Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mexico Protests Texas National Guard Troops on US Border

http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-protest...094615377.html

Particularly the most infuriating part of the entire article:

Mexico "reiterates, in a firm and categorical way, its rejection of this measure," read a statement from the foreign ministry.

"No circumstance at all or change in border security exists that justifies this measure taken by the state."

The troop deployment "does not contribute in any way to solving the immigration problem," and is inconsistent with US-Mexico talks aimed at "building a modern, prosperous and safe border," the statement read.
    Look, we can all say what Rick Perry did was questionable in its effectiveness (since US troops cannot enforce laws), but for Mexico to say this when they knowingly allow smuggling operations to happen within their country is disturbing.

Illegal immigration isn't a new problem, and Mexico had 30+ years to deal with it. But yeah, corruption and money go hand-in-hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest illusion from either side is that more troops will stop or even curb immigration. The most the US can do is throw them back into Mexico, at which point they're right on the next immigrant train into the US. A lot of the time border patrol will catch the same person 4-5 times and then they don't see them again, and anyone that thinks they gave up is just foolish.

I don't see how anyone can claim to be fiscally conservative while throwing taxpayer money at a problem that cannot be fixed, without building a thousand mile long wall. It may have worked for China, but we're not being invaded by raiding Mongol hoard either.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The biggest illusion from either side is that more troops will stop or even curb immigration. The most the US can do is throw them back into Mexico, at which point they're right on the next immigrant train into the US. A lot of the time border patrol will catch the same person 4-5 times and then they don't see them again, and anyone that thinks they gave up is just foolish.

I don't see how anyone can claim to be fiscally conservative while throwing taxpayer money at a problem that cannot be fixed, without building a thousand mile long wall. It may have worked for China, but we're not being invaded by raiding Mongol hoard either.
    It didn't work for China either.

But really the only way to stop it is to make the economic conditions where they're from as good as those here, or at least sufficiently OK that they stop feeling the need to uproot their entire lives and deal with the risks that go along with illegal border running.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how this could be surprising news to anyone. You put a bunch of armed soldiers onto a diplomatically friendly (albeit not locally) border and you wonder why the recipient gets upset? Come on, nobody is that dumb.

Edit: Oh, their power whilst there is very limited? So they can't even really do much so this is just flaunting? Then it's downright stupid.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2014-08-16 at 03:54 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't know why this is surprising news? You put a bunch of armed soldiers onto a diplomatically friendly (albeit not locally) border and you wonder why the recipient gets upset? Come on, nobody is that dumb.
    We ARE talking about Rick Perry and his fan base.

The (R) main candidate ticket is looking more and more like a joke with each passing month. If Rick Perry is put forward, it will probably be the funniest election yet.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    How about Mexico can fuck off. We can do whatever we want on our borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rick Perry has been indicted on felony charges.
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-power-charges

Deleted
    Surely it would be cheaper and more cost-effective to start laying landmines along the border?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Surely it would be cheaper and more cost-effective to start laying landmines along the border?
    Also probably rather illegal.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    i think Mexico would consider that an even more hostile action.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The measure that Rick Perry did is actually working at curbing the flow of illegal immigrants into the state of Texas from the Mexican border. That is all it is meant to do. More people watching the border means less people succeeding in getting in.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i think Mexico would consider that an even more hostile action.
    Like they could do anything about it.

I say death for anyone crossing illegally in either direction. We must do what is necessary to protect ourselves from the violence, disease, and drugs that are trying to come here. We have enough of that shit already.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-protest...094615377.html

Particularly the most infuriating part of the entire article:

Look, we can all say what Rick Perry did was questionable in its effectiveness (since US troops cannot enforce laws), but for Mexico to say this when they knowingly allow smuggling operations to happen within their country is disturbing.

Illegal immigration isn't a new problem, and Mexico had 30+ years to deal with it. But yeah, corruption and money go hand-in-hand.
    Russia should send troops to Mexican border to counter the "American aggression"

10+ Year Old Account
    Should put more effort into their own country, sure things have been gettin slightly better in some places, but for real

Mexico has zero right to discuss how we handle our border until they put their organized crime down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Mexico has zero right to discuss how we handle our border until they put their organized crime down.
    Why? You guys discuss how every other country handles theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The measure that Rick Perry did is actually working at curbing the flow of illegal immigrants into the state of Texas from the Mexican border. That is all it is meant to do. More people watching the border means less people succeeding in getting in.
    But then comes the question of is that deterrent effective considering how much it's costing. I would somehow doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel that we should just use dynamite to blow up a chasm in between mexico and the U.S...
    Last edited by Faunwea; 2014-08-16 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't like it? They can try to solve the problem that resulted in this action being taken instead of encouraging the problem. Then, maybe they would have a legitimate beef. Until then, ignore their foolery.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It didn't work for China either.

But really the only way to stop it is to make the economic conditions where they're from as good as those here, or at least sufficiently OK that they stop feeling the need to uproot their entire lives and deal with the risks that go along with illegal border running.
    That would involve spending trillion of dollars.