Poll: poll

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

If you saw someone being savagely attacked by an armed psycho, would you intervene?

Say you're just minding your own business and you see some lunatic armed with a weapon and tormenting someone you don't know, would you risk your life and intervene to save the victim? Or would you just not mind it, or preferably, flee?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll intervene by calling the police and keeping myself safe.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    would call the police and stay the hell away from the idiot doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'll intervene by calling the police and keeping myself safe.
    How would the police arrive fast enough when the person is already being attacked? And what if they see you?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I would totally go Batman on the person, id probably die, but it would be good for a laugh in the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    How would the police arrive fast enough when the person is already being attacked? And what if they see you?
    The response time for police is under 6 minutes, I'm afraid the victim is just going to need to hold out that long. I may ring the police and then start yelling at the psycho to try distract them, but sure as hell am not putting myself in front of a weapon.

Deleted
    No. No I wouldn't.

Deleted
    If he had a weapon hell no! If he was unarmed then I would.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only people who have been in that situation can answer... you have no clue how you react. you may think you would or wouldn't but its a 50\50 crap shoot

I'd shoot the person being attacked just to see that "wtf" look on the bad guys face.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Nope.

If we take psycho to mean enraged or on drugs, like fuck i'm intervening when they have a weapon.

Perhaps if i had one also i'd intervene, but i'll call the police and keep a safe distance away recording it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd only intervene if the victim was a child, otherwise I'd just call police.
    That is very ageist of you.

For me it depends what he is armed with.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Hell to the no. Get the fuck out of there and call an ambulance. What kind of psycho are we talking about here though?

This kind:

or this kind:

"I have the shiniest meat bicycle!"

Enough with your idiotic polls...this is not a simple yes/no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Say you're just minding your own business and you see some lunatic armed with a weapon and tormenting someone you don't know, would you risk your life and intervene to save the victim? Or would you just not mind it, or preferably, flee?
    what is he armed with?

Not my problem tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    Enough with your idiotic polls...this is not a simple yes/no question.
    It actually is a simple yes/no question.

it really depends on the situation. if it's feasible, i probably would. i have some modicum of training, though i'm not especially a fighter. i'd probably get hurt too, but at least i might be able to disarm or otherwise keep them occupied as police arrive.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have a strong instinct to protect children - It's not really stereotyping. It's quite normal for adults (especially parents) to want to protect a child from harm.
    Still does not make it right.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Eh, you can't get a good indication if you add more options to a poll like this. The situation, when encountered, leads to either a yes, or a no.

It would probably be easier answered as a poll with the choices "Probably yes" or "Probably no"

That leaves the nuance of deciding what you're likeliest to do in the majority of qualifying encounters, or at least on average.

As for me, I'm going with "Probably yes".

These situations require quick thinking, and you rarely know the context. If there's time to call the cops and give them a location and description, that's certainly best. But assuming there isn't; let's say someone was being visciously stabbed and needs immediate help, I would probably step in.

i'd want to, but the thing in the back of my mind is "maybe that motherfucker deserves it"

what if the attacker just caught the "victim" trying to buttfuck his 3 year old son? i don't know, i think in this day and age it's best to video tape it and ask questions later unless it's a kid, because it's rare that a kid did something worthy of being butchered over but some adults totally deserve it

i'd probably watch and if the fucker comes at me, i'd drop him but until he does, i'm gonna tape it and hold onto it, if it comes out the victim was innocent, i'll turn it over. otherwise it's not my damn business

you don't know what you're getting into so why bother.