Poll: Glasses?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since I was six years old. It's not terrible, I'd invest in one of those glasses kits (with the little screw driver, and stuff.). The screws can get loose from time to time, and can be a pain in the ass. Other than that, not really a big deal. You get to see like a normal person, and you now have a fashion accessory.
    The world is a deaf machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been wearing glasses for 27 years. I think I rock them well Have tried contacts several times but I keep scratching my eyeball which then requires antibiotics so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do! Got it in 2007 and BADLY needed them. Didnt start using them 24/7 until 3-4 years ago though .

I actually just got a new pair that are soooo much better xD. My eyes had changed drastically over the last 7 years so now I see everything in HD !
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    But what if you're really nervous and you twitch and move? GAAAH it seems too scary.
    They'll probably have some kind of setup that moves the laser to follow the eye, but that's the sort of thing you'd ask the doctor yourself.

I use glasses and have done since I was 4 or 5. I'm going to need some new ones, my eyes are about -6.75 dpt each and my current glasses are only -6.25dpt.

Never worn glasses, and I even find sunglasses to be uncomfortable to wear after a while, so I hope that my eye sight will remain decent for a while longer. I think that I will laser my eyes when it becomes bad enough.
    Mother pus bucket!

Why yes. I have this almost harry potter pair of glasses... so I decided to buy some fancy frame a while ago.. the frame is too heavy and it hurts my nose. the new frames were $400.00+ ... so i am stuck wearing them.

Nah, for a while they pondered whether or not I'd need them since I kept going into stuff, but later on it became clear that my neurological disabilities also came with a balance sense that doesn't always compute with what I want. For a while I really wanted glasses and contemplated getting fake ones because I just think people look so distinguished with them, and smart. Other teenagers go emo or skater or hip hop, I wanted glasses...<.<

My father and 2 of my siblings need them, but 4 of us children and my mom don't need them. My dad has had issues with his eyesight all his life.

PS. Love your glasses, and hairstyle!

- - - Updated - - -

But what if you're really nervous and you twitch and move? GAAAH it seems too scary.
    Heh, you defo don't want to watch Final Destination 5. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, don't remember how much they cost me (I was 14 or 15 when I got this pair so I wasn't buying them). I wear them for everything except reading. It should only take a couple of days for it to stop feeling weird, your brain eventually figures out that it doesn't need to constantly tell you there is something on your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Why yes. I have this almost harry potter pair of glasses... so I decided to buy some fancy frame a while ago.. the frame is too heavy and it hurts my nose. the new frames were $400.00+ ... so i am stuck wearing them.
    Which is why you try them on before you buy. Derp.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    While i know they are outside the price range some are willing to consider, the titanium Silhouette frames are fantastic. They are minimalistic, very flexible, very durable, and best of all they are extremely light.

I would recommend them to anyone who wears glasses full time.

Deleted

Only sunglasses for me thx.

I wear glasses for driving and watching tv/movies at a distance. I hate, hate wearing them while at my computer or ready something close. I've had them for about 14 years, still the original prescription and basically the same frame (had it replaced about 1 or 2 year after receiving because of a defect). I've been really lucky, I got the glasses while my dad still had coverage through work.

Does lasik last forever or can your eyes get all terrible again?

How much does it hurt?
    I heard someone talking about lasik the other day, he said it doesn't hurt and there is no real discomfort but you do smell your eyeballs burning during the operation.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

I've worn glasses all my life. Can't see shit without them.

But I've been going with just contacts for about 5 years now.

I'd love to get Lasik. It would be amazing. But I got to get my kids raised up and out of my house before I can afford it. Someday...

Deleted
    unfortunately I do, will get LASIK done soon.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-07-31 at 02:42 PM.

Ya I do! Wearing glasses isnt that bad

I've had to wear glasses since middle school and I probably could have done with some before that point. I was always squinting and had a hard time copying things from the board to my notes in school. I never minded wearing them, though sometimes when I've had a stressful day they feel heavy on my nose and tight around my temples and it's really relaxing to take them off for a bath or whatever. I have to wear them all day every day, and I can't drive without them. I've tried contacts but it was a pain in the butt to either carry an extra pair around or hope to the spaghetti monster that you didn't accidentally lose one...

The down payment on glasses can be expensive but if you take good care of them and if your eyes don't change much, you could keep you glasses for many years. I've had mine for about 3 years now and they only have one tiny scratch because my dog stepped on them :/

Edit: The only time I don't wear glasses if for up close work, such as reading or taking a test. I either look under my glasses if I'm not at home (since some random thing could happen in which I need my glasses pronto) or I just take them off at home. I can technically read with my glasses on but I feel like my eyes are strained more and it's more comfortable to read without them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Nope and I don't feel I will have to.

Deleted
    I've worn glasses for the last 20 years. I look fucking gorgeous. /pumpsfist

Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2014-07-31 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Astigmatism.
    I have that and have no problems with contacts, yet I have heard people say that can't wear contacts because of it. Never understood it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    I've worn glasses for the last 20 years. I look fucking gorgeous. /pumpsfist
    I love chicks in glasses. Sienna Miller in the first GI Joe movie... black hair, those glasses.... fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Anyway. How many of you wear glasses? How much did you pay for them? What do you have to use them for? I was pretty shocked at how much they help, I guess I didn't realise how much I needed them! They feel a bit funny on my nose though, I've never really worn sunglasses because I hate the feeling of the bit pinching your nose, and like... these are basically the same, except having to wear them all damn day, since they're for computer stuff which is like, my entire life. Do you get used to that eventually? Or are they gonna feel weird forever?
    you get used to them and pretty soon you wont even be concious of wearing them.

I wore them for years, and then for a few years alongside contacts, but I've now had laser eye surgery (only because a job I want requires pretty much perfect vision unaided), and I never found them to be a hassle or incovenience.