Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    all the videos ive watched have said that blood is just so boring and has become a waiting game. I never really like the changed from wrath to cata when the redid the rune regen rate. Id much rather hit alot more for less then every once in a while for alot
    I tried it, it was awful, diseases are ignored, you sit there and spam deathcoil. It's so dull. How they thought removing the 20% rune regen was a good idea, is beyond me
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-07-19 at 06:00 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I know this is a consolidated wish list pretty much, but they really need to address bloods down time....Just did basically 50% of an UBRS run before servers restarted and my god, I'm afraid to push things due to how long I'm waiting in between.

main blood tank since wotlk.. i realy dont like getting the "caster style " slaped into my face

i likes the melee style ... running around hitting stuff with my big 2h sword thats why i wanted to play DK
    i went on the beta server but to be honest after 5 min i went off the blood rotation felt slow / and i missed half of my spells ... guess ill wait for i dont even realy know what

Agree with OP. Hearstrike and runestrike are defining for a blood-dk.

If I had to cut some spells then it would be Icy Touch and Plague Strike. They feel redundant with outbreak at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    Agree with OP. Hearstrike and runestrike are defining for a blood-dk.

If I had to cut some spells then it would be Icy Touch and Plague Strike. They feel redundant with outbreak at our disposal.
    Runestrike is kind of eh....I do agree with heart strike though. It's only defining to blood due to the forced tank spec for blood and it becoming bloods RP dump. Otherwise it wouldn't be an "iconic" blood ability as every spec could use it and it would have different requirements. The main thing with heart strike removal is, blood only uses blood runes on blood boil...no longer being used on a strike until sub 35% is kind of stupid imo. I am not really liking blood at all on beta

10+ Year Old Account
    The spec.. Feels exactly the damn same. I generally dumped my BR on Blood Boil, since I tend to have high vengeance, there is no difference between DC/RS, except you can be silenced during DC, ect.

Well, it does feel quite a bit slower paced, but I reckon that'll change in like a tier once we get some MS up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

So overall they fucked up blood and didnt changed at all unholy and frost... i really hope they change something because im not feeling like rerolling something else.

Deleted
    Haven't played the beta, but I have to say I'm not excited about blood based on what I'm seeing.

What's the point in carrying around a massive smashy stick if you don't get to actually hit anything with it?

Excited about rune tap changes though, the short, on demand burst shield wall will reduce our spikeyness and is what we could've capitalised on this xpac. Would have made Ra-Den trivial when current. Ranged RP spender looking forward too however.

Blood worm removal seems lazy, wish they could've improved the design to work something like R druid's mushrooms, pop on demand, when needed.
    Last edited by Brototype; 2014-07-24 at 04:53 AM.

Deleted
    I've been playing Blood only a bit here and there, but i always thought that it had the right amount of buttons to press. Not too much, but you had some decisions to make. For example, when to use an attack that hits two targets and when it's feasible to hit all around you with your AoE. This seems to be an uninteresting choice for Blizz, so I wonder what kind of interesting choices there could be left. If the damage-dealing aspect is now supposed to be a somewhat automatic thing, maybe they intend to fill that gap with active mitigation abilities? I'm not sure if adding more rune regen is the solution to this problem, because the small toolkit of things to press still remains. You just spam them more often. I'll need to test it myself first, but i feel like they royally messed up many classes with this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been a blood dk tank from Wotlk till MoP.. I tested it in the beta.. and it just felt horrible and even more boring than it currently is. your rotation doesnt even feel fluid (lots of moments of downtime where I just AA) while in live I'm always able to cast something. the pestilence change just feels like shit, why the change? why not instead have it the other way and be called blood boil and have pestilence be a part of it (like it basically is on live with the talent) why remove heart strike? it was definitely a better single target ability. The horn of winter change for dks in general didnt help. already feels like im getting less RP then i cant even use that. unless we see some reverts im done with my beloved dk. all i feel like now is a blood mage with some armor.

I can deal with the rune strike removal, I preferred using death coil (and macroing rune strike to every ability) back in WOTLK.

Removing Heart Strike and using Pestilence in it's place is not something I can live with, Heartstrike was iconic for me for blood, unless they go back on that I won't be playing my DK in WoD as blood and probably not at all.

Like what is even the point of tanking with a 2h if the only melee ability you use is death strike.

After playing through the beta dungeons as Blood, I really think Blood is in a fine spot.

The Death Coil change is good, having a ranged attack is more valuable than needing to roleplay a sword swing.

I thought I would miss heart strike a lot, but I don't really - the rune tap change is huge, 2 charges of an IBF that lasts 3 seconds with a 40 second cooldown is amazing for predictable big hits and a worthy blood rune spender.

Having empty GCD's is the only problem I think we should really be hitting the dev's with - we used to have them rarely and would throw a horn of winter up for some RP generation when it did. With that gone, we need to have a new filler (unlikely they'll add anything) or we need to be tuned to rarely have empty GCD's. As long as that is a focus for the dev's during the tuning phase we should turn out great.

Saw this on FrontPage, something I also mentioned on this page.

