Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warrior Lore Ravager Doesn't Seem Possible

Warriors are usually the stoic defenders and brutal attackers, relying on their strength and not relying on the light, magic, poison or pets. Ravager, although a cool idea, doesn't seem to fit. How are we able to make our weapon spin in place? Seems so out of place to me. Ignite weapon at least seems probable.

How would we be able to make our weapon spin in place? (I know its fiction, just humor me.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you mean, how are we able jump 30 yards without even running? or you mean how our shouting magically increases how much punching to the face our cloth wearing pal can deal with? Or do you mean how our stoming calls lightning from the sky? or do you mean how our weapon magically returns to our hand when thrown? Or do you mean how we can be disarmed, run 100 yards, and our weapoins magically reappear in our hands? Or do you mean how we can .. well... you know kill dragons with meter thick cales while only being able to hit their fucking feet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a RPer I liked to imagine my warrior being trained in small forms of magic to explain spells like thunderclap, bladestorm, shouts, fear etc.

Just think of it like we're something akin to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: We're so manly, we're able to break physics. Hell, our manliness is what allows us to break physics.

Also, beards.

You copied it from General Nazgrim!
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Do you know what I meant by its fiction, just humor me? Jumping far does not seem impossible, people yell and shout to excite others is not impossible, calling lightning from the sky is a glyph (stomping the ground to cause tremors and damage to enemies does not seem impossible), disarm would completely break the game if the character had to retrieve their weapon. However, a spinning weapon staying in place seems odd to me. I would rather have the weapon thrown and slam into the ground causing resonating damage to all those around it. That I can get on board with.

Perhaps I should have put this in the Lore section of the forums. Again, I know it is fiction, humor me. Or post and provide nothing to the topic.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Just think of it like we're something akin to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: We're so manly, we're able to break physics. Hell, our manliness is what allows us to break physics.

Also, beards.
    This is the obvious reasons. Warriors channel pure manliness into great feats and powers! Even the females.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post

Also, beards.
    I can imagine my dwarf warrior wringing the beer out of his beard onto his weapon and then setting it on fire. That is actually really awesome!!! I will need the drill mace from Blackfuse(?) to become as manly as Gurren Lagann.

Quote Originally Posted by JLKrombacher View Post
    Do you know what I meant by its fiction, just humor me? Jumping far does not seem impossible, people yell and shout to excite others is not impossible, calling lightning from the sky is a glyph (stomping the ground to cause tremors and damage to enemies does not seem impossible), disarm would completely break the game if the character had to retrieve their weapon. However, a spinning weapon staying in place seems odd to me. I would rather have the weapon thrown and slam into the ground causing resonating damage to all those around it. That I can get on board with.

Perhaps I should have put this in the Lore section of the forums. Again, I know it is fiction, humor me. Or post and provide nothing to the topic.
    For Heroic Leap, the max range is 40 yards - that's ~120 feet, 90 feet longer than the world record for the Olympic long jump event (29 feet, 4.5 inches). I agree with you on shouts, somewhat. Stomping the ground that hard to cause tremor damage to enemies would require you to be incredibly strong.

But a spinning weapon seems impossible...?

Face it, we're just too fucking manly for physics to work on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are such masters of weaponry that they know the exact physics required (or how to break those physics) to spin a blade and cause it to hover in place while still maintaining enough momentum to harm anything that attempts to pass through the weapon. Pair that with intense physical training that grants them the muscular development to put that knowledge into action.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2014-07-17 at 05:59 PM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I can imagine my dwarf warrior wringing the beer out of his beard onto his weapon and then setting it on fire. That is actually really awesome!!! I will need the drill mace from Blackfuse(?) to become as manly as Gurren Lagann.
    We're not there yet, but we should be soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    As a RPer I liked to imagine my warrior being trained in small forms of magic to explain spells like thunderclap, bladestorm, shouts, fear etc.
    Hmmm...I like to seperate myself from magic as a warrior. I feel that thunderclap is the hardest to explain. Bladestorm doesn't seem to impossible that you need magic to explain it.

Shouts and fears are easier to explain. As shouting is like cheering on your group and everyone becoming more motivated and fear is being so intimidating the opponent runs.

