Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    That was TBC.
    and if you didnt have someone in your raid team who could make icebane gear...?

Since i'm playing a rogue i get easy access to those hard nodes that most people don't bother with.
    Garrisons make that redundant. Anyone with a tier 3 stables is going to be able to interact with nodes without dismounting. You aren't a tauren so you will be slower with herbs than them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    and if you didnt have someone in your raid team who could make icebane gear...?
    You talked about BoP crafts, neither resist that was needed had alot (if any) BoP crafts, all BoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Garrisons make that redundant. Anyone with a tier 3 stables is going to be able to interact with nodes without dismounting. You aren't a tauren so you will be slower with herbs than them as well.
    You get perks from Garrisons?
    Happen to have a list?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them because gold.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to keep my same ones because that's what I've had since day 1. Mining and Blacksmithing.

I still have all professions covered across all alts though. But this was the first expansion where it was useless for me to have them all maxed since all the good stuff was gated behind rep or random proc learning.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Probably going to keep my same profs as I don't want to level new ones, and have my belt explode on me rarely can be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toss up between Enchanting or Alchemy for the time being. Just basing off of potential future demand and min/max stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    You talked about BoP crafts, neither resist that was needed had alot (if any) BoP crafts, all BoE.
    Yes, because someone not raiding naxx is very likely to have the recipe, which required frozen runes to buy along with other pieces and reputation. They only thing hte BoE tag afforded was any guilds behind you on the server a shortcut to the gear from the first guild, if such convenience was in place for you.

You get perks from Garrisons?
    Happen to have a list?
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2456
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Got all of them and BS + Engi on my main (DK)

Deleted
    I was considering switching to mining and engineering but it took me forever to farm the Vial of The Sands recipe. Even if I never make it again I'm loathe to delete it. Just trying to decide if I would need to level a gathering toon if I want alchemy and engineering instead

Holy/Prot Paladin. In MOP, I was BS/Eng but have since dropped Eng in favor of BS/Mining and Enh/Tail on my Priest.

In MOP I was an altaholic so had every prof covered (every class @ 90). For WOD, I have moved servers and only have 2 characters... my Paladin main and then the free 90 boost (Priest). Because of no combat perks, I was able to have a gathering prof on my Main to support their crafting. I ditched engineering because I only had it for rocket boots.... which is negated in WOD. Blacksmith because I've had it for ever and don't want to ditch it.

Priest is Enh/Tail mostly for Bags... over the course of an expansion I make A LOT of bags, and it's great to be self sufficient increasing my own storage. Tempted to replace Enchanting for Alchemy if it's still a real money maker, or I might just transfer my Shaman (Alch/Ins) to the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    All of which are available to non-Engineers.
    Moll-E has a lot of use outside of environments where others are available - which a non-engineer wouldn't have. The rest are easily covered though.

Alchemy and Enchanting most likely, most players like pots/flasks and enchants.

Main has alchemy/JC, but I don't raid anymore, and I don't think I'll be able to raid in Wod, we'll see.
    ''Main alt'' has BS/Mining... and I'm also leveling 2 others alts, one with herbalism/inscri and the other with tailoring enchanting, so I got pretty much all I need to make money and basically all I need in case I want to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Yes, he would. In WoD all the mentioned items like Glider, Rocket Boost, Mailbox, are available to non-Engineers.

The only thing you should consider for Professions, which are brought very close together for WoD in terms of profitability, is fun and compatibility with your Class.
    For Example, if you play a Hunter, then you may consider Engineering for cheap Bow enchants. If you are a Raider, Alchemy for long duration-flasks etc.
    Engi goggles and alchemist stones.

I have not yet decided who to level first But I am very close to Paladin that already have Mining - Blacksmith and not plan changing it.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Probably the same as ever: none. I find leveling professions and dealing with the economy to be arguably the most boring aspect of the game.

Engineering and Alchemy on a boosted druid, going to be fun to switch main.

I'd like to have engineering but really... CBA... Mining/BS works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I have Inscription and Alchemy now, I find it annoying though that I can't gather herbs on my main.
    Though I think you can get some herbs from your Garisson so that should be alright.

Deleted
    I'll stick with herb/tailoring. Herb has always been one of my favorites and it fits many proffs, and now in WoD you will also need herbs for cloth, so thats nice.

Enchanting/Inscription on my alt