Holy shit, really?

This ride never ends!

Get the hot dogs, kids, time to roast away over top of the dumpster fire that will be this game! Now they get to face the firing squad of uncontrolled public reviews. Bets on how long it'll take before it's 75% off?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    I was just browsing Steam and I had to do a double take... This absolute shit show has been released as of today!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...cension_Exile/

Anyone going to get it? Hahaha.

Edited - read the reviews. Omg, definitely left by the "devs". Have a read and a laugh.
    Fucking hell....

Trying to charge £20 for this game.

Yeah good luck with that after all the shady/scammy crap you pulled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Get the hot dogs, kids, time to roast away over top of the dumpster fire that will be this game! Now they get to face the firing squad of uncontrolled public reviews. Bets on how long it'll take before it's 75% off?
    It has already begun and I am loving it!

I am doing my best to warn off potential suckers by commenting on all the reviews and linking them to this mega thread. Already had some comeback from it. Good times.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It has already begun and I am loving it!
    Quote from one of the not-dev reviews: "If it takes me 30 minutes of searching to find a simple rock to make the first tool only for it to fail 3 times in a row, and then I clip out and die then I die of dehydration because I do not have the option to drink fresh water and fruit does not give thirst back. No thanks, this game should still be in Alpha it is not ready for Beta or early release."

What the Fuck?! It's actually... Wooooow. Man this brings me back. Guess I know what thread i'mma reread.

Quote from one of the not-dev reviews: "If it takes me 30 minutes of searching to find a simple rock to make the first tool only for it to fail 3 times in a row, and then I clip out and die then I die of dehydration because I do not have the option to drink fresh water and fruit does not give thirst back. No thanks, this game should still be in Alpha it is not ready for Beta or early release."

Read the comments on the reviews too. One of the totally not-dev reviews has some comments where someone is already complaining about trolls and haters.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    I was just browsing Steam and I had to do a double take... This absolute shit show has been released as of today!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...cension_Exile/

Anyone going to get it? Hahaha.

Edited - read the reviews. Omg, definitely left by the "devs". Have a read and a laugh.
    Haha no fucking way, they actually put something on steam?? I have to see this.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know I could want something this much. I just have a stupid grin on my face as I'm reading these posts and checking what people are already saying on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Dear god, I had forgotten all about this. How is this still going on? Just how many different versions of this mess has he thrown around? Ugh.
    I saw your name in some of the earlier comments.

also remember this from page 26?
    Quote Originally Posted by legdIm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    This very may be the best thread on MMO Champion. Thanks Cherubims and your very many past accounts for posting here.
    How many times do I have to point out that this is my first account? Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    My personal favorite by far was the professional answer given to a community member by the led-developer, after being asked about how the donated money was being distributed:

That was the most real answer they ever provided on their forums as to what they were doing. It still amazes me that we got to watch them in real time lie straight up about their abilities, adjust what they said and did based on this thread and how they tried to cover it all up after the fact.

I love how they refused to back down on their dream of a mmo based on THEIR ideas and instead made a sandbox PoS that they are putting out. Way to compromise guys.

lol already in the reviews they've got the same asskissers who blindly worship it like it's more important than fresh air, like it's a god and can do no wrong, but if you don't have those losers/the same dev constantly making accounts to post good reviews and replies no-one will.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I love how they refused to back down on their dream of a mmo based on THEIR ideas and instead made a sandbox PoS that they are putting out. Way to compromise guys.
    That's been their stated plan for a while, make this sandbox HYO game and use the profits from it to build up to a full-on MMO. Yeah, welcome to reality. It's gonna be fun watching how big that plan flops.

Deleted
    I see Bowen made a positive review on Steam.

I still read their newsletters every so often. A proper competent team would've pumped out way more content already. They barely added anything at all.

Although I have to be honest, it actually is a game now. Probably not a very good one, but they did finally make something.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Although I have to be honest, it actually is a game now. Probably not a very good one, but they did finally make something.
    Yeah it is more than I ever thought they'd put out. It isn't an MMO...not even close, but it is...something.

The folks in the reviews saying that this is only three years of development are amusing. I have seen people slap stuff better than this together in Unity in less than a month. Mind, they actually knew what they were doing but these guys have been at it for a decade so you'd think they would have picked up something.

Considering none of them have gotten paid (AFAIK anyways) they managed to produce more on their budget than I expected. But as I've said several times, it's just going to get ripped apart by Steam community, where it even manages to garner attention at all. And the more time draws by, the more dated and feeble it'll appear in the face of far more polished games of its same genre. Nothing is going to really make them stop, but how long they'll continue to trudge along now past 'release', I have my doubts as to its longevity.

Considering none of them have gotten paid (AFAIK anyways) they managed to produce more on their budget than I expected. But as I've said several times, it's just going to get ripped apart by Steam community, where it even manages to garner attention at all. And the more time draws by, the more dated and feeble it'll appear in the face of far more polished games of its same genre. Nothing is going to really make them stop, but how long they'll continue to trudge along now past 'release', I have my doubts as to its longevity.
    Hell it is sad they might even make a little bit of money. They don't deserve a dime after 2 kickstarter attempts and then fleecing people with that stupid 'donation' shop.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't understand? That post is knocking the game not saying anything good. Why would that be a dev or "not dev"?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I don't understand? That post is knocking the game not saying anything good. Why would that be a dev or "not dev"?
    He's insinuating that other reviews are probably devs.