I'm guessing he and his friends are busy working on the bomb that will annihilate the KS-campaign. He has not been logged in here since the 17th.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the kickstarter is up

will just have to see what happens
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Holy shit this looks bad
    What I think they learned from the first Kickstarter:
    Make the video have SPECIAL EFFECTS while still not sharing much information on how they plan to make this game.
    Have a much longer and slightly detailed, long-winded approach to the features/races in this game.
    Have a very simple pledge funding tier on how to get many people interested without trying to have some super rewards that are just silly...(oops they failed here)
    Show Brax coding...I guess typing a couple letters counts!
    Have Brax give off this cool sounding echo thing at the start of the video...yer help...yer help...yer help...
    Show off a crafting system that only works for one of the three races.
    Show off a spell....lol..
    Quickly gloss over how bad the combat looks.
    Make sure to have Forged Chaos presents: then have the next screen showing some wood chopping.
    Spend more time making the logo for the company than they did hiring people to make the game using Unity.
    Make sure to put the RPG back into MMORPG. Nailed it.
    Highlight the no repeatable combat...just make sure to chop random tree 5024 each minute of each day.
    Make sure to point out the faked number of page views on random websites and youtube videoes, because page refreshing is not a thing!

- - - Updated - - -

You know I wonder how much they paid for that video. Some video production places can charge quite the fee to edit and put something together. Considering what they had to work with as far as 'game footage' went I'm sure they cashed in quite nicely. Maybe the only person/group involved with this project to get paid a fair wage out of that 67k in donations.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2015-02-20 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What I think they learned from the first Kickstarter:
    Make the video have SPECIAL EFFECTS while still not sharing much information on how they plan to make this game.
    Have a much longer and slightly detailed, long-winded approach to the features/races in this game.
    Have a very simple pledge funding tier on how to get many people interested without trying to have some super rewards that are just silly...(oops they failed here)
    Show Brax coding...I guess typing a couple letters counts!
    Have Brax give off this cool sounding echo thing at the start of the video...yer help...yer help...yer help...
    Show off a crafting system that only works for one of the three races.
    Show off a spell....lol..
    Quickly gloss over how bad the combat looks.
    Make sure to have Forged Chaos presents: then have the next screen showing some wood chopping.
    Spend more time making the logo for the company than they did hiring people to make the game using Unity.
    Make sure to put the RPG back into MMORPG. Nailed it.
    Highlight the no repeatable combat...just make sure to chop random tree 5024 each minute of each day.
    Make sure to point out the faked number of page views on random websites and youtube videoes, because page refreshing is not a thing!

- - - Updated - - -

You know I wonder how much they paid for that video. Some video production places can charge quite the fee to edit and put something together. Considering what they had to work with as far as 'game footage' went I'm sure they cashed in quite nicely. Maybe the only person/group involved with this project to get paid a fair wage.
    Eh even i can make this in 10 years of time they were slacking. Even less. You can make 98% of that in sony vegas.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Everytime I look at this one dragon artwork I see Deathwing... *lol*

HOLY SHIT... are they SERIOUSLY asking for 600k for that 6 min video, of 5 mins they're talking.

That is a huge ask, considering all they have is a lot of talk and hopes, very little seems to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    HOLY SHIT... are they SERIOUSLY asking for 600k for that 6 min video, of 5 mins they're talking.

That is a huge ask, considering all they have is a lot of talk and hopes, very little seems to be done.
    Welcome to ToA where very little EVER seems to be done.

Deleted
    I still laugh at the coding part and then seeing Dragon Age in the dvd drive. Makes me think that dragon at the end is from said game. I don't believe they modelled and animated the dragon themselves, not to forget the mountaintop.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they've started another kickstarter?

I may be wrong, but haven't they already done this multiple times? What happens to the money pledged if they don't meet their target?

What idiots pledge money to a game that looks like it's from the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I still laugh at the coding part and then seeing Dragon Age in the dvd drive. Makes me think that dragon at the end is from said game. I don't believe they modelled and animated the dragon themselves, not to forget the mountaintop.
    Yeah I don't know what that dragon at the end is from but it sure as hell isn't the same shit as the game itself. Also to see that Dragon Age is in the dvd drive is just offensive because that game is good and actually a game.

They did try to present the kick starter as best they could. You then look at their Progress and it becomes apparent that its mostly just fluff. They aim to have a release in 2017 when they have not even fleshed anything out yet. Its crazy! I need to watch the video though only read the entire KS and seen all the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

I may be wrong, but haven't they already done this multiple times? What happens to the money pledged if they don't meet their target?

This is the 2nd Kickstarter, and like the 4th attempt at getting money from people? Once from the Shadowpool days in 2002? Once from the failed Kickstarter a couple years ago, once from fan 'donations' in the past couple years and now a 2nd Kickstarter.

