Thread: Missing Stance?

Missing Stance?

On my Prot warrior once in a blue moon I will jump in a LFR or Heroic dungeon and right away I notice my threat is terrible. Then I look at my stance bar and notice I am not in defensive, not in any stance! How does that happen? I didn't even know you could not be in a stance....

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    On my Prot warrior once in a blue moon I will jump in a LFR or Heroic dungeon and right away I notice my threat is terrible. Then I look at my stance bar and notice I am not in defensive, not in any stance! How does that happen? I didn't even know you could not be in a stance....
    it is possible. used to be that when you left C'Thun's stomach room, it would remove your stance. There's a few other ways it can happen I think, but yeah. used to matter more when ability use was restricted based on stance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You certainly can be in no stance. For me, that mostly happens when they do big changes to a stance and reset them. But I am sure you could macro yourself out of a stance.
    Anyway. Since I never encountered this bug in the fashion you described it I assume it is an addon problem. Running something fancy? If it still occurs after you cleared your folders and deactivated your addons I would really be surprised. If you can´t figure out what it is and you don´t bother to reinstall WoW the technical support forums cannot help you... there are a few addons that remind you of things like food, flasks and STANCE if there is a ready check or if you enter a instance/raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

doesn't any stance wear off when you switch specs?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    doesn't any stance wear off when you switch specs?
    nope. warriors stay in the stance they were in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Used to happen in Arena occassionally too, would charge in and realize I coudn't rend and it made me very sad. Now I've remembered Rend and I'm sad again...

Also used to happen back in Vanilla on Nefarian's Warrior Class Call ability - a protection warrior would be forced into a "Berserker Stance" that was not actually the Berserker stance on your bars, so when the ability ended you had no stance at all and had to switch yourself back into Defensive stance manually.

Get a weak aura that puts a huge icon in the upper corner of your screen whenever you're not in Defensive Stance while in Prot spec. I have one if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Get a weak aura that puts a huge icon in the upper corner of your screen whenever you're not in Defensive Stance while in Prot spec. I have one if you need it.
    or just do what i do and compulsively hit the correct stance key binding every few seconds/minutes just in case.

I use power Auras classic and I found a way to put in a notification to warn me if I am not in the correct stance or any stance. I also did it for my DK

Could macro D stance into shield slam or something. I usually clear BWL and then the next dungeon I go into I lose threat for half of it because I forgot about the warrior class call on Nefarian.

Hmm never had this problem so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this occurs if you switching glyphs. My paladin is losing its active seal if i do so.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Maybe this occurs if you switching glyphs. My paladin is losing its active seal if i do so.
    That's because seals are buffs you have to activate. Stances are supposed to be passive until you actually change them though there are ways to effectively lose all stance benefits, C'thun stomach being easiest to encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seals aren't buffs. They acting like stances.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Seals aren't buffs. They acting like stances.
    Huh, weren't they still considered buffs back in Cata? That's the last time I really looked at a Paladin's abilities.