Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Hm the new episode shows how they get recruts. I wouldnt be suprised if the top ones are getting trained for a sith.

Those guys from Jedi outcast:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...on-windows.jpg
    http://www.fpsteam.it/img2005/jedi_k...outcast_02.jpg
    That would explain the incompetence of Stormtroopers.

Just watched the sabine and hera episode. It wasn't as great as the Luminara episode, but Hera is quite fun. Despite getting lots of face time. Sabine still flounders around. She just isn't clicking into place. Even as the demolition of the group. She is whiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Sabine was apparently trained as a cadet on Mandalore, but she really lacks the true mandalorian mindset.

I hate the art style, truly does look like Bob the Builder or any other cartoon aimed at the youngest. Seems like the characters are made of plastic. #1 reason for me not to watch the show. Still, it's probably something my 9 yo cousin would enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    Just watched the sabine and hera episode. It wasn't as great as the Luminara episode, but Hera is quite fun. Despite getting lots of face time. Sabine still flounders around. She just isn't clicking into place. Even as the demolition of the group. She is whiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Sabine was apparently trained as a cadet on Mandalore, but she really lacks the true mandalorian mindset.
    Not my favorite episode thus far. However, we did learn a little more about the rebellion. They are indeed in link with other rebel groups. Wonder who is "Fulcrum" (good codename by the way). Hera is truly the mother of that family, with Papa Kanan, grumpy uncle Zeb, great sis Sabine, little bro Ezra and the mischievous dog Chopper... Could make a great family sitcom. I agree with you that Sabine did not truly shine in this episode. Although we learn that she is not one to trust anybody. She may become the loose cannon of the group. As for her training, she was trained on Mandalore, yes, but in an Imperial Academy. She is also still young and rebellious, so it is not surprising that she is not acting as a classic mandalorian warrior. I wonder if we will ever know what was in those cases.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 8 is great.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Not my favorite episode thus far. However, we did learn a little more about the rebellion. They are indeed in link with other rebel groups. Wonder who is "Fulcrum" (good codename by the way). Hera is truly the mother of that family, with Papa Kanan, grumpy uncle Zeb, great sis Sabine, little bro Ezra and the mischievous dog Chopper... Could make a great family sitcom. I agree with you that Sabine did not truly shine in this episode. Although we learn that she is not one to trust anybody. She may become the loose cannon of the group. As for her training, she was trained on Mandalore, yes, but in an Imperial Academy. She is also still young and rebellious, so it is not surprising that she is not acting as a classic mandalorian warrior. I wonder if we will ever know what was in those cases.
    Agreed, but still. When it comes to Sith and mandalorians you are expected to achieve a certain level of bad ass. she has yet achieved that bad ass title. It's sort of mandatory for any mandalorian or sith.

Well, Gathering forces was interesting. Inquisitor feels like the new Ventress. His last line is the best. "My Master will be displeased." The rebels have gotten vaders interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Gathering forces was interesting. Inquisitor feels like the new Ventress. His last line is the best. "My Master will be displeased." The rebels have gotten vaders interest.
    Do we actually know that he reports to Vader? (He could be reporting directly to the Emperor, as one alternative.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Do we actually know that he reports to Vader? (He could be reporting directly to the Emperor, as one alternative.)
    On TV, there was a scene in the pilot where Vader gives his orders to the Inquisitor.

"Gathering forces" was great. Ezra has felt the lure of the Dark Side. Will he become Anakin or Luke? His background is already more like Anakin, since he had a difficult childhood and experienced a great loss. What I like is that as the show progress, we will see him grow up. By the end of the series he will be an adult of the same age as Luke. Which means that the Rebel Alliance could have had more Jedi in their ranks than we thought. That or Ezra is the seed for a new Sith menace that we will see blooming in Episode VII. Since it's a Disney children cartoon, I doubt it, but...

