Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The Empire Strikes Back.

Season 2 will have far more episodes than Season 1.

Hondo Ohnaka will indeed be there. We see him in the trailer. His "beard" scales have grown much longer since the Clone Wars.

Ah fair, I'm just going to wait for Season 2 to completely finish before I watch all of it just like I did with Season 1.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Uproot View Post
    Just watched the first season they posted for May the 4th, as a Star Wars fan who skipped The Clone Wars ( The animation style never appealed to me), I was pleasantly surprised with Rebels.

Making me rethink my stance on The Clone Wars, might give it a try. Never would have if it weren't for Rebels.
    The Clone Wars got better in the later seasons. As for animation style, I much prefer the clone wars to Rebels. I still can't warm up to Rebels but maybe it will grow on me like The Clone Wars did.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The Clone Wars got better in the later seasons. As for animation style, I much prefer the clone wars to Rebels. I still can't warm up to Rebels but maybe it will grow on me like The Clone Wars did.
    For me, Rebels hit on all the points that made me fall in love Star Wars when I was a kid. Sure some parts are a little corny and cliche, but Star Wars has always been that way. For some reason I absolutely LOVE Chopper, I'm sure most view him as poorly as Jar-Jar, his practical jokes and that droid "laugh" after his pranks just kills me XD

The fan service so far in Rebels has been exceptional and season 2 sounds like there is plenty more in store, and I'm sure there's lots I'm missing because of skipping Clone Wars.

The fan service so far in Rebels has been exceptional and season 2 sounds like there is plenty more in store, and I'm sure there's lots I'm missing because of skipping Clone Wars.
    Well there is one very important character that came out of Clone Wars that is in Rebels

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the first season they posted for May the 4th, as a Star Wars fan who skipped The Clone Wars ( The animation style never appealed to me), I was pleasantly surprised with Rebels.

Making me rethink my stance on The Clone Wars, might give it a try. Never would have if it weren't for Rebels.
    The Clone Wars can be a little hit-or-miss sometimes. There are some absolutely amazing episodes, in a lot of different ways, (and some pretty hilarious ones) but there are also a number of them that didn't feel special to me at all.

When Clone Wars first came out, I gave it a look and then passed on it. Later, I caught some mid-series stuff that blew me away, went back and watched the whole thing - it does build nicely over time, so I don't want to recommend some "skip the first X episodes" or anything... I guess I'll just say: watch it when you want to and have some time, start at the beginning, and give it a fair shake instead of ditching after an episode or three doesn't catch you.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Terrible show, on the same level of bad as the clone wars cartoon where darth maul came back to life with robot spider legs. Let disney shit up the universe, star wars died when disney bought it and decided to whore it out for as much money as they can get. Clone wars cartoon retcons the entire republic commando series which is arguably one of the best in the star wars library.

RIP starwars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Terrible show, on the same level of bad as the clone wars cartoon where darth maul came back to life with robot spider legs. Let disney shit up the universe, star wars died when disney bought it and decided to whore it out for as much money as they can get. Clone wars cartoon retcons the entire republic commando series which is arguably one of the best in the star wars library.

RIP starwars
    yes if only disney wasnt able to remove the various star wars stories you like directly from your memories leaving only bitterness

Quote Originally Posted by Guru Laghima View Post
    ESB?

I also wonder if they'll have more seasons because of less episodes per season. There will be episodes with Hondo?
    what ive heard awhile back is that the plan is to end rebels after season 2 or season 3 and once force awakens has come out to start a new show taking place in the current time period of the movies.

the time between episode 3 and episode 4 is a time they wanna do alot of spin off movies in so theres really only so much rebels can cover before it starts to overlap. also from what ive heard some of the rebels characters will show up in future movies/shows.

so basically rebels is just an inbetween show that somewhat sets up some of the stuff in force awakens and then can be ended once all the stuff in the current time is finalized and planned out.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that the show will last longer than 2 or 3 seasons. They should at least cover enough to link it to the events of A New Hope. In the rolling text of ANH, its is said that the Rebel Alliance just won its first great victory in which they recovered the plans of the Death Star. I want to see that battle.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I hope that the show will last longer than 2 or 3 seasons. They should at least cover enough to link it to the events of A New Hope. In the rolling text of ANH, its is said that the Rebel Alliance just won its first great victory in which they recovered the plans of the Death Star. I want to see that battle.
    Yeah, that is the plot of the first stand alone film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Yeah, that is the plot of the first stand alone film.
    What? I'm late on the news...

What? I'm late on the news...
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One

Everyone knows that it was Kyle Katarn who stole the plans though.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One

Everyone knows that it was Kyle Katarn who stole the plans though.
    Yeah... Somewhere in another dimension.

So, that's what Rogue One is all about. Looks promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to finishing the series the other day since S1 was free to stream on starwars.com. The first half was little uneventful which is why I kinda forgot to keep up with the show, but by the finale I was definitely hooked. Season 2 looks like it's going to be awesome. Especially with a bunch of characters from Clone Wars returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Finally got around to finishing the series the other day since S1 was free to stream on starwars.com. The first half was little uneventful which is why I kinda forgot to keep up with the show, but by the finale I was definitely hooked. Season 2 looks like it's going to be awesome. Especially with a bunch of characters from Clone Wars returning.
    Season 1 was just the set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 2 episode is now out. Watching it. (dont spoil for others... remember that)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Our team of Rebels have joined the Rebel Fleet commanded by Commander Sato (George Takei). They recieve a message from Minister Tua. She's afraid for her life and wants to defect in exchange for crucial informations. The Rebels accept to retrieve her from Lothal. When they arrive at the heavily blockaded world, Kanan and Ezra feel a cold and foreboding presence...

Excellent episode overall. Things are really getting darker. They've made a good use of Vader too. Kanan and Ezra are of course no match against him. My guess is that Vader will be used scarcely during the season. The pair of inquisitors we saw in the season trailer will probably become the main antagonists. An interesting theme of the show is how the rebels' actions for the good of the people will have dire consequences for the people and that they have to accept that.

I enjoyed this episode. Still would prefer it to have no Jedi beyond cameo roles but bleh, can't have everything
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I just have this 'cold' feel that we just saw the best episode of the season already... no more Vader and Emperor for a while, thus no more Jedi, nor Sith fighting, just a bunch of low-skilled padawans against low-skilled red-sword wielding freaks.

Anyway, the space battles are pure sex.