Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yay! Thank you for the win Listo!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Oh I see, they left me alive to put suspicion on me. Really not a good plan when my guilty came up mafia.
    Well, to be fair, half the people alive wanted you dead no matter what. The only reason you didn't get lynched the first two days after you claimed was because of time zones. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    And can I just say thank you to Hokie for actually using the avatar!
    Only other people that used avatars I gave them were Kel and Listo (I'm not sure if Listo used it or made his own similar, though his current is different anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Well, to be fair, half the people alive wanted you dead no matter what. The only reason you didn't get lynched the first two days after you claimed was because of time zones. xD
    Go time zones!

- - - Updated - - -

But yea, I guess knowing I was not a survivor, if I'd outed pistol and Hokie as soon as I had them both town probably would have won because Lora and DJ kind of threw them selves out for everyone once hokie and pistol were out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also both DJ and Strikered are referring to me as She in these QT threads and no one is correcting them!

Also both DJ and Strikered are referring to me as She in these QT threads and no one is correcting them!
    Eh you don't normally complain about it like Lora does...it's more fun this way.

*whistles*
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    And can I just say thank you to Hokie for actually using the avatar!
    Only other people that used avatars I gave them were Kel and Listo (I'm not sure if Listo used it or made his own similar, though his current is different anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Go time zones!

- - - Updated - - -

But yea, I guess knowing I was not a survivor, if I'd outed pistol and Hokie as soon as I had them both town probably would have won because Lora and DJ kind of threw them selves out for everyone once hokie and pistol were out.

- - - Updated - - -

The one I had before this I found online and only just made it 100x100.

Also no problem Pistol!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Also no problem Pistol!
    You have no idea how hard it was for me not to call you out on the whole "But my role has nothing to do with water", considering all the puns you threw at us D1. Sadly, it would've been kinda counterproductive to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to update the loss in the spreadsheet.

*grumble grumble*

:P

Bah.

That's all I can say, bah!

I didn't try to kill anyone until... hmm. I think my first kill attempt was on Pistol, after Anakso made his claim. TBH I was hoping to be able to pull off the solo win but I knew I couldn't have done that if I'd started killing early. So I kind of had the same plan as Listo, I just didn't execute in time.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

That was such an impossible game to win... Well I guess that was the whole point huh? No-one of the town members would've wanted to die since everyone is a survivor, which makes it a bit problematic for the town :b I was personally just trying to wait until the very end to either survive with the town or turn into a SK at the last moment.

What did determine that who would become the SK, by the way? I mean, in case there were multiple tries to become a SK?

Well... the game was pretty hard for everyone.

Town would be in a crappy spot if there were a lot of killers roaming about. Obviously there would be, your challenge was to change that mindset before it got too late. Build hope! You played it right, Waker. Now if everyone else did the same...

Mafia would be in an almost impossible spot if this happened. They couldn't really stop Anakso, no matter how hard they wanted, and even if Anakso died randomly, they had no real way to kill anyone. Despite being at LyLo, I considered the town to be better off at some point on day 6.

The serial killer had to deal with 7 investigations. Seven. That's seriously on the side of unfair.

There were a few townies who "cracked" the game very early. Lysah was the first one, but hardly the only one.
    Had you shared that theory, and discussed it, rather than blindly lynching anyone admitting to having a potential kill, I think the mafia would have lost very very early. You could have worked the game out fairly easy I think. Instead, every townie decided to play it by laying low. And that is ultimately why you lost.
    There is probably some aesopian lesson in there. Maybe.

And yeah, it really didn't help that you lynched your doctor on day 1. Don't do that!

--

We rolled at random.org who got to be the killer if more than one candidate appeared.
    The doctor would have removed candidates from being chosen by protecting their target.

Now here's a thought.
    What would have happened in this game had you done a MAJORITY no-lynch every day?
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

But lynching Doctors and Cops on D1 is what we do best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone was laying low because they had a survivor role tacked onto their rolecard. No one wanted to speak up in fear of being lynched/NK'd and losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Now here's a thought.
    What would have happened in this game had you done a MAJORITY no-lynch every day?
    The first person to pick serial killer and mafia would have won

Hokie: As a reply to you post 510 in the dead thread. Not really. At that point neither your nor Anakso's further post would really do much I think. At that point I think it was mostly down to looking back and trying to get into your mind from previous actions.

Well... the game was pretty hard for everyone.
    I think you said it yourself in the dead thread... it'll be hard for town to win if people give into Despair. If they don't it'll be hard for Mafia. They did and look what happened. Though you were right that Town wasn't that bad at certain times, even near LyLo. It really kinda came down to luck of the draw. Did the SK target a mafia before they became immune to his NK?

Besides lynching people who had a potential kill, I also believe that if people weren't so set AGAINST a mafia things could have turned out differently. If people had been less hung up on it then maybe more time would have been spent hunting mafia instead of SK. Sure the SK could have killed with (relative) impunity, but you guys had all figured out/assumed that so long as you kept MAJORITY lynching that you'd only have 1nk/night. Thats not bad for a mafia game and gives time to hunt or try to vote for no-lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    I think you said it yourself in the dead thread... it'll be hard for town to win if people give into Despair. If they don't it'll be hard for Mafia. They did and look what happened. Though you were right that Town wasn't that bad at certain times, even near LyLo. It really kinda came down to luck of the draw. Did the SK target a mafia before they became immune to his NK?
    Listo killed Lora the Mafioso on Night 6. That was his first kill, so it was allowed to kill a mafioso.
    No other kills were attempted on mafioso from serial killers.
    Listo almost hit DJNatsu on Night 7 (would have failed), but he changed his mind in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listo killed Lora the Mafioso on Night 6. That was his first kill, so it was allowed to kill a mafioso.
    Listo almost hit DJNatsu on Night 7 (would have failed), but he changed his mind in time.
    And by "in time" you mean within 5 minutes of trying for DJ.

Yea, I was meaning thats what the luck of the draw was with if town was in good position or not. Not necessarily did it really happen. Even towards the end town COULD have won, but there had to be several things going right as you posted in dead thread. Luck of draw. Who SK target and does it go through Etc.
    Last edited by Tomec; 2014-07-21 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    In case anyone is interested in how the game came to be, here is the mod thread

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/8CsZbQpHY9nLq

Planning for the game started last December

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Danner my next game in mod queue is 7 games from now so we got about half a year to plan the Zero Escape game