Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually looking forward to Sims 4.... but I may just be really bored. Oh, and I found a way to enable a "start in offline mode" button. If you don't update Origin, the update prompt dialog has said button, allowing you to start in offline mode without disconnecting or disabling your internet connection.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to Sims 4.... but I may just be really bored. Oh, and I found a way to enable a "start in offline mode" button. If you don't update Origin, the update prompt dialog has said button, allowing you to start in offline mode without disconnecting or disabling your internet connection.
    would this work with sims 2 to keep that lame securerom off my crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    And when it in fact turns out to be a laggy cash grab pile of crap?
    I certainly hope that it won't. Plus, I can't really judge a product for what it could potentially become based on the delusion of some bitter forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    would this work with sims 2 to keep that lame securerom off my crap?
    Honestly I have no idea. For Sims 3 I just ran with Origin uninstalled and manually applied updates.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Honestly I have no idea. For Sims 3 I just ran with Origin uninstalled and manually applied updates.
    well i got time tonight im gona mess around and see what I can do to play sims 2 without that bs drm without piracy

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I certainly hope that it won't. Plus, I can't really judge a product for what it could potentially become based on the delusion of some bitter forum poster
    I hope you enjoy the taste of Buyer's Remorse because you've just pre ordered a nice cup of it.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    I hope you enjoy the taste of Buyer's Remorse because you've just pre ordered a nice cup of it.
    I guess that goes for everyone that ordered it. It is not appreciated.

Hehe
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love Sims 4 to be an awesome continuation of a game series I love but so far nothing I have seen has pointed towards that :/ That's why I'll be waiting for the future complete (or nearly complete) edition.

The sims 3 base game was completely lag free with short loading screens too. Once you had a couple of expansions piled on top of each other shit started hitting the fan.

I'm sure sims 4 base game will be lag free too, and I am sure that once you have a couple of expansion packs installed the old trusted stuttering will be right back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Well, that remains to be seen. There is no doubt that there is good in this game though. It's all a matter of if it balances the bad, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The sims 3 base game was completely lag free with short loading screens too. Once you had a couple of expansions piled on top of each other shit started hitting the fan.

I'm sure sims 4 base game will be lag free too, and I am sure that once you have a couple of expansion packs installed the old trusted stuttering will be right back.
    Given that the Sims 4 game engine is limited to five lots, I'm feeling confident that it will remain "lag" free.

-Kujako-

Given that the Sims 4 game engine is limited to five lots, I'm feeling confident that it will remain "lag" free.
    Also, a huge factor in the game lagging was Story Progression. It's not there anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Random Youtube Comment
    Yes im fucking serious. I got lucky because i didnt buy all those expansions- and now i have no reason to. Yet they added over 100 new things into the game(Some are just improved, but it still counts)- yet no one seems so notice those. Stop focusing on the things taken out (which by the way- can be added with patches and expansions but CAST.) have you even seen the survey they gave out on the expansions they might be doing for this?!?!? They look freaking amazing, so if you want to stay over there with your laggy, pudding faced, laggy CAST, and underpopulated glitchy crappy sims and lots and rabbitholes, and slow loading, go right ahead. I could care less about 6 second loading screens, and no screaming useless toddlers. Pools are not needed, i dont think i enjoy clicking swim here and thats it. Everything else (but CAST) can be put in the game. The sims 4 kicked the sims 3 out of the water- or psst, out of the pool so instead of trying to ruin everyone elses fun and enjoyment- go rant somewhere else, where people care. Happy Simming.
    I find this to be rather to the point :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this to be rather to the point :P
    The problem is, I don't think they can be added in expansions without a total overhaul of the game engine. I suspect there will NEVER be swimming pools or basements because the game engine forces everything onto a single infinite plane. For the same reason, there will never be terrain tools. To add toddlers will be a MASSIVE amount of work due to how the new 3D models and skeletons work (which is why there are only two heights for Sims. teenager and everyone else). Story mode will also never be added in, because the game engine doesn't support Sims not in the current neighborhood being processed.

There will never be garages, because all buildings on a lot must be on the same foundation height and there are no cars to put in them anyhow because there are only five lots.

and so on.

Have to take Sims 4 as it is. Comparing it to Sims 3 is the direction madness lies.

-Kujako-

I find it hard to believe that this will stand true, Kujako. Yes, it might be a lot of work, and except if they simply want to skip toddlers completely, we will certainly be seeing them in an expansion like Generations with all the toddler related stuff. Pools... I don't know, and I don't really care to be honest, but oh well.

I find it hard to believe that this will stand true, Kujako. Yes, it might be a lot of work, and except if they simply want to skip toddlers completely, we will certainly be seeing them in an expansion like Generations with all the toddler related stuff. Pools... I don't know, and I don't really care to be honest, but oh well.
    So you're willing to give EA money for cheating us out of content? And people wonder why EA is the way they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Justice View Post
    So you're willing to give EA money for cheating us out of content? And people wonder why EA is the way they are.
    What ultimately matters is enjoying the game. Could I refuse to pay for a project for reason A and reason B even though I really want it? Sure. Or I could buy it and enjoy it anyway.

The reason EA gets away with some shady stuff is because the core games are still good. No one would buy a terrible product.

Quote Originally Posted by aiko-chan View Post
    What ultimately matters is enjoying the game. Could I refuse to pay for a project for reason A and reason B even though I really want it? Sure. Or I could buy it and enjoy it anyway.

The reason EA gets away with some shady stuff is because the core games are still good. No one would buy a terrible product.
    I'd bet my kidney that 90% of Simcity buyers wouldn't have bought it if they knew how good the core game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    I'd bet my kidney that 90% of Simcity buyers wouldn't have bought it if they knew how good the core game is.
    Some of them wouldn't have, sure, but it's not like a lot of how Simcity works was hidden before launch. That goes for every game too, not just EA ones. But still, if you look at EA sales trends they don't exactly go down dramatically. So people are still buying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Well... I've seen the current state of Sims 4, and while it is far from good I've still purchased the game.

Honneywell did a good write up of the visible issues in the "lets play" live streams and to say the least, there are many problems. But it still looks fun to me...

-Kujako-