Deleted

Hm... what to play..

Also apologizing for making for making one of these treads again but somehow i havent found right answers in other similar threads. Thus making new.

Im kinda pondering between warrior and paladin, what to play in WoD.
    I want Sword and Board tank that is.

Paladin seems to have so much good stuff to keep self alive thus making me feel uterly crap on my warrior.
    BUT this new Gladiator Stance thing sounds amazing which is really pulling the fun towards it.
    However pally is going to get ability to block magic...

I would like to play warrior however every time I play without group i feel annoyed for no healing as when i roll on the same stuff on my paladin i just heal away from mostly any situations. Also I'we seen some pallies practically solo bosses from 20% when the rest of group is dead. Is this possible on warrior??

At the moment i would really feel like playing warrior, but it just feels bad and useless being normal tank (even when playing well), needing some healing, when the guy next to you is needing prantically none in similar gear. :S

So is this really even and hows the things looking in WoD?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Palas are getting an ability to mitigate magic damage? Nice that these guys finally manages to catch up on us.
    Yes, Paladins probably are better in soloing content. So if you mostly spend your time questing (as a tank?) or soloing tanking or being alone in general, you should roll Paladin. Then again, you might wanna checkif massive multiplayer games are for you.
    When it comes to bashing down a few percent when everyone else already bit the dust, you might wanna look at DKs, tho no sword and board.
    In the end I just wanna hint, that feeling bad and useless or needing exzessive amounts of heal might not always have to do with class design. Perhaps the way you play a Protadin just fits your style better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

There's nothing more boner inducing than heroic leap and charge.... wings aint got shit on that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    There's nothing more boner inducing than heroic leap and charge.... wings aint got shit on that
    Not sure I would use the exact words to describe warrior mobility :P
    But the main point is correct, it's about mobility and warrior has the manliest abilities for that

@OP, have you tried pala or warr tanks? The one reason I prefer warrior over other tanks is mobility, while monks are halfway between warrior and the rest, I don't feel any 'flow' when tanking with monk, as when I play warrior I just feel as if the playstyle is 'flowing'. Maybe it's just me, having mained warrior tank in vanilla.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Im kind of in the same boat as the OP, pondering between warrior and pally both with MS prot and OS DPS. One of the things that pushes me away from the paladin is the passive feeling it gives me. I feel when tanking on a pally, that I dont have to pay much attention to my abilities and health, as long as I generate HP's and spend them on either AM or healing, it feels to easy and passive somehow.
    On the other side, I feel that playing a prot warrior well, requires much more attention and gives me a greater feel of accomplishment, when killing a raid boss.

Unfortunately I find grinding, questing, soloing old stuff etc, much more fun on my pally........ which makes it hard for me to choose the one char for WOD :-P

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards Gladiator in spite of how I feel about rolling against tanks for gear that has +armor on it. The option to either deal damage or be a tank within one skillset is great while leaving the second open for either Arms or Fury.

I have no doubt that the time will come when I am playing Gladiator in a dungeon or raid and the tank drops between trash. No more dicking around to wait for a DPS to break down and put on his OT gear which he may have left in the bank or sitting around waiting for another to pop in from the queue. Just change either your stance or talent and roll out. I mean, even if the secondary stat priorities aren't exactly the same for Prot and Glad, it should still be fine with the exception to heroic (mythic) content. I tanked all of Normal SoO in Blood spec with a Crit >= Mastery Unholy loadout so I can't see it being any different in this case especially now with defensive stats gone and both Prot and Glad sharing +armor as their go to stat.

But deep down, it's really just the ability to use a sword and shield as an offense rather than only defense.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Interestingly I am exactly the same - Pally or Warrior. Currently maining a warrior and loving it, I am aware that at this point the only "fun" DPS spec for warrior will be competing with the gear that the tank wants, whereas Haste-attuned plate wont be a thing for warrior tanks (and in my 25man we have at least 5 warriors but only 1 paladin).

In saying that, losing out the mobility will be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    ^This. So much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerfar View Post
    Im kind of in the same boat as the OP, pondering between warrior and pally both with MS prot and OS DPS. One of the things that pushes me away from the paladin is the passive feeling it gives me. I feel when tanking on a pally, that I dont have to pay much attention to my abilities and health, as long as I generate HP's and spend them on either AM or healing, it feels to easy and passive somehow.
    On the other side, I feel that playing a prot warrior well, requires much more attention and gives me a greater feel of accomplishment, when killing a raid boss.

Unfortunately I find grinding, questing, soloing old stuff etc, much more fun on my pally........ which makes it hard for me to choose the one char for WOD :-P
    I did normal SoO for first time on warr alt (544 at the time). I'm stacking mastery on him and on Norushen, I believe, I checked the healing done and I had 10m self healing, while another tank was pala and he had around 1m. My self healing was almost 8% total raid healing, which I think is pretty nice.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you have the right idea about Paladin vs Warrior tanks. Paladins are just superior to a Warrior tank in most situations. They even feel superior where as Warriors always feel like they need someone to babysit them because of the lack of healing. The problem I have with Paladins is that the class in all specs feels really really slow. I hate how everything with Paladins is everything is locked in that 1.5 second GCD where as Warrior feels faster with more off gcd attacks/charge/heroic leap ect.

I think its just me, but I just hate the way Paladins feel. Everything just feels so easy, so "X, Y, Z" with that class. Even knowing that Paladins are completely superior both gameplay and lorewise to Warriors, I still stick to Warrior because its more fun.

If you want to play something that is better, play a Paladin Tank. If you want to have fun, play a Warrior tank. I know "fun" is subjective, but its my input on this issue.

If you're contemplating playing a paladin above a warrior, you already have your answer.