Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh the best part of this is since the expansion cycle won't actually be any faster, every future raid tier will be out for about as long as Dragon Soul / Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    Yep, because raiding has never been actual content. Totally not a driving force for the game or anything, right? I do realize that the majority of players don't raid, but raids are still a very large part of the story and a cumulative point of skill for - wait for it - playing the game.
    Raiding is fun, most people just don't want to dedicate specific time to do it anymore.

So we will get expansions in 1/2 the time with 30-40% less raid content. The expansions are still going to be $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Did I read it right?
    1)The plan is for now to have +2 raids after the WoD first tier? I mean like MoP had ToT and SoO.
    2)Or just have starting raid + final raid and expansion is done?

It's Highmaul & Blackrock Foundry > quest/lore patch > final raid & done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm overthinking it, but am I the only one who has a problem with this?

Less content per expansion = spending more due to buying more and more expansions more frequently. If expansions had the same amount of content as say, Wrath, I wouldn't mind it. But I can't possibly see how they'd pump out expansions every 1-1.5 years that have a sizable amount of content, while still keeping the current expansion fresh.

LoL and I thought that Cataclysm was the expansion with less content of all

At least the filler patches of MOP were interesting for the Lore and the questings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Good. I hope raiding dies.

Then they can spend some time putting in actual content which can be enjoyed.
    I want world PVP to die

Not sure how to feel about this. It seems like they're trying to push for the Everquest version of expansions eventually. No more "free" patches, just release the expansion and push towards the next one.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    So we will get expansions in 1/2 the time with 30-40% less raid content. The expansions are still going to be $50.
    bussiness are bussiness

more money for less work

profit

that is how the world works nowadays

Why you think that apple and microsoft releases their product faster every year? even when the consumers dont really that kind of upgrades?

Deleted
    More/less content crap aside, i really wish they stick to the current format. Every expansion has felt like a an epic journey(corny, i know) and taking out half the patch content in order to go to another-not-so-epic journey fells bad.

Last edited by Black Rider; 2014-08-19 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    The next expansion will have 1 raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew the Blizzard sheep would come out strong in this thread to defend their master.

You'll always have folks tightly hugging their Blizzard plushies while sitting in their rooms full of Blizzard posters, using a collector's edition Blizzard mouse to buy all the Blizzard store mounts/pets/cosmetics, all while praising them for slacking.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I knew the Blizzard sheep would come out strong in this thread to defend their master.

You'll always have folks tightly hugging their Blizzard plushies while sitting in their rooms full of Blizzard posters, using a collector's edition Blizzard mouse to buy all the Blizzard store mounts/pets/cosmetics, all while praising them for slacking.
    ...And the other half of the forum seems to mainly consist of people jabbing knives into their Blizzard plushies while sitting in their rooms full of Blizzard posters with red paint smeared across them and the words "Die Blizzard" written in to look like it's been drawn in blood, with their collector's edition Blizzard mouse in pieces after it was thrown against the wall while they post all their hate and rage on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately they can take our feedback on this matter and lose their jobs. Or they can listen to their superiors and do what they're told, which is a yearly expansion.

I doubt the higher-ups are happy constantly seeing huge losses in the long xpac waiting times, the higher ups are probably annoyed they aren't getting what they want, and they want it 3 years ago. So we can keep our jobs and do 2 tier xpacs yearly or we can keep doing what we're doing, fail, and lose our jobs.

Look at it from their PoV.

At the end of the day they have to do what is right for their jobs, their lives and their families. Our feedback on this matter won't matter I don't think, go ahead and try, but the answer will be "wait and see how it plays out".

You guys make it seem like the devs our out to scam us and sell the xpacs for more and less content -- No, they are doing their job, they are doing what they're told. Everyone needs to put the pitchforks down and complain about things they can change in the game.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2014-08-19 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Unfortunately they can take our feedback on this matter and lose their jobs. Or they can listen to their superiors and do what they're told, which is a yearly expansion.

I doubt the higher-ups are happy constantly seeing huge losses in the long xpac waiting times, the higher ups are probably annoyed they aren't getting what they want, and they want it 3 years ago. So we can keep our jobs and do 2 tier xpacs yearly or we can keep doing what we're doing, fail, and lose our jobs.

Look at it from their PoV.
    Sorry but this is nonsense. Game Desing doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    They said that for Mists and every xpac before that. Until it happens don't get your hopes up and then you can't be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Almost no one raided Naxx when it was relevant. If you did, then good for you! You are in a very small minority (a much smaller minority than those who claim they did it). To most people, Naxx was new. It was not the best tier but to be fair I wasn't necessarily mentioning quality for any of the tiers. I have my own opinion about tier quality and I think every age of WoW has had at least one lackluster raid.
    I know that they brought back Naxx for that very reason, and also because it fit the theme of WotLK. But I just find it absurdly hilarious (not to mention hypocritical) that people always slander the current xpac's raid tiers, but rate the yesteryears' tiers to heavens.

And this is again no exception. Or did you forget how people bashed WotLk when it was current content? Everything was shit back then, and there were Wrath babies everywhere. Now Wrath is the best expansion there ever was. Go figure.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    The unexpansion, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    This. Let our voice be heard.
    I had a thread on the EU forums, but it got instantly derailed and taken over by a handful of posters who repeatedly claimed my feedback & feelings on this are "wrong" and "unjustified"....

It was actually suprising how vehemently people support a half-expansion.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-08-19 at 07:08 PM.