Just my thoughts. But I agree with magic having to be used to explain ravager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...I like to seperate myself from magic as a warrior. I feel that thunderclap is the hardest to explain. Bladestorm doesn't seem to impossible that you need magic to explain it.

Shouts and fears are easier to explain. As shouting is like cheering on your group and everyone becoming more motivated and fear is being so intimidating the opponent runs.

Just my thoughts. But I agree with magic having to be used to explain ravager.
    Lets not forget Avatar, Stormbolt, Shockwave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    you mean, how are we able jump 30 yards without even running? or you mean how our shouting magically increases how much punching to the face our cloth wearing pal can deal with? Or do you mean how our stoming calls lightning from the sky? or do you mean how our weapon magically returns to our hand when thrown? Or do you mean how we can be disarmed, run 100 yards, and our weapoins magically reappear in our hands? Or do you mean how we can .. well... you know kill dragons with meter thick cales while only being able to hit their fucking feet?
    Hahaha! Thanks for a good laugh.

I will have to just deal with my weapon being imbued with magic...or just not use ravager!!!

Deleted
    I will have to just deal with my weapon being imbued with magic...or just not use ravager!!!
    Well, you seem fond of Mountain Kings... they are capable of Thunderclap only because their weapons are heavily imbued with magic since WC2 (well, gryphon riders instead of MKs, but it was the same thing).

I don't think the idea behind the warrior is lost because of that. The class is still incapable of doing magic.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2014-07-17 at 07:03 PM.

be good friend, no magic needed to explain it, warriors still is the only class that not use any type of magic
    you just need to separate spells into two parts: gameplay mechanics and RP (fantasy)
    in the RP (fantasy world) of WoW, all warrior spells are possible and do not use magic, but some of it need to be changed for gameplay purposes, like Ravager
    let me explain how it works for Ravager:
    - in RP, the warrior throws his weapon in a circling move against his enemys, killing everything in its way, then he needs to go take his weapon back
    - in game, for gameplay purposes, this move is showed as you can see, and you dont really throw your weapon, since you still keep it to fight normally

the same happens for all warriors arsenal, RP is one thing and gameplay is another

do you feels better now?
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

There's nothing magical about any of those abilities.

Bladestorm is you spinning really friggin' fast with your weapon.

Shouts are like battle drums or simply the inspiring presence/speech of a genereal before battle.

Intimidating shout is literally just someone yelling at your face waving their weapon around so you're rooted there in fear.

Thunderclap's the only real kinda stretch but it's basis is pretty much that you slam the ground with such insane force that it throws out more than just sparks.

Ravager can TECHNICALLY make sense but the whole level 100 tier is insanely uninspired.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not forget Avatar, Stormbolt, Shockwave.
    Avatar is you pretty much going berserk (it's death wish without the death wish pretty much), nothing magical about it.

Stormbolt, see Moutain King description by other poster above. Thunderclap falls under the same thing. Still mostly physical. If you throw your weapon really friggin' hard at someone's face it's going to do more than just stun them. Shockwave, you just hit the ground so hard it shattered the Earth beneath your target; again nothing magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

You see what actually happens when you use Ravager is super secret Warrior tech involving a piece of string and a cat.

Throw the cat at your enemies, which goes wild running in circles trying to chase the string connecting its tail and the weapon, spinning it along in a gruesome whirling blade of death. The cat runs so fast, the weapon heats up as it spins, turning red and glowy.

/game.

Deleted
    Warriors do innately have some magical elements, even though their primary strength is just their physical prowess. Else, only Human/Dwarf/Gnome warriors could use Avatar (Turns you to a stone colossus a la Stoneform (Titan magic)).

I very much doubt that Warriors would just suddenly realise that they could use Titan magic without some form of training, so more than likely they were taught to take magic and give it a brutish, physical element and let you use it to smash faces rather than just impaling people.

Assuming Warcraft 3 examples are still valid, there's this guy.

Clearly a Warrior, using Mirror Image and Wind Walk (Temporary Stealth)

Warriors can use magic, they're smart, they just turn their body into a weapon instead of their mind.