"As a blood DK main, I need to ask, Why remove Heart Strike and Rune Strike, but keep Plague Strike and Icy touch?
    Because they were redundant gameplay (with Pestilence/BloodBoil and Death Coil), whereas PS/IT are not. (Celestalon)"

Personnaly I always hated Plague Strike and Icy Touch. Feels like wasting valuable runes on low damage spells. And with outbreak also at our disposal they became really redundant. Can't understand they remove hearstrike, but try to defend the use of Plague Strike and Icy Touch.

You neither remove corruption from locks, but let them keep fel flame. Its just .....no words
    Last edited by Mayden; 2014-07-24 at 06:47 PM.

Been playing a Blood DK since Wotlk and its the main reason I played WoW. Funnest Tank class by far. I played my friends Blood DK on WoD Beta and I just have no words with how broken and boring the class feels now. Really? A plate class with 2h weapons that never uses the weapon and just casts ranged shit? Blizzard has completely fucked my favorite class/spec. I am really glad at this point that I didnt preorder WoD as it really is looking worse and worse with every piece of information/ "balance" they introduce. The decisions Blizzard makes painfully show how little they understand their player base and their own game.

Just so pathetic what Blood has become and I am sure that there are other class/specs that now feel the same way about their class. But seriously Blizz? You turned a melee tanking class into a caster? Just.. ugh I cant even wrap my head around how stupid celestion and the other devs clearly are. Their heads are so far up their ass its just disgusting.

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the blood dk to be a walking spectre of death with a giant ass 2h again, not some sissy that casts death coil all the time.
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how an ability that shoots a shadowy green skull at people is a sissy spell, nor how rune strike is somehow incredibly important to blood DKs out there. It serves the same purpose as death coil and is less flashy. At some points in it's lifespan it was macroed to abilities because it was by and large the best RP spender.

I'd agree with you guys if somehow current blood DK plays a lot differently (as to what attacks we use) than WoD, but it doesn't. Heart strike is barely used as is and the only thing that changes what we feel like is the transition from spamming a completely invisible, non flashy rune strike for death coil. The physical feel of blood DK has for the last couple expansions almost exclusively been reliant solely on death strike, and death strike alone. Only in WoTLK was the spec almost entirely physical feeling because heart strike was a primary focus of the spec back then.

The logic does fall flat, both disease applicators are fairly lackluster buttons that are rarely used, much like heart strike. Although icy touch is a fun button to press when glyphed in certain scenarios, but almost exclusively PvP.

It feels the same and honestly, I feel like blood is incredibly strong on the beta at the moment. The rune tap changes are both good and bad depending on what encounter we are talking about. However, most DKs would kill for the incarnation of rune tap they have on the beta at the moment for current content. Had we had this version of rune tap we would have had such an easier time this expansion. Bosses like Ra-Den and Heroic Sha of Fear thrashes would have been so much more predictable. Oh well.

At this point my only complaints with the spec are the last tier and healing tier being devoid of any real choice, in most situations anyway. While I think the final tier can be sorted out virtue of number tuning, the healing tier is a complete mess. Conversion with the recent changes is completely useless again and death siphon needs to be scrapped. With them giving spec specific talents in tiers now when needed, I feel replacing death siphon with something blood specific would be good. Considering a lot of tiers consist of active, reactive or passive like qualities, a simple passive talent replacing death siphon would probably be ideal. Even something as simple as passive % leech would be more welcome than death siphon, and would actually feasibly be taken on encounters over death pact from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Been playing a Blood DK since Wotlk and its the main reason I played WoW. Funnest Tank class by far. I played my friends Blood DK on WoD Beta and I just have no words with how broken and boring the class feels now. Really? A plate class with 2h weapons that never uses the weapon and just casts ranged shit? Blizzard has completely fucked my favorite class/spec. I am really glad at this point that I didnt preorder WoD as it really is looking worse and worse with every piece of information/ "balance" they introduce. The decisions Blizzard makes painfully show how little they understand their player base and their own game.

Just so pathetic what Blood has become and I am sure that there are other class/specs that now feel the same way about their class. But seriously Blizz? You turned a melee tanking class into a caster? Just.. ugh I cant even wrap my head around how stupid celestion and the other devs clearly are. Their heads are so far up their ass its just disgusting.
    I think the change is great. Instead of seeing the same attack animation repeated over and over as all 3 main attacks used it we now have 3 variations in DC, BB, and DS. I know you guys are baby boomers from Wrath but Death Coil has been a DK spell since the first iterations in WC2 and it a lot more interesting than Rune Strike. DK's have always been the plate caster type and they actually feel like this on beta which is great as it makes them not just a Warrior tanking with a 2hander.

So Death Knights now have the following 'rotational' abilities

-Death Strike
    -Blood Boil
    -Death Coil
    -Soul Reaper

They won't add a new spell (or bring back Heartstrike) because that would go against the pruning.

What they need to do is something NEW with Soul Reaper, only for Blood, such as being able to use it no matter the target's hp.

Deleted
    its called beta for a reason.....stop naggin already and wait they'll change some more when WOD goes live