Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Onlookers steal groceries from dead womans car

In front of her wounded kids no less..

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...an-5531076.php

It is just "Allegedly" but there were eyewitnesses. The accident occured when the woman cut someone off, got clipped and hit a tree, she was dead at the scene and her kids were injured...instead of rushing to help, onlookers "Allegedly" ran up, stole her groceries, and left.

That is one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life, and the quote from a resident just makes it worse to me:

""There is a lot of people you just can't trust," Roberts said. "I've seen worse in this area.""

You've seen worse then stealing groceries from a recently dead in an accident mother, in front of her kids while they were injured? Wtf kind of neighborhood is that!
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey might as well have a bit of a bonus to the food stamps this month. The mother isn't going to need it... The kids? Nah, maybe they should stop mooching and hold a job for once. /badedgyjoke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    In front of her wounded kids no less..

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...an-5531076.php

It is just "Allegedly" but there were eyewitnesses. The accident occured when the woman cut someone off, got clipped and hit a tree, she was dead at the scene and her kids were injured...instead of rushing to help, onlookers "Allegedly" ran up, stole her groceries, and left.

That is one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life, and the quote from a resident just makes it worse to me:

""There is a lot of people you just can't trust," Roberts said. "I've seen worse in this area.""

You've seen worse then stealing groceries from a recently dead in an accident mother, in front of her kids while they were injured? Wtf kind of neighborhood is that!

Two young children are in the hospital and they've just lost their mother, and you and apparently the news are concerned with the some groceries that were stolen out of their car after the accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks that shes dead and they are in the hospital, but how can it not catch your eye to see that instead of rendering aid, the people decided to loot the car? You realize it is possible to care about more then one thing at once, right?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    It sucks that shes dead and they are in the hospital, but how can it not catch your eye to see that instead of rendering aid, the people decided to loot the car? You realize it is possible to care about more then one thing at once, right?
    Rendering aid, even if you are skilled to do so, but are not a medical person, is a great way to get your ass sued into oblivion.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Rendering aid, even if you are skilled to do so, but are not a medical person, is a great way to get your ass sued into oblivion.
    Which is one of the most infinitely saddest things i know of, in certain nations you're legally obligated to render immediate aid to those in scenarios similar to this (Stabbed, car accident, fell over with clear injuries or pain showing); And others have a strong sense societal aid, where suing on such a basis has never been heard of much less successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, how about instead of rendering aid, you call 911 and DONT STEAL FROM THE PERSON? lol.. good god.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are the groceries okay. Are there search teams on the look out?

She doesn't need them anymore, really there are worse things to get upset about.

2 kids lose their mother and the real tragedy here is that someone stole groceries? Am I reading this right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    2 kids lose their mother and the real tragedy here is that someone stole groceries? Am I reading this right?
    Kids loose their parents all the time but the groceries man irreplaceable!

Its more about the disrespect to the dead mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CP.74.htm

Good Samaritan law, protects people who offer assistance (even if they are untrained medical experts) in cases such as this.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all, no. Most of the article talks about the circumstances behind the crash. It just also highlights the selfishness of the disgusting people who looted a dead woman's car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ascii View Post
    Its more about the disrespect to the dead mother.
    I thought it was because of the hotpockets?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't loot the Mother's car. I'd probably brood over the death and move on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh for goodness' sake... You're doing this on purpose and you know it.

The point is that someone sees an accident and takes advantage of it rather then helping. Its insult to injury, and if you're too cynical to even see it then I have lost a bit more faith in humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't loot the Mother's car. I'd probably brood over the death and move on.
    No, you'd call an ambulence and render any aid if able. At best you'd stay out of the way. That's called 'being a good person'.

I'm shocked that people can't even understand that.

No, you dont read this right.

BTW in my country if you dont help people from car accident you can be sued for not helping them, US is a strange place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Two young children are in the hospital and they've just lost their mother, and you and apparently the news are concerned with the some groceries that were stolen out of their car after the accident?
    I think it points to how low these people are. To think, instead of running up to the car not check if anyone is ok or to assist but to steal. It is sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    She doesn't need them anymore, really there are worse things to get upset about.
    I think it's the fact that they looted the car while the kids were inside bleeding. That no one made an effort to help them, or their mother.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama