart blow gun for Hyleks ;p]) as playable races. Don't ask me about professions... no clue. (Dredge related would be 6th heavy profession and Skritt related 6th medium profession - so we're at 6 of all types). We defeat Primordus. We can move to GW3! (to solve the rest of old, current and new-to-be-added mysteries and meet important characters, gods included, etc. [however some of them would be 'done' in fractals and 'side plots' during LSes])

It would be probable scenario (hey, really! Of course, it has gaps, but don't expect me to know all of their plans xD) if AN decided to drag GW2 for so long. But most likely they won't, as I said at start.

I might update speculations in the future but most likely I won't xD If anybody reads it (I doubt it), I will be happy to see your thoughts as well

EDIT: My new, much more simple concept of developing GW2

→ Launch, defeat of Zhaitan

→ Zhaitan is defeated, we can move to Cantha, Tengu join us [new playable race + class - Samurai] (we visit Battle Isles for a few Living Story before reaching Cantha). Then we kick Emperor's ass and choose a new one that is more into "democracy". We're celebrating.

→ Our celebrations are interrupted by Deep Sea Dragon. Quaggans, after hearing about DSD attacking Cantha, travel there and offer their help [new race + class - Ritualist]. We defend and attack, defend and attack (sometimes we're winning but mostly we cannot lead a successful attack. UNTILL Largos strike from behind and save our asses. Then the tides are changed and we're winning) untill DSD is somehow defeated (by some kind of ritual maybe?). At the end Largos show us respect and say that we are trustworthy. [They become playable with Paragon as a class]

→ We're moving back to Tyria. Southern parts (mostly Orr and Asura and Sylvari regions) have new plants. We think it's good (no more Zhaitan's corruption) but we discover that it's because Mordermorth awakened. Plants and Vines (+ plant monsters) start to attack us. We head deep into Maguuma, mostly north. We ask Hylek for help. We defeat Mordermorth. It ends with meeting Dwarves that came out of underground to warn us about killing Dragons but it's too late. We discover that each dead Dragon boost the powers of the rest. Mord was still weak because we defeated him shortly after awaking (and it wasn't easy!) [Hylek join as a playable race after the victory]

→ We're coming underground with Dwarves to defeat Primordus. We're moving to the east / north-east. We find a way to defeat him but we're trapped - the road we used to enter is no longer passable. We find a new exit in a LS episode, curious and greedy Skirtts help us, actually - we're back on surface... in Northern Shiverpeaks. [At the end of LS chain, Skirtts become playable]

→ We meet Kodan. We help them and at the same time we see how Dwarven society (new Dwarves still coming out from the Tunnels) is re-creating. We're fighting some Jormag's minions and we finish this LS with building a city where Dwarves and Kodans live together. [We get both races as playable races]

→ We can go back South to Kryta but we decide to stay because Jormag focuses on our newly built city. We push north untill we somehow... again... defeat the Dragon. Grawls come in handy with that [we get another playable race]

→ 5 Dragons are defeated. We come back to Kryta when Jennah informs us about bad status of Crystal Desert. Karklatronik infused with the power of defeated dragons is doing what it wants. Gate in Fields of Ruins is nearly destroyed, lesser dragons travel to the every region of Tyria. However we must get some rest. Zephyrites come with help. We're celebrating while thinking how to defeat such powerful (now) Dragon. Zephyrites agree to reveal their secrets if we defeat Palawa Joko first. We agree, however time is running up. When we enter Palawa's Joko domain we can see his forces being overwhelmed by Karkl's forces. Even the Undead King cannot be compared to Karkl's power. He offers us an alliance in order to defeat the Dragon but we dissagree and slay him. Zephyrites tell us how to put Karlk to sleep but it's not easy. We must reach the place where the Dragon is residing. In the end we succeed and it's put to sleep. Remaining Branded forces are slowly destroyed, corruption is stopped.