And graphics aren't everything it is just that this looks like a BAD designed game from the 90s with horrible planning/ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    They did try to present the kick starter as best they could. You then look at their Progress and it becomes apparent that its mostly just fluff. They aim to have a release in 2017 when they have not even fleshed anything out yet. Its crazy! I need to watch the video though only read the entire KS and seen all the pictures.
    Haha watch the video, quite an entertaining 6 minutes. But yeah most everything involved with this project is fluff. They spent more time raising money and bullshitting than they ever did trying to code/make a legit game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

On Kickstarter, money is only being charged after the campaign is over AND it is successful in meeting their goal.

I am half-surprised they haven't tried to flood the pledge page with as much money as they can put on their credit card limits to make it look like there is some intense interest in this idea. But since the end goal is 600k they are fucking doomed to not even get close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    This is the 2nd Kickstarter, and like the 4th attempt at getting money from people? Once from the Shadowpool days in 2002? Once from the failed Kickstarter a couple years ago, once from fan 'donations' in the past couple years and now a 2nd Kickstarter.

And graphics aren't everything it is just that this looks like a BAD designed game from the 90s with horrible planning/ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha watch the video, quite an entertaining 6 minutes. But yeah most everything involved with this project is fluff. They spent more time raising money and bullshitting than they ever did trying to code/make a legit game.
    I shall indeed when I am on lunch. I need a good 6 mins to have a chuckle.

Guys, don't forget the cutting edge innovations! Like their naming system, where you have to name every single person you bump into, since there are no initial nameplates. This is hands-down THE most retarded shit I've ever heard of, who the fuck came up with this stupid idea. Here, let me give you an example:

Kyanion walks around in the woods, when he suddenly bumps into a crowd of people, he have met several of them before so he greets them with "Hey guys", and is met with;

-Hey Rambo
    -Hey Laquisha
    -Hey Legolas
    -Hey Icynips

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post
    Guys, don't forget the cutting edge innovations! Like their naming system, where you have to name every single person you bump into, since there are no initial nameplates. This is hands-down THE most retarded shit I've ever heard of, who the fuck came up with this stupid idea. Here, let me give you an example:

Kyanion walks around in the woods, when he suddenly bumps into a crowd of people, he have met several of them before so he greets them with "Hey guys", and is met with;

-Hey Rambo
    -Hey Laquisha
    -Hey Legolas
    -Hey Icynips
    Hey now, assuming I have met these people before then I would say "Hey Fucktard, Hey Brax, Hey TrainsPeople, and Hi BedWetter"
    You mean you don't LIKE the LESS IS MORE approach? I mean let's break this shit down shall we?

NO Mini-Map: Because fuck it, getting lost is tons of fun. Why spend tons of time exploring, when you can spend tons of time fucking lost.

No Repetitive, mundane, lifeless quests: So chop your trees bitch and stfu. I love the example though of what non-lifeless quests are: An example of this would be a friend asking for your aid in curing wounded soldiers or helping him fight off invading orcs. So cure X wounded soldiers and fight off X invading orcs? How many orc attacks have happened in the past 2 weeks man? Fuck man I don't know, shit always happens on wednesdays.

NO floating names/enemy information: Yeah because it falls over randomly isn't very compelling if the models CAN'T FUCKING SHOW DAMAGE THEY HAVE TAKEN BY BEING DYNAMIC AND SHOWING WOUNDS. Oh excuse me, that was my inner rager. But how fucking stupid is that? You have no idea to know if you are doing anything because the model won't change, so guess what lifebars represented? Idiots.

NO fast travel: Hey at least horses are a stretch goal if they raise 700k. You know what sucked in Everquest? Running through gigantic fucking zones over and over again. You know what helped mitigate that? Classes who could help you transport to set spots in each map.

NO global chat: Make sure to join the ToA ventrillo,teampeak,mumble,raidcall offical servers. Only $2.99 per month. But do you know how horrible no global chat would be? You'd have to use 'out of character knowledge' all the time to meet up with friends, organize any fucking thing. Total immersion in that RPG back in MMORPG theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptables View Post

-Hey Rambo
    -Hey Laquisha
    -Hey Legolas
    -Hey Icynips
    Indeed it is just dumb. Having player names presented to you automatically is a MUST in an MMO. Who in their right mind would take time out to ask each persons name and put it down correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Indeed it is just dumb. Having player names presented to you automatically is a MUST in an MMO. Who in their right mind would take time out to ask each persons name and put it down correctly?
    Well considering the community of that game is less than 3,000 people on the forums and prolly less than 400 real people. Those kind of people.