Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    After doing more testing (been falling down on the job, srsly), I'm just kind of...annoyed...that 9 times out of 10, it's just plain better for me to spam single-target heals or Binding Heal over using CoH or PoH. I get more bang for the buck, and since mana isn't a concern...

This is as Holy, of course.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

That's because binding heal with glyph is super op currently. Costs less than PoH, is faster, heals for more per target plus refreshes renew on 3 targets with serenity on.

Deleted
    two red questions for the testers:

Glyphs
    So the extra target within 20 yards that the glyphed BH is picking is random or is actually a low health one?

Talents
    Cascade doesn't refresh renew in Wod, Halo doesn't break stealth in MoP, but Holy Nova breaks it in WoD. Take on the priest lvl90 talents especially for healing specs? Were those been balanced properly at least between themselves? -> Why they left Divine Star as a holy+arcane school spell?

This isn't constructive, but I said that maybe I get some feedback. I am not a game designer and I am not designing their game but it felt weird that someone contributing to this thread "managed" to change Clarity of Purpose:

How come I don't see any cast time added to any of the lvl90 paladin talents as holy, not to mention that their damage part is still there? How come the druid talents are still consistent in snares / cc areas? Not to mention all of them are mana free. Actually the only talent that costs mana, as resto druid at least is cenarion ward.. Psychic pain -> How bout increasing the cooldown to 50 sec or so for psychic scream and making it baseline at least for disc and holy and adding an aoe snare within 8 yards or even narrower 6 yards with an effect way less powerful than any given by a.. druid talent, not 50% but 15 - 25 % movement speed reduction for.. way less than 15 sec, lets' say 7 sec, 6 sec, 5 sec or something, that does not stack with any other movement speed reductions, to up to 5-6 targets that .. refreshes your shadow word pain on them. not applying, dunno.. vt for shadow or something, no, refreshing.. refreshing sw : p. Wouldn't increase the quality of life for priests a little bit and count for a talent justice across classes?

And what is so important about the complexity of clarity of purpose? heals target for x depending on the % of health it has and also the nearby targets for the same amount.. Now it sounds like any other wow spell. I thought it makes something with the overheal, I thought it is a smart heal I even hoped at some point based on the wowhead formula and not on the wowdb one that it consists of two actual independent rolls of heal .. that can therefore multistrike independently. At first sight, in the spring, I liked the fact that it could be cast on an enemy target to be benefit the ones around it.

Maybe there is some about void entropy but is there any gain from the fact that clarity of will and purpose are actually off the global cooldown? GCD=0.

Stats
    I am so afraid of the multistrike thing.. Isn't insane to actually have gear that gets both crit and multistrike as guaranteed secondary stats? Because spirit is a secondary stat, we were always staying behind, the perks of being a healing spec but now with divine providence isn't like the holy healing spec is pushed back even further with the addition of yet another secondary stat? Just asking.

Do you guys think that luck will be a big part of the game? Gear. More hours of playing, more chances of winning the lottery. It gets pretty consistent with the chances on some talents that let a healer to actually do his/her job, heal.
    Last edited by mmoc42c9a4b51e; 2014-07-08 at 10:49 AM. Reason: format

Deleted
    Am I the only one who thinks that Blizzard have utterly failed with these talents from their own orignal vision of 'the new talent style' when choosing one talent in one tier limits your viable talent choice in another tier?

You should be able to choose whatever talent in that tier suits the encounter regardless of what other talents you have chosen. Of course, for given types of encounters, the same talents often suit particular fights. You choose talent A from tier 3 because it suits multi-target fights, you also pick talent B from tier 6 because it also suits multi-target fights. Hence, for multi target fights, those two talents will often be used together in multi-target fights (just as an example).

However, now it seems that you choose talent A because it works for multi-target fights and then talent b because it has good synergy with talent A <-- this is wrong IMO. I feel like the potential variation for talent choice is being very limited for different encounter types.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Mindbender hasn't changed, so there's still no reason to pick it as Shadow.
    Is this accepted as ok? Should there really be talents that we deem as rubbish for Shadow in every situation?
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2014-07-08 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    Why they left Divine Star as a holy+arcane school spell?
    Flavour and to allow a healing action should the Holy school be locked would be my guess. Multi-school spells are fun!

I am so afraid of the multistrike thing.. Isn't insane to actually have gear that gets both crit and multistrike as guaranteed secondary stats? Because spirit is a secondary stat, we were always staying behind, the perks of being a healing spec but now with divine providence isn't like the holy healing spec is pushed back even further with the addition of yet another secondary stat? Just asking.
    What do you mean pushed back? You won't be stacking spirit to the same degree as it will be on less pieces meaning more raw secondary stats but a greater number of secondary stats for these values to be spread over (Crit, Haste, MStrike and Vers). Aside from that, I'm not too sure what point you are arguing :S

Quote Originally Posted by holy priest View Post
    Why they left Divine Star as a holy+arcane school spell?
    Is that intended? I'd love that, given the significance of it's flavor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The new CoPurpose design sounds really good. If the healing output is similar to the old design it will make CoP our primary high HPS heal.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    After doing more testing (been falling down on the job, srsly), I'm just kind of...annoyed...that 9 times out of 10, it's just plain better for me to spam single-target heals or Binding Heal over using CoH or PoH. I get more bang for the buck, and since mana isn't a concern...

