Question How to Download a Game that I got a Boxed Copy For?

Alright, I've decide, after a two year hiatus, to return to the well known Ruthless Galaxy RP club through Spore. I went scavenging through my library of boxed games, and found vanilla and GA (I bought C&C over Amazon). I installed Vanilla, then C&C, and was about to install GA, but...

I opened my GA case, and there's no disc.

I spent well over half-an-hour looking for it to no avail.

Is it possible that I could contact EA to allow them to give me a download for the game even if I don't have the disc? I downloaded Origin (reluctantly) just to try to find some sort of way to get a download. I have the key from the manual, just no disc.

There are plenty of ways to obtain ISO's from such games. Just don't apply the cracks
    (hope this is allowed).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-06-12 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gogle it. Simple as that. It may be illegal but, you already payed for a product and you have a code anyway. (in a case when download is not avaible officialy)

Oh and be sure to make a copy of it on your cd or hard disk with all patches.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Just gogle it. Simple as that. It may be illegal but, you already payed for a product and you have a code anyway. (in a case when download is not avaible officialy)

Oh and be sure to make a copy of it on your cd or hard disk with all patches.
    It's actually not illegal to back up a copy of a game you own (which is what downloading an ISO would be). That's one reason that emulators don't get targeted, unlike sites like The Pirate Bay which is relentlessly trying to be taken down. Most emulator sites will say somewhere that you should only download games you already own (tee hee).

So OP, download away. As long as you have the CD key in your case (if it requires one) you are perfectly within your rights.

I'm not 100% on this, since I believe it states that making a copy of a copyrighted product is also punishable, but I'm not an expert on law in general and Dutch laws have never been very... strict.. Even now with the outer appearance of illegality on downloading, enforcement currently only targets distributors.

So yeah, at least be careful when downloading, but I've always considered something I bought and later downloaded a legal download personally.

Deleted
    Diy you try to put in your code into origin?

Damn.

Alrighty, my code has already been used...

I did in fact use it, but the thing is, when Maxis transitioned the Spore accounts to EA, it created an entirely new EA account. Now I have two EA accounts. Problem is...it's been so long since I used the Spore account.

I don't know the credentials for it.

Lol, I'll just buy the expac again for 5 bucks off Amazon.

Solution, contact Origin and request they add it to your Origin account.

I successfully converted my Boxed copies of C&C3 (which I had lost the disc to), Kanes Wrath, and Red Alert 3 into Origin downloads by contacting their customer service.

They gladdly did this for me, provided that I gave them my original CD keys.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.