Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    I guess I just wasn't feeling super nice about raid groups. I'd been in 4 groups previously that day trying to get Galakras, only for a tank to leave before we started, wait for 20 minutes looking for another, then the whole group falls apart and I start over again. Being a DPS, I figured it would be easy for them to replace me, it being a friday night.
    I think this post is very telling. You were annoyed that people did that to your raid all day but when it came time for you to do it you didn't think twice. You did the exact same thing that those people did that put you in your shitty mood and wasted your time. Pretty telling of you IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would only have been able to stay for about an hour longer at most, since I had work early the next day (it wasn't too too late, only 9:30-ish).
    did you tell them this at the start?

you were wrong for joining, leaving when you have to get to bed is another thing if you tell people first.
    what you did was as rude as what they did, however they were very immature about it.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but it's almost common sense that when you as a RL invite someone to a raid, you expect them to stay for the whole run. If they were bad and you were 4th on the dps meter, it means you weren't really great either. And when you join groups with low requirements for instance, you must know that you can't expect a smooth run. Now I know you didn't mention anything about the ilvl of the group but when people are wiping several times in a Normal run, it does sorta speak of the skill/gear.

But to join a run, knowing you aren't likely to be able to stay is just rude and annoying as fuck. If you had about an hour left, there was no way you'd be able to finish the raid - unless you were being boosted by a group of 580+ people. So what did you actually expect?

I don't even understand, why you have to come to a forum and ask about something most people would consider rather obvious tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Why do you need the trinket anyways if you don't raid more than one boss in a full raid? I mean the whole point of gearing up is to make it easier to progress in raids, obviously you're not raiding for that.
    I do full clears with my friends on my realm. I'm happy to help people in that category gear up. They just didn't have enough room in the group this time. It's lots of fun to do full clears with friends. Not so much with strangers. I was trying to gear up in order to get into heroic raiding with my friends. I'm all for doing full clears for fun with friends that I talk to. I am not all for doing full clears for a bunch of strangers that only talk when I initiate conversation or when they tell people the right way to kill the boss.

It's really amusing how people doing normals always care so much about gear. The essence of raiding isn't gear, it's playing around with mechanics and maximizing with what you have. Outgearing stuff becomes really boring after awhile. Farming heroic garry isn't as fun as doing heroic alt runs with undergeared toons!

Deleted
    Just inform the raid leader in advance next time and everything's fine.

Deleted
    I do full clears with my friends on my realm. I'm happy to help people in that category gear up. They just didn't have enough room in the group this time. It's lots of fun to do full clears with friends. Not so much with strangers. I was trying to gear up in order to get into heroic raiding with my friends. I'm all for doing full clears for fun with friends that I talk to. I am not all for doing full clears for a bunch of strangers that only talk when I initiate conversation or when they tell people the right way to kill the boss.
    Why do you even PUG if you dont even wanna be there in the first place? are you such a lootwhore? Why waste other peoples time like this? Just dont PUG if you dont like it, its that simple.
    If i join a pug i always expect a full run, even if i only need something from the first boss. I wouldnt even join a pug if for instance i know i only have 30 min, which could get me that first needed boss. I think its rude to others, but maybe im just to considerate to others.

It's fine to not want to stay past a boss that you don't need anything from, it's understandable. BUT, it's much more courteous to inform the raidleader "I can only stay for 1hr" or "I only have time for this boss". If you get accepted than great, you win, they win because you let them know. If you don't get accepted you could consider changing your mind and staying longer when you look for a group next time.

Personally what I usually do is only queue for raids that I know I have the time to finish. I mean even if you don't need any item, there's always warforged so you could upgrade that way. If for some reason there is a raid where I only need 1-2 bosses, I tell the raidleader before joining. If the group is fun and laughing around like you described, usually I just end up staying longer anyway and helping kill more bosses.

you joined a group at boss 4 and then left right after they killed the boss. From their perspective they just had lost someone after the first 3 bosses and had to stop to find you only to leave after they killed the boss. So now you wasted their time even more than if they had just kept looking. Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If you only want to participate up to Galakras next time, inform the raid leader first so that they can decide whether they're fine with it, else, don't bother joining unless you're willing to commit bar any emergencies.
    he joined AT Galakras and left after Galakras.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2014-07-31 at 10:10 AM.