→ We're searching for a way to defeat Karlk completely while dealing with the remaing threats and revealing remaining secrets.
    Last edited by mmocf89c8b0f36; 2015-01-09 at 01:06 PM.

I say Season 2 ends with us killing (or neutralizing) Mordremoth at the end with the White Mantle being a secondary story to follow during S2. I think S3 will then take us through the portal in Ebonhawke to the Crystal Desert and Kralkatorrik.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I say Season 2 ends with us killing (or neutralizing) Mordremoth at the end with the White Mantle being a secondary story to follow during S2. I think S3 will then take us through the portal in Ebonhawke to the Crystal Desert and Kralkatorrik.
    I think we will either go to the Crystal Desert and then to Elona or we will go to some place that we never went to in Guild Wars. Of course we could go somewhere that we never went in S2.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-05-29 at 05:12 PM.

I think we are going to discover that killing the Elder Dragons isn't actually a good thing and instead figure out a way to neutralize them somehow. Honestly I think a lot of this season is going to revolve around the Sylvari and their place in things. There's also still that explanation of why Teq gained strength.

Also I'd say it's much more likely we'll got to new places before we return to Elona or Cantha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they give a shit about lore anymore but Palawa Joko gets his ass kicked by NO ONE

I think it is more that they want to focus on new stories since the game is 200 years in the future. Though we still could see Palawa Joko since he's undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I think it is more that they want to focus on new stories since the game is 200 years in the future. Though we still could see Palawa Joko since he's undead.
    I'm not sure if you know this but he's currently ruling Elona with an iron fist in the desolation, where he taught us how to ride Junundu in GW1.

He raped istan, vabbi, and kourna only 60 years after the events of Nightfall lol and now has double the army, his undead and to the humans he promises wealth and power.

.. it was never smart to break a deal with that guy, but damn it makes for some interesting story. I doubt any of this will be touched on in GW2 but at the very least there is a higher chance of Elona happening than Factions.

I am very mixed between which I would want most.. factions is just all around amazing, but joko is my favorite character in the GW universe. It's just so interesting how his undead followers seemed to have free will yet undying devotion to their master.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-05-31 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not sure if you know this but he's currently ruling Elona with an iron fist in the desolation, where he taught us how to ride Junundu in GW1.

He raped istan, vabbi, and kourna only 60 years after the events of Nightfall lol and now has double the army, his undead and to the humans he promises wealth and power.

.. it was never smart to break a deal with that guy, but damn it makes for some interesting story. I doubt any of this will be touched on in GW2 but at the very least there is a higher chance of Elona happening than Factions.

I am very mixed between which I would want most.. factions is just all around amazing, but joko is my favorite character in the GW universe. It's just so interesting how his undead followers seemed to have free will yet undying devotion to their master.
    I knew a little bit about him, I only really played factions though. I think it would be really cool to see Elona again full of undead. It's a shame that Arenanet did Zhaitan first because they may shy away from undead for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I knew a little bit about him, I only really played factions though. I think it would be really cool to see Elona again full of undead. It's a shame that Arenanet did Zhaitan first because they may shy away from undead for that reason.
    What I think would be neat is if they did some variation of undead, just as Risen and Necromancers Minions are different.

But really, can't have an entirely singular themed area, so "all undead" seems lacking. I'd think they'd have more room to play with Animated Statues as an archetype. Though, a terracotta army might be more Cantha themed. Elona could do sand-monsters too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Even though I enjoyed the Factions aesthetic a lot, I found Nightfall and Elona in general to have a better overall story. So I'm with you in that I have mixed feelings in which one I'd like first but I'd probably lean towards Elona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Even though I enjoyed the Factions aesthetic a lot, I found Nightfall and Elona in general to have a better overall story. So I'm with you in that I have mixed feelings in which one I'd like first but I'd probably lean towards Elona.
    During the NF main story there is talk between the NPCs that the previous campaign story sucked, I thought that was funny.

I got you on Elona but come on... Factions god-tier voice acting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obHiZqfAwyQ