Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

PSN Is down LizardSquad has taken full responsibility for the DDOS attack from today

I will say I don't know how 100% true this is but it seems PSN has suffered a DDOS attack today from the hacker group LizardSquad. Now this info isn't 100% and ill update as I find out more

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...8/24/psn-down/

Update:

Allegedly, a group entitled LizardSquad has taken full responsibility for the DDOS attack from today. ShackNews is also reporting that several other services were taken down, including Battle.net, League of Legends, and Path of Exile.

Original Story:

It seems that PlayStation Network, Sony’s service for online games across all PS platforms, is down once again. It’s not the first time the service is not working properly in the past few days, after several rumors stated that PSN was DDoSed.

We will be updating you on the go, as Sony might release an official statement. Be sure to check this post again to find out when you can start playing online games again on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita.

This comes as bad news for gamers, since it’s not the first time in this month when the service is unavailable. Keep in mind that this could also be related to the upcoming maintenance.
    Nothing is 100% as I said and ill update as I find out more info.

Update: Nothing has been posted on the official twitter yet https://twitter.com/PlayStation
    Update2: Seems other services like Battle.net and PoE may have been hacked "DDOS attacked" as well. Just notice that in the link I posted.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-24 at 03:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pwned! Take that console kids!

I don't get why people do such things or well I get why their small minds might get some enjoyment out of it but surely people have better things to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This has also affected Blizzard games and servers...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/859...de-ddos-attack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    I don't get why people do such things or well I get why their small minds might get some enjoyment out of it but surely people have better things to do.
    They are probaly payed by others to do the dirty work. Or they just hate the company.
    Take your pick.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they play video games solely on televisions!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lizard squad has been really busy lately, and I can't even really imagine why. Someone said it was a protest against the PS4, but this effects Ps3 players as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Update: Nothing has been posted on the official twitter yet https://twitter.com/PlayStation
    Nor will they. That website is not official, and by the looks of it not very popular either, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    I would understand it if it would be some real hack, something that takes skill and effort.

But a DDOS is so trivial, who wastes time on doing this boring stuff?

The group didn't just DDOS PSN they DDOSed Battle.net and other groups.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Different companies put their servers on the same backbone network. When one network suffers DDOS attacks, it can affect other networks. This might cause latency issues or downtime for networks on other consoles or even PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Nor will they. That website is not official, and by the looks of it not very popular either, lol.
    If Sony or any other company gets hacked they have to report it its the law.

But there is dam near no time frame when they need to.

What blizz games and servers? I've logged into HotS and WoW just fine...

already? destiny launch is 2 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Lizard squad has been really busy lately, and I can't even really imagine why. Someone said it was a protest against the PS4, but this effects Ps3 players as well
    and psvita. All of PSN is down.

Path of exile seems fine? I don't have any trouble playing it. I'm playing it now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Path of exile seems fine? I don't have any trouble playing it. I'm playing it now
    I don't know when Bnet and PoE was effected. Just going off the link above and what twitter posts I seen.

ill update when I find out more. But this may have effected more then psn.

DDoSing a bunch of game servers doesn't make them a 'hacker group'; just a very sad bunch of kids who have too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saichotick View Post
    What blizz games and servers? I've logged into HotS and WoW just fine...
    Something was definitely going on last night on WoW's servers. I had never had issues like i did last night... and forget battle.net was down for me the whole night. Internet connection was great (as usual) but could only be on WoW for about 5-8 minutes at a time and then some 20 minutes to even get logged back on, only to be booted again in minutes.
    This was happening to many and while I stayed on Skype with others that were having no issues what-so-ever. But many of my local RL friends that play were reporting similiar issues as I was having. Last night was not a good WoW night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Loic with a botnet is hardly hacking...