The Inquisitor only gets better has a villain. I like his design very much. His toothy, predatory smile is creepy, yet very charismatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    On TV, there was a scene in the pilot where Vader gives his orders to the Inquisitor.

I'd missed that, thanks! He's definitely talking about Vader, when he says "his master" then - not good for our scrappy little crew.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode is out.
    I wont spoil it. However it does remind me a bit of a Kotor.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    What? There's no episode until next Monday is there? o.O
    They did their obligatory force cave episode. Although, I am cringing at the next episode. Idiot's array. "The crew is forced into transporting some unusual cargo after an issue with a new acquaintance"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    New episode is out.
    I wont spoil it. However it does remind me a bit of a Kotor.
    Yeah, it totally went Old Republic. KotOR and SW:TOR to be honest.

Also, I have to say... It hasn't been as bad and kiddy as I thought. It's simpler, sure. It's completely detached from the actual storyline, whereas Clone Wars followed Anakin and so on. But, having said that, it hasn't been too bad. I think the pilot had a bit of the pilotitis. The protagonist hasn't been too hateable as a teenager. Not yet, at least.

Have to see how it goes. Hoping it delves a bit deeper into the actual canon lore.

They did their obligatory force cave episode. Although, I am cringing at the next episode. Idiot's array. "The crew is forced into transporting some unusual cargo after an issue with a new acquaintance"
    How you went from someone being surprised that there was a new episode to "hey please spoil the entire episode for me", is beyond me. Do people a favor and use the tags to hide your post, or even better, delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, it totally went Old Republic. KotOR and SW:TOR to be honest.

Also, I have to say... It hasn't been as bad and kiddy as I thought. It's simpler, sure. It's completely detached from the actual storyline, whereas Clone Wars followed Anakin and so on. But, having said that, it hasn't been too bad. I think the pilot had a bit of the pilotitis. The protagonist hasn't been too hateable as a teenager. Not yet, at least.

Have to see how it goes. Hoping it delves a bit deeper into the actual canon lore.

How you went from someone being surprised that there was a new episode to "hey please spoil the entire episode for me", is beyond me. Do people a favor and use the tags to hide your post, or even better, delete it?
    Um, I didn't spoil anything. also when you come into this thread. People tend to dicuss the episodes. Also, that's not a spoiler the "The crew is forced into transporting some unusual cargo after an issue with a new acquaintance." That's whats listed as the episode summery before the episode. This tends to be very common.

Deleted
    also when you come into this thread
    When I come to this thread?

Oh, you mean this thread that I started?

Boy, don't tell me what happens in my own thread.

Also...

Um, I didn't spoil anything
    Except this part:

They did their obligatory force cave eisode
    Don't blame me if you don't understand that that's spoiling.

Other than that, peace out.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-01-09 at 09:58 PM.

The episode has been out since monday. Been on Xfinity on demand, and the online. So is there a don't discuss the episode until the next week rule?
    Last edited by eillas; 2015-01-09 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    The episode has been out since monday. Been on Xfinity on demand, and the online. So is there a don't discuss the episode until the next week rule?
    Well, yes? Yes. Be a gentleman and don't fucking spoil shit for people for a week. Or even a month. And if you absolutely must, use the tags.

Okay a month sounds really ridiculous. Don't want to derail this, but if you have a thread that discusses the show. Don't be shocked that someone wants tp the episode that has been out for days.

Deleted
    Okay a month sounds really ridiculous. Don't want to derail this, but if you have a thread that discusses the show. Don't be shocked that someone wants tp the episode that has been out for days.
    Threads that spoil shit typically have a "SPOILER" tag in the thread topic. This one doesn't. Learn how forums work, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Threads that spoil shit typically have a "SPOILER" tag in the thread topic. This one doesn't. Learn how forums work, please.
    You're really blowing this out of proportion. Saying "this was a cave episode" is not a huge spoiler, if even it is a spoiler. It does not tell how the story goes. Besides, it's hard to talk about a show without refering to any of its elements.