Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Did arsenal end up buying Rabiot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Arsene Wenger is currently undergoing a medical at Arsenal after agreeing to pay £16 million for Man United's Danny Welbeck.
    I like Palace, they sold us my boyhood hero - the legendary Kenny Sansom - but one more Wenger quip out of you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Where's your bloody striker?

All I see is Sanogo and Welbeck.
    All I see is Sanogo and Sanogo 2.0. Wheres our world class striker and central holding mid? Kung fu Flamini and Turtleta it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Negredo goes to Valencia.
    good deal for Valencia

him and Alcacer can make a good partnership

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Where's your bloody striker?

All I see is Sanogo and Welbeck.
    We have Sanchez, Walcott (soon), Campbell and Podolski.

I actually like Sanogo, he reminds me of Kanu and Paulo Wanchope - you never quite know what he is going to do, mainly because he has no control over his legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, post window interview with 'Arry, and it's inside in a building. Doesn't look right without a car door.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    God I hate Arsenal fans, so much Welbeck hate before he's even been given a proper chance. He's a damn good player, and I can't wait to see the Arsenal fans proving themselves fickle morons YET AGAIN when they decide that actually he's doing pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    In most clubs these days, the manager's input on the deal is no more than saying what position they need covering, then "Do you want this guy, Yes/No?" If they're lucky they might even get a list of options of who's available. Details like fees and contracts are handled by others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ugh, post window interview with 'Arry, and it's inside in a building. Doesn't look right without a car door.
    We had Mark Hughes in his car earlier, looks like he's taking on that mantle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    God I hate Arsenal fans, so much Welbeck hate before he's even been given a proper chance. He's a damn good player, and I can't wait to see the Arsenal fans proving themselves fickle morons YET AGAIN when they decide that actually he's doing pretty well.
    He's no better than what we have, and we had more pressing needs than another striker.

10+ Year Old Account
    This time last year, I was staying awake for over an hour after the transfer deadline, wondering if Fellaini was done, wondering if Coentrao was coming in on loan or not, and wondering what the hell happened with the Herrera deal.

I honestly thought that wouldn't happen again... goddamnit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    He's no better than what we have, and we had more pressing needs than another striker.
    I disagree, actually. You don't actually need another centre back; counting Chambers, you have three very good ones. No-one would ever say Arsenal need more midfielders. What you do need, and have needed for a while, is someone up front who can actually offer a threat. Giroud sure as hell doesn't, about 90% of the goals he scores are tap-ins. Sanogo likewise; and Arsene doesn't seem keen on playing Sanchez there yet, for whatever reason.

I don't know if you have actually seen Welbeck play in United games or whether you just watch highlights, but he is one of the fastest AND strongest strikers in the league and always causes defenders problems even if he doesn't score wonder goals.

A striker like him is by far the best signing you could have hoped for on deadline day.

if he's not good enough for man utd (and he wasn't), he's not good enough for arsenal i guess. that price was also way too high for someone like him

Deleted
    Giroud sure as hell doesn't, about 90% of the goals he scores are tap-ins. .
    100% of the goals that Inzaghi scored were either defensive fuckups , counter-attacks or tap-ins.
    Worst striker ever.
    Last edited by mmoc69b3dc411c; 2014-09-01 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, actually. You don't actually need another centre back; counting Chambers, you have three very good ones. No-one would ever say Arsenal need more midfielders. What you do need, and have needed for a while, is someone up front who can actually offer a threat. Giroud sure as hell doesn't, about 90% of the goals he scores are tap-ins. Sanogo likewise; and Arsene doesn't seem keen on playing Sanchez there yet, for whatever reason.

I don't know if you have actually seen Welbeck play in United games or whether you just watch highlights, but he is one of the fastest AND strongest strikers in the league and always causes defenders problems even if he doesn't score wonder goals.

A striker like him is by far the best signing you could have hoped for on deadline day.
    I've watched him play against Arsenal and for England, and not been impressed. Sanogo and Giroud cause defenders problems, so now we have another person that does it...whoopdeedoo. Giroud doesn't score the tap ins, that's kind of his problem, his build up and hold up play are excellent, but he's not clinical.

We have six defenders to cover four positions, and one of those defenders has a poor injury record, we need another defender - our fourth choice centreback is our second choice left back, and our third choice centreback is our second choice right back.

We could do with a defensive midfielder. I like Arteta, but he gets bullied by powerful centre mids, and I like Flamini, but he's a bit nuts, so we need that physical presence. I'd like to see a Diaby/Ramsey midfield, as both can defend, and both can attack, but Diaby is Diaby and can't be relied on yet (one day hopefully, but not yet).

- - - Updated - - -

Alan Smith (ex-Arsenal, not Leeds) is saying Falcao may have failed his medical.

Deleted
    Hull got Ben Arfa? Thought Southampton fans would like him. He'd break the revolving door they have by getting stuck in it. The fat bastard, hull must have some r8 halftime snacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    United's made a statement on SSN, Falcao has not failed his medical. Paperwork going through.

Edit: Just realised we're even doing our transfer deals in Fergie time!
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2014-09-01 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with these medicals. You see someone fail at medical at one club to go pass a medical at another club a day later >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    What's the deal with these medicals. You see someone fail at medical at one club to go pass a medical at another club a day later >.<
    Different clubs have different standards, or they think they can take more of a gamble.

10+ Year Old Account
    When's this thread being closed?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    if he's not good enough for man utd (and he wasn't), he's not good enough for arsenal i guess. that price was also way too high for someone like him
    Actually, he was good enough for Man Utd. Fergie rated him extremely highly, and the only reason Moyes didn't play him more often was because Mata was a £37m signing, Rooney was on £300k a week and RVP was the striker who had bagged 30 goals the season before. Are any of them droppable? Hell no.

It's not that he wasn't good enough, it's that there is absolutely no room for him in this setup with players who you can't drop or else risk universal disapproval when it goes wrong.