... LastLast
    Deleted

Ashran Class-specific Epics

So I found these; (source)

Book of Crow Form

Scroll of Touch of Death

Tome of Blink

Sigil of Necromancy

There are more of them but for now they seem to be only one per class.

We dont have that much info about these at the moment but that never stopped anyone from having a discussion!

Since we know these will only work in ashran on lvl 100 players i can imagine that the druid one is completely useless compared to the dk and mage one for instance.

How do you feel about these?
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-07-03 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem like fun. I'll definitely be enjoying them.

Here's the full list:

Death Knight: [Sigil of Necromancy]
    Druid: [Book of Crow Form]
    Hunter: [Guide: Disengage]
    Mage: [Tome of Blink]
    Monk: [Scroll of Touch of Death]
    Paladin: [The Jailor's Libram] (Jailor's Judgement)
    Priest: [Codex of Ascension] (Ascension)
    Rogue: [Pickpocketer's Handbook] (Ashran Artifact)
    Shaman: [Tablet of Ankh Mastery]
    Warlock: [Grimoire of Summoning Secrets]
    Warrior: [Manual of Spell Reflection]

Update 1: Added Paladin and Priest item effect links.
    Update 2: Added (Ashran Artifact) which Rogue's can pickpocket via [Pickpocketer's Handbook]
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-07-04 at 04:35 AM.

Deleted
    Seems fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post

Here's the full list:

Paladin: [The Jailor's Libram]
    Priest: [Codex of Ascension]
    Rogue: [Pickpocketer's Handbook]
    But what are these spells? Also the Druid one is very interesting because they won't let them fly in Ashran wont they? So maybe a completely new form!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post

Here's the full list:

Paladin: [The Jailor's Libram]
    Priest: [Codex of Ascension]
    Rogue: [Pickpocketer's Handbook]
    They seem really fun for pvp. Unless you play a druid in which case its completely useless for pvp purposes.
    Just take a look at the mage, warrior and hunter. Clearly stupid OP and druid gets a bird form Stupid design.
    I hope we are thinking about this the wrong way and there is alot of other info that we are missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    But what are these spells? Also the Druid one is very interesting because they won't let them fly in Ashran wont they? So maybe a completely new form!
    The only thing that would be useful if it could make druids fly to escape all the other classes and their new OP abilities thanks to these tomes

I'm sorry but the rogue one seems pretty depressing. I mean we have wanted to pick pocket for ages on players but isn't it lame that while the other ones are awesome, looking at the warlock one makes me sad face, while we get to steal stuff.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I'm sorry but the rogue one seems pretty depressing. I mean we have wanted to pick pocket for ages on players but isn't it lame that while the other ones are awesome, looking at the warlock one makes me sad face, while we get to steal stuff.
    Thats what i mean. This cant be the full picture. These items would make the pvp so insanely imbalanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps these are only temporary bonuses or something like that? Maybe you unlock them while your side is winning or after achieving some special objective and it's supposed to give you an unfair advantage, that's why some of them seem so powerful?

Though from the ridiculous variance in power between classes, I suspect there's either several per class, or these are a WIP and need to be balanced out anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Perhaps these are only temporary bonuses or something like that? Maybe you unlock them while your side is winning or after achieving some special objective and it's supposed to give you an unfair advantage, that's why some of them seem so powerful?

Though from the ridiculous variance in power between classes, I suspect there's either several per class, or these are a WIP and need to be balanced out anyways.
    This. I said the same earlier pretty much. This cant be all it is to it because that would be too stupid even for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    So I found these; (source)

Book of Crow Form

Scroll of Touch of Death

Tome of Blink

Sigil of Necromancy

There are more of them but for now they seem to be only one per class.

We dont have that much info about these at the moment but that never stopped anyone from having a discussion!

Since we know these will only work in ashran on lvl 100 players i can imagine that the druid one is completely useless compared to the dk and mage one for instance.

How do you feel about these?
    Love class specific items. Also I could be wrong, but the druid version, does that mean druids are able to fly in Ashran, as in.... the only class?

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Thats what i mean. This cant be the full picture. These items would make the pvp so insanely imbalanced.
    They will break pvp and some will be required for pve. I'm a bit sad that some don't really have an actual use
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Bu don't you get it? You will be literally stealing stuff - the other player will be losing his, err, whatever artifact fragments are. Here is a string from newest build.
    ASHRAN_PICK_POCKET - Your bags have been pickpocketed. You've lost 5 Artifact Fragments.
    Not like the usual pickpocket, or looting corpses on Alterac, where it's just you gaining things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Bu don't you get it? You will be literally stealing stuff - the other player will be losing his, err, whatever artifact fragments are. Here is a string from newest build.

Not like the usual pickpocket, or looting corpses on Alterac, where it's just you gaining things.
    Oh I agree completely that the dickery and fun of it but when you compare it to changing a 10 minute cool down to a 2 minute one or removing the cooldown to one of the bes escapes ever with a heal if talented it sort of makes it seem lack luster

Good find. Druid seems 'meh' unless it has a toolbar with extra spells or something.

Hunter, Warrior and Mage seem exceptionally strong (hunter especially). Any idea what the Priest and Paladin spells are?

Edit, found the spells:
    Paladin: [Jailor's Judgement] - "Teleports the enemy player to your faction's prison."
    Priest: [Ascension] - "Ascend into the air, keeping you out of harm's way. Lasts 10 sec."
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2014-07-03 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Good find. Druid seems 'meh' unless it has a toolbar with extra spells or something.

Hunter, Warrior and Mage seem exceptionally strong (hunter especially). Any idea what the Priest and Paladin spells are?

Edit, found the spells:
    Paladin: [Jailor's Judgement] - "Teleports the enemy player to your faction's prison."
    Priest: [Ascension] - "Ascend into the air, keeping you out of harm's way. Lasts 10 sec."
    Already updated the main post.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-07-03 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will break pvp and some will be required for pve. I'm a bit sad that some don't really have an actual use
    I very much doubt any of these spells will be useable outside of Ashran, if we even get to keep them at all.

If I had to guess, these will either be rare, but permanent (but only useable in Ashran), or we can use them until we leave Ashran, and then we have to obtain them again. But that's all it is, guesses. I still doubt they'll work outside Ashran, though.

Either way, it's different, and should make for a more fun PvP experience than the same old, same old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

That Warlock one is hot garbage and wouldn't even work with the talent that makes your DG or Infernal permanent.

I know they're meant to be fun and weird, but some of these seem really imbalanced.

Monk one is quite powerful, Hunter one is just insane, but I will say the Rogue one is quite nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    That Warlock one is hot garbage and wouldn't even work with the talent that makes your DG or Infernal permanent.
    Not necessarily garbage, it just means you can utilize your other two level 100 talents a lot better, while still benefiting from having an up time of 50% for your Doomguard or Infernal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I know they're meant to be fun and weird, but some of these seem really imbalanced.

Monk one is quite powerful, Hunter one is just insane, but I will say the Rogue one is quite nice.
    It'll add some flair to the stagnant PvP environment and I'm up for some fun. I was also quite sure that the last iteration of these abilities were items that dropped on death (explained why they were so powerful), but looking at the Tablet of Ankh Mastery, that seems like it's no longer the case unless I'm mistaken.

The only one I'm fairly unhappy with is the Pickpocketer's Handbook.

Anyway, if anybody finds any information about this topic I'll be happy to update my original post.

They did this before in Ahn'Qiraj to an extent, and it failed horribly. Hope it doesn't go live.
    RETH