This is as Holy, of course.
    Glyphed CoH is significantly better than binding heal on 3 targets and its a smart heal. However binding heal is spammable and CoH isnt, so CoH won't do as much healing as BH. CoH will never be as useful as binding heal in a 5-man dungeon though.

Binding heal is currently overtuned, due to the low mana cost. There is no perk increasing its value though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Is that intended? I'd love that, given the significance of it's flavor.
    DS was intended to be dual-school and according to WoWDB Beta it still is.

- - - Updated - - -

The new Clarity of Purpose is nice.

Buffs to Holy AoE heals look nice; once I stop DC'ing constantly I'm gonna do some testing

Clarity of Purpose so broken now, you can heal through the 2 voidwalkers aoeing in shadowmoon burial grounds with none interrupting because you do like 200k hps. Nerfbat inc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Clarity of Purpose so broken now, you can heal through the 2 voidwalkers aoeing in shadowmoon burial grounds with none interrupting because you do like 200k hps. Nerfbat inc.
    Shush, you, working as intended!

Nope, just not fully updated yet.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warning: The next build you see may have the spellpower coefficient on it still at the old one, which was 4.9something, since it was intended to Meteor. Tooltip lies, it's really 100%.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929?page=14#275

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I wish I was 100 to abuse that... healing it at 91 is impossible when there are no interrupts (even close when there are...). Feel like every single heal hits for like 0 healing now. Not fun times for healing.

Inner Fire and Inner Will were pruned right? So shouldn't that glyph of Inner Sanctum be gone as well?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Inner Fire and Inner Will were pruned right? So shouldn't that glyph of Inner Sanctum be gone as well?
    It is: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=42400

So wait, is the new Clarity of purpose basicly Holy radiance with a touch of shaman mastery (higher healing on lower target)...?
    Like, it literally has the same range, hits same amount of targets etc.

All of my wat.

"Divine Insight - Your Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing have a 40% chance to make your next Prayer of Mending not trigger its cooldown and jump to each target instantly. Priest - LvL 75 Talent."

I was under the impression that Greater Heal was renamed Heal, and Heal was removed. Bug or am I missing something lol?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So wait, is the new Clarity of purpose basicly Holy radiance with a touch of shaman mastery (higher healing on lower target)...?
    Like, it literally has the same range, hits same amount of targets etc.

All of my wat.
    Clarity of Power nerfed down to 100%-200% spell power. Now no longer relevant. PoH is better, funny how numbers change everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrispbacon177 View Post
    "Divine Insight - Your Greater Heal and Prayer of Healing have a 40% chance to make your next Prayer of Mending not trigger its cooldown and jump to each target instantly. Priest - LvL 75 Talent."

I was under the impression that Greater Heal was renamed Heal, and Heal was removed. Bug or am I missing something lol?
    Tooltip update will fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

WoM PoM is broken with Atonement. Every Atonement heal is generating a stack of WoM, including multistrike Atonements. I can literally cast one Holy Fire and with the ticking DoT doing Atonement healing I can cast nothing else and it goes all the way to 10+ and gives me the WoM buff. Atonement will not activate the WoM PoM though, you have to cast a direct heal for it to work. Defensive Penance creates one stack of WoM, Offensive Penance creates 3-6 (depending on multi strikes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    WoM PoM is broken with Atonement. Every Atonement heal is generating a stack of WoM, including multistrike Atonements. I can literally cast one Holy Fire and with the ticking DoT doing Atonement healing I can cast nothing else and it goes all the way to 10+ and gives me the WoM buff. Atonement will not activate the WoM PoM though, you have to cast a direct heal for it to work. Defensive Penance creates one stack of WoM, Offensive Penance creates 3-6 (depending on multi strikes).
    Sounds broken. Also sounds freaking awesome. It would be nice to see both sources of Penance generating 3 stacks of WoM. The DoT from Holy Fire is obviously not going to be intended in Renew ticks can't generate WoM. Does Smite Atonement generate a stack of WoM?

Clarity of Power nerfed down to 100%-200% spell power. Now no longer relevant. PoH is better, funny how numbers change everything.
    Isn't Clarity of Purpose cheaper though? Seems like it will just need to be used at the right time which will make it a horrible spell for arguments regarding healing from other healers.

And! When did Angelic Feathers drop to 60%?
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-07-10 at 07:36 AM.

This build is riddled with bugs...

Current build allows for Multistrikes to create Echo of Light AND Echo of LIght can also Multistrike. Essentially double dipping on the stat's benefit--- dangerous, particularly since Holy Priests also have a 25% bonus to MS. It should likely either do one, not both. (MS can create EoL, or EoL can MS)

Clarity of Purpose does not seem to be able to proc Divine Insight in the current build--- 40 casts and not ONE? It should since the tooltip says it should (despite the tooltip saying CoP and POH: simple tooltip error), and that it replacing POH. If CoP ISNT supposed to proc DI.. that makes DI a "wrong" choice if you choose CoP, since you lose 1/2 of your spells it can proc off of. And "wrong choices" is something they wanted to not be a "thing"