We don't take kindly to scum-suckers round here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    I'm sorry but it's almost common sense that when you as a RL invite someone to a raid, you expect them to stay for the whole run.
    Anyone who's ever been in one of these runs and seen how they typically go knows that it's stupid to expect anyone to stay any length of time in them. Common sense it is not, it's the opposite.

Since you seem adamant about defending your right to abandon strangers after one boss simply because you didn't get the loot you wanted and apparently as number 4 on the list didn't even contribute that much to them (I don't know why you pointed that out otherwise), there's undoubtedly nothing else that can be said to change your mind as you're obviously just looking for someone to agree with you that it's okay to treat people you don't know like soulless NPCs.

However, if you want a mode of raiding with strangers where you can come and go as you please on your own time where your damage is irrelevant and will cause the little to no amount of inconvenience and threatening messages when you do decide to bail on them, stick to LFR.

Is it bad I feel glad he didnt get the trinket, based on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Is it bad I feel glad he didnt get the trinket, based on this thread?
    Not at all. I'm personally tired of people that raid for loot and not for a bit of fun but I think that makes me a minority.

Normals..Not really plenty of people are locked to X boss and tons of people are ready to join in a sec and same with flex. Doing stuff like join for sha-malk and after that leave and join another group for Garrosh.

Heroics is another deal though... For anyone that doesn't know how HC lockouts work, Each HC lockout that has killed at least one boss on HC gets a unique ID. You can't join another hc group with a different ID. You get automatically get locked to your groups ID after 60s in the instance.

Basically when you join a hc group you can't do any more HCs for the rest of the week. Lets say you just killed 25hc thok and someone leaves. You're group is now siegecrafter hc and you need to find someone who haven't done any heroics that week and is willing to get himself locked to your group without knowing if he will kill any bosses at all. Most of the time you can't find anyone who wants to get themselves locked for no bosses so a lot of the time the hole group just falls apart because 1 guy left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Anyone who's ever been in one of these runs and seen how they typically go knows that it's stupid to expect anyone to stay any length of time in them. Common sense it is not, it's the opposite.

What about you read the thread then? He joined AT Galakras and killed it, then left. He stated that he had maybe 1 hour left he could have stayed for, no way in hell a Normal pug run can finish from Juggernaut to Garrosh in 1 hour. Knowing this he still joined said run but didn't have the courtesy to tell them in advance, that he had no intentions of staying past Galakras.

I don't host shit runs so yes, I do expect people to stay for the duration. "Any length of time" - what does that even mean? Do you expect a Normal pug run to clear in less than 3 hours? If so, you're seriously delusional. People do Normal runs in 540 ilvl and there's just no way you can finish in less than 3-4 hours.

On top of that the OP hadn't spend a "lengthy time" in that run, he spend the 12-15 mins it took them to kill Galakras.......

Please at least read the thread before you start spewing out shit like that.

I think it's okay to just do one boss if you tell the Group in advance but if you join a group and then just leave after 1 boss that's pretty rude tbh.

Deleted
    I like the raiding and killing bosses and whatnots. Loot is just the icing on the cake, really.

But its a PuG so who the fuck cares except the RL who'll have to find a replacement or the rest of the raid which quickly catches the idea of failed raid and leaves..

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    But its a PuG so who the fuck cares except the RL who'll have to find a replacement or the rest of the raid which quickly catches the idea of failed raid and leaves..
    This kind of attitude is EXACTLY what perpetuates pugs being bad. People need to be more selfless and stop caring so much about loot.

pugs are pugs, they are there for your own personal use. theyre not your friend or guildies so you shouldn't treat them that way. if i was pugging i would just get in and get out honestly, sorry.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson