Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    I don't think Monaco are gonna sell him or anyone at all , unless they don't want them there.
    If the right price comes in, any player can be sold.

There comes a point where a club can get so much money for a player, the investment they can make from that makes the squad overall stronger.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

But Neymar has been Brasil's rising star for the last 3 years , he's played in the Copa Libertadores , he's been a Santos starter for a few years , he got a few bones built.
    95ish is still a lot , but you're buying the next CR7/Messi .
    And he has never been able to live up to all the hype. today again, a decent first half, nowhere to be found the second. Just because he has alot of hype and is a forward(of course hes good, not denying that) he's worth almost a 100 million euros? Shaw has had alot of hype in England aswell, he's seen as the future of the left back position, and he's played well this whole past season in the premier league, one of the strongest competitions in the world. Add to this NG's English pride adds 10 million, so he's worth 20 mil to Soton. Neymar failed to impress in la Liga, so how much is his experience in Brazil worth?

Why is someone like Neymar worth 100 million, while players like Lallana are worth a fourth of that? Is he 4 times better? Does he add 4 times more to their team? I don't think so. More interesting, why do you think 100 mil for Neymar is reasonable, why 25(or 15) for Lallana is absurd?
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If the right price comes in, any player can be sold.

There comes a point where a club can get so much money for a player, the investment they can make from that makes the squad overall stronger.
    Monaco's owner is Russia's richest person , they have money, a lot of it.
    Why would they want to sell a guy that is potentially one of the best midfielders in the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    And he has never been able to live up to all the hype. today again, a decent first half, nowhere to be found the second. Just because he has alot of hype and is a forward(of course hes good, not denying that) he's worth almost a 100 million euros? Shaw has had alot of hype in England aswell, he's seen as the future of the left back position, and he's played well this whole past season in the premier league, one of the strongest competitions in the world. Add to this NG's English pride adds 10 million, so he's worth 20 mil to Soton. Neymar failed to impress in la Liga, so how much is his experience in Brazil worth?

Why is someone like Neymar worth 100 million, while players like Lallana are worth a fourth of that? Is he 4 times better? Does he add 4 times more to their team? I don't think so. More interesting, why do you think 100 mil for Neymar is reasonable, why 25(or 15) for Lallana is absurd?
    Lallana is 26 and has just turned up , i'd never heard of him before this transfer season.
    Neymar is paying off now and he's one of the best players in the world now , not some "future of x position" or "a good prospect" , you just don't spend £30m for a prospect.
    Also , i haven't said 100m is reasonable.
    i think the official 56m price is reasonable , even 60 would have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because with FFP you can't keep throwing cash into a club anymore to buy players, you can only spend what the club generates.

If they get an offer for 80 million+ I don't see them saying no.

Deleted
    for 80+ then yeah , but i don't think anyone would offer 80m , 60m at best , and i'd say no for 60m , the guy is 23 , he could be at the top for the next 7 years or more.

I've seen Neymar play about 12 or so times this season in the league, and 3 times in the WC. I don't think he's "there". Not yet. He is market value in brazil, one of the biggest upcomming economies. He has so much hype the pressure on him works like a burden. Let's see if he can deal with that first, cause so far he has failed to impress in Europe.

I guess we'll have to see with Shaw, yes, but paying say 25 for Shaw(Or say 15 for Blind) , in comparison to 100 mil for Neymar seems reasonable. a 19 year old, weekly playing well in England, call ups for the national team. Who is the last prospect who couldn't handle that pressure?(Johnson iirc?)

FFP is the first step to getting Dutch clubs into Europe again. Too bad they're far too late with this first step.

Deleted
    This guy has some unnatural quickness of thought , i've seen only a handful of players who have that much football instics and are THIS quick with their brain , 99% of football players would have scored neither of those goals.

Oh I laughed far too much at this.
    And to finish this off, it should at least mean you can flog Cleverly for 10mil right?

10+ Year Old Account
    The hardest job Ed Woodward has this summer isn't bringing the big names to United.

It's selling Cleverley and Ashley Young.

The hardest job Ed Woodward has this summer isn't bringing the big names to United.

He's managed to get rid of Anderson. I'll take Cleverly and Young any day instead of that guyLafferty. If the stories are true he must be Berlusconi's son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    He's managed to get rid of Anderson. I'll take Cleverly and Young any day instead of that guyLafferty. If the stories are true he must be Berlusconi's son.
    If he was Berlusconi's son , he would've called Zamparini a communist.

If all else fails, pay them the severance deal to cancel their contracts and make them free agents.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to several Portuguese newspapers and online websites, FC Porto has reached an agreement with both Bruno Martins Indi and Feyenoord for a transfer around 8,5 million €.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    According to several Portuguese newspapers and online websites, FC Porto has reached an agreement with both Bruno Martins Indi and Feyenoord for a transfer around 8,5 million €.
    Good for him, Already speaks portuguese.
    Last season wasn't his best at Feyenoord.

Deleted
    inb4 he gets sold for 50m in 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 he gets sold for 50m in 2 years.
    Probably. Its exactly what will happen to Mangala this summer.

Deleted
    Probably. Its exactly what will happen to Mangala this summer.
    I'm still wondering how you guys pull this stuff out of nowhere , buy for 1 sell for 50 , buy James Rodriguez for 3 and sell for 45 .
    Just how.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still wondering how you guys pull this stuff out of nowhere , buy for 1 sell for 50 , buy James Rodriguez for 3 and sell for 45 .
    Just how.
    Not sure myself tbh xD, badass negotial skills? We have very good scouts , and alot of these players also view FC Porto as a good stepping platform to eventually go to even bigger clubs. So we can buy them for a relatively cheap price and then they can evolve and show themselves in Champions League and the Portuguese League which in turn attracts even bigger clubs that want a good player NOW and not in 2 or 3 years.
    We've sold so many players that ended up being huge in their next clubs , so we also got some fame on that part.

Deleted
    Not sure myself tbh xD, badass negotial skills? We have very good scouts , and alot of these players also view FC Porto as a good stepping platform to eventually go to even bigger clubs. So we can buy them for a relatively cheap price and then they can evolve and show themselves in Champions League and the Portuguese League which in turn attracts even bigger clubs that want a good player NOW and not in 2 or 3 years.
    We've sold so many players that ended up being huge in their next clubs , so we also got some fame on that part.
    But don't you hate that?
    I mean , i guess you've come to accept it by now , and i also guess that the mentality is different , but don't you sort of dislike being "The Big Boys's Supermarket"?

10+ Year Old Account
    But don't you hate that?
    I mean , i guess you've come to accept it by now , and i also guess that the mentality is different , but don't you sort of dislike being "The Big Boys's Supermarket"?
    Yeah, i hate it. I still wish we had every single amazing player we've sold in the squad. But its just the way it is, we can't stop players wanting to move to clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc, especially not the ones that get crazy when they offer the money we can't afford to pay.