Deleted

Question Getting into Football (Soccer)

Hey there

I was thinking about getting into football. I can't lie, the World Cup sparked this interest, and I'm constantly surrounded by people who discuss or play football (live in Denmark).

I'm not a total stranger to football, I've been following it VERY casually, know the rules, played it myself when I was younger, but when it comes to club football now, I have no idea where to start! I hate the amount of commerciality surrounding teams like Barcelona and Madrid, I'm constanly reading fanboy posts about those two teams! I did some research on Bayern and their squad and overall rank lures me in.

Can someone give me some advice on Bayern? (pros/cons - pls keep it objective)? I have been googling info all day, but I would love some reliable sources on schedules, squad etc.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Watch alot of football (champions league / UEFA League / Serie A / Liga BBVA / Bundesliga) and pick a team based on ur interests and what appeals most to u.
    Dont blatantly choose a team because they are a top team.

Deleted
    Support your local team or the team of the closest town/city to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind is that you need to get used to goals being rare. What Germany did to Brazil, for example, was not something you will see often if at all in the world Cup.

I only say this because I know a lot of people who thought they could get into soccer after that match, but got bored to tears at the Final.

Deleted
    Don't just pick a team.
    Try to watch some matches of several teams. Sooner or later you will become attached to a team naturally. If you keep the interest of course.
    I enjoy national matches more than club matches tho.

Oh and im from Denmark too. I follow SønderjyskE. !

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Support your local team or the team of the closest town/city to you.
    Very much this even if it does mean quite a bit of disappointment, one day things might happen. I'm not that into football but have attended Cardiff matches over the last 25 years, too expensive for me to bother in the last couple of years though. It was amazing how many people I know suddenly stopped supporting English teams and supported Cardiff last season...don't think any of them do anymore. Glory fans suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Support your local team, watch the Premiership in the UK. Watching Bayern and Real and Barca and whatever are all well and good but La Liga and Bundesliga are a 2 horse race or maybe a couple more. Not so much in the UK, so whilst there are dominant teams the others put up one hell of a fight. Usually.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I'm not picking a team because they are number 1. I watched german club football back in 00's and really enjoyed it and a lot of their players I enjoy to watch! I'm not that naive, I don't expect many goals and I'm not that kind of person who dislikes football because of the lack of goals.

Btw the reason I don't support a local team, is that IMO danish football is very much tedious.. I've tried watching it and going to matches, but the underlining factor is, that it doesn't interest me (even the biggest teams).