Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I know plenty of people who smoke cannabis regularly, it makes them calm and generally disinterested, and if they're really baked, then a little delayed in their awareness. I would rather be around 100 people high on pot than 10 people drunk off their ass ANY DAY.
    Amen to that!
    My friend has very (very very very) bad anxiety/Asperger syndrome and she used to smoke every day just to be able to be calm when she went to school. Also, people always say that smoking makes you dumb but idk. My friend is a huge stoner but yet she has 4.0 GPA. Like WTF?? I want a 4.0

Wanna have the odd joint, fine. We all do it every now and then.

Don't become a pothead though. They are the most boring people in the world...as shown by that incredibly dull and pointless commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Doesn't have anything to do with how often you smoke it. Guess what the cool part about depersonalization is btw?

Ready?

It doesn't have any specific treatment that works, and it can stay chronic 24/7 for the rest of your life.
    Except the the link you provided specifically says there are treatments. Maybe not a cure, but there are treatments. Come back with something that actually specifically applies to smoking weed. Not something that can be triggered through things such as caffeine or alcohol.

Edit: Also anyone that actually is diagnosed with this problem wouldn't likely be continuing to smoke after, at least if they want their problem to not escalate.

Too bad the treatments don't actually work.

Lol. So people can't use anything as argument against the "pot is harmless"-crowd, since anything that pot causes can be caused by other things too? Get outta here.
    This is my last post for this topic as it's changed from the commercial to us just fighting over "is pot bad or not". No I'm not just throwing out your argument because it's against pot. I'm throwing it out because you're making it seem like anyone who actually smokes will have this problem. It's not something marijuana itself causes specifically. It's something that can become WORSE if you are using anything that was listed, and can become worse just from everyday life.

You are right, nobody probably has died straight up, just from smoking weed, but it can make you wish you did.
    The moment you reach such a level you just pass out and sleep it off.... and the probably was unnecessary. The death toll is zero

Also, regarding Depersonalization, I managed to smoke over 20 joints during one day once and didn't experience anything like that. I was at my absolute limit, very close to just falling asleep - but I didn't come close to anything even remotely related to a sensation like Salvia. Which I hate and will never try again btw.

But I guess different people react differently. Everyone should know his limits
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2014-07-15 at 08:08 PM.

I'm not making it seem like anyone who smokes will have this problems. I'm saying that smoking weed can fuck up you and your life beyond all repair if you get unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't have anything to do with the dosage. Try again.
    You are talking out your ass, sorry. Provide sources for this. THC does not fuck your life beyond repair after one time, no matter who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Glyce View Post
    Except the the link you provided specifically says there are treatments. Maybe not a cure, but there are treatments. Come back with something that actually specifically applies to smoking weed. Not something that can be triggered through things such as caffeine or alcohol.

Edit: Also anyone that actually is diagnosed with this problem wouldn't likely be continuing to smoke after, at least if they want their problem to not escalate.
    There is a weed specific psychosis but it is incredibly rare. Seems it only affects a handful of people who smoke a LOT! It does not go away when you sober up btw, can take months. All in all though, no where near as many problems as you can get from alcohol.

The main problem with legalizing pot is likely the moronic pot heads that are pushing for it. Most of them really are the poster boys of everything that is wrong with pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/

Knock yourself out. 95% of the people with depersonalization disorder I have ever met have had it triggered by smoking weed.
    Oh come on.

Deleted
    Aren't the legal strains high on CBD and low on THC? For those who don't know, CBD strains are mostly medical strains or ABV that don't produce the usual "high" effect.

I'm not making it seem like anyone who smokes will have this problems. I'm saying that smoking weed can fuck up you and your life beyond all repair if you get unlucky.
    This is true. But it applies to people who have or would develop a mental-related medical condition. Healthy adult is not rolling a dice of sanity as you are wrongly implying, and by vaporizing and moderation, one can eliminate all unwanted side effects of marijuana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Aren't the legal strains high on CBD and low on THC? For those who don't know, CBD strains are mostly medical strains or ABV that don't produce the usual "high" effect.
    AFAIK, at least Washington doesn't have any regulations regarding strength or canabinoid mix.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/

Knock yourself out. 95% of the people with depersonalization disorder I have ever met have had it triggered by smoking weed. The bolded part is bullshit btw, just wishful thinking by weed smokers, who rather keep themselves ignorant of the risk than face the hard truth that smoking weed is, in fact, not completely harmless.
    A forum. I ask you for a credible source, you link me a forum.... Throwing around with arbitrary percentages regarding some random people you claim to have met doesn't help you at all, either. If you wish to seek information, I am more than glad to provide it. Just ask me a concrete question and I will try to answer it as scientifically as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Silly ignorant straight edge person, smoking in public is illegal. So nothing to worry about there.

Are people doing it maybe, I do not live in a legal state, but they are not supposed to and maybe you should tell a cop.
    I don't live in a state where it's legal but people still do it.

If you guys want it in your state then tell your friends in Florida to vote for medicinal this November. If it passes in FL it will pass anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it because it is in 1440p.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Well, that was odd but entertaining.
    Yeah, weird as it is but still funny :P

Tell me what is your main argument first, so I don't get sidetracked.

"Cannabis cannot cause irreversible damage to someone's mental health", or something else?
    That's absolutely not what I said. Everything consumed in excess can cause health issues. Physical or mental both alike.

If you force me to put my argumentation into one sentence, it would go something like this:

Cannabis, as a recreational drug, has proven over the course of decades that even high dosages cannot be fatal. Through the help of information and drug related education we can and should guide people into a safe and responsible usage, if those people wish to do so. Regulations should apply only where necessary, such as the work place or general operation of vehicles and other instruments which might cause harm to other people.

OK, that was more than just one sentence... A small paragraph

"Information and education" is also including resolutions about mental illnesses and their interaction with cannabis. It is of utmost importance that this information is sought from comprehensive, peer reviewed scientific (medical) journals. Not biased anti-drug blogs, newspapers or biased health organizations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That's absolutely not what I said. Everything consumed in excess can cause health issues. Physical or mental both alike.
    There is a problem though; heavy cannabis smokers tend to have a "Our opinion is the right and there is no other" attitude towards the discussion - I've mostly stopped trying to have any reasonable conversation on the matter because they are about as flexible as Tumblr feminists when it comes to looking at things objectively.

Their dependence on the substance has effectively created a psychological need to defend it like they are on a holy crusade - what's ironic is that alcoholics display exactly the same behavioural pattern.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should have just been a 70 second clip of a basement scene from That 70's Show. I'll take it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

15+ Year Old Account
    That actually sucked. The end was sort of funny, but everything leading up to that was complete garbage. You're probably all just a bunch of pot heads so you think anything pot-related is just the best thing ever.