Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    doing shit like this should net you 10 years minimum with no parole or ability to fight it in court. show thse fucking retard neckbeards how funny 10 years is.

or better yet, lets make them pay for the cost to call out a swat team to a false call. garuntee they're fucked for a few years cause it aint cheap.

As a gun owner, stuff like this is scary, people have robbed people before and screamed police and left, I would have my weapon ready to fire with 911 on the line to double check, if I see people rushing at me with armed weapons, im shooting if they refuse to cooperate in my home, which if it would be the police would mean me and the officer both innocent doing our jobs getting hurt. In the current day and age swatting is very dangerous for someone innocent thinking they will get robbed in their own home, and the police busting in someone elses home. You have to do this because of real calls, can't knock on a active shooters door saying police, so even if they see lil billy and his grandma watching power rangers you gotta go. But little billy's dad could live in a bad neighborhood, think they are getting robbed and open fire on the police thinking if a criminal.

EDIT: Also I would identify I had a gun just in case it is actually the police, but they would need to wait while im on the phone with a 911 operator or risk being shot at until I can identify the uniforms which seeing guns first pointed at me, is hard to do.
    Last edited by Strydr0; 2014-08-27 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There wasn't an active shooter in the building, and that should have been pretty clear very quickly. Sending in the fucking cavalry and pretending the situation was going to explode any second is a way to CAUSE problems, not solve them.
    What makes it clear that there is no shooter? X-ray vision to see through doors and walls? He was in a room with the door closed. For all they know, there is a man inside the room with a gun to a hostages head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    doing shit like this should net you 10 years minimum with no parole or ability to fight it in court. show thse fucking retard neckbeards how funny 10 years is.

or better yet, lets make them pay for the cost to call out a swat team to a false call. garuntee they're fucked for a few years cause it aint cheap.
    I like the second suggestion.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Overwhelming force in response to a non-threat? Yes, that's what it is. If the police can be so easily fooled, there's a problem with the police. They are given extreme amounts of power and deference, and that comes with extreme amounts of responsibility.
    Overwhelming? So if he was a shooter, with a gun and they would have approached him slowly and calmly what are chances of him pulling the gun and maybe get a good shot at one of the cops?
    Overwhelming force is used because there was a threat of a shooter, him being a non-threat is not something they can see in a second and evaluate.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't an active shooter in the building, and that should have been pretty clear very quickly. Sending in the fucking cavalry and pretending the situation was going to explode any second is a way to CAUSE problems, not solve them.
    I don't think it's the right response either but say these 'swatter' jerks had multiple people call the cops to claim there was a shooter in the building. With multiple accounts I can see why they'd send in SWAT. I don't think they can just ignore these calls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    Welcome to America.

I moved here with my family from Germany a few years ago, and the police/law enforcement here are a joke. They're so stupid, rude, and inefficient. Just questioning them or talking back can get you in BIG trouble or tased/shot. They also usually have no respect for your property or privacy.
    Sounds like you would be better off moving back to Germany. =/

I'm trying real damn hard to view America in a good light, but it's getting more and more difficult for every story like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Overwhelming? So if he was a shooter, with a gun and they would have approached him slowly and calmly what are chances of him pulling the gun and maybe get a good shot at one of the cops?
    Overwhelming force is used because there was a threat of a shooter, him being a non-threat is not something they can see in a second and evaluate.
    This is not Die Hard.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    .... Did they know that though? I am not sure of where in the building they are, had they cleared the vast majority of a building and not found a shooter and nobody having heard anything... then maybe its time to think its a hoax, but you still clera the building.
    I don't see that information anywhere in the video. As I even said, I don't agree with their aggression, and manner of treating him.

But I'm viewing it as a person who has had to clear buildings with hostile threats, and buildings that we didn't know who was the hostile threat, and buildings we didn't know if there was still a hostile threat in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Agreed. People who are willing to shoot innocent people for little to no reason, are also likely to lie to the police.

"Anyone in here with a gun?"

"No officer!"

"Ok"

Walks away, and gets shot in the back.

The above situation does not happen.

How do you determine that there isn't a active shooter very quickly? Cops can't afford to be lax on a possible situation involving a guns, they don't want to die or have the guy escape. They go by the information given to them. They don't know exactly what is going on. Is the active shooter still there, did he leave, is he hiding, is the individual in the house HELPING the shooter? They have to make split decisions. They need to secure the area to make sure that everyone is safe and obviously secure. It would suck if there was a actual shooter and he escaped and killed someone because the cops sitting there with their thumb up their butt debating if this is a hoax or not. That isn't a pretty headline. If it happened to me, I wouldn't blame the cops, I would blame the guy who called them.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    .... Did they know that though? I am not sure of where in the building they are, had they cleared the vast majority of a building and not found a shooter and nobody having heard anything... then maybe its time to think its a hoax, but you still clera the building.
    I don't see that information anywhere in the video. As I even said, I don't agree with their aggression, and manner of treating him.

But I'm viewing it as a person who has had to clear buildings with hostile threats, and buildings that we didn't know who was the hostile threat, and buildings we didn't know if there was still a hostile threat in it.
    Treating this like a warzone is the problem.

It's not just a problem with the people calling these things in. It's a problem with law enforcement having no concept of proportionality and being insanely gullible. They are more concerned with getting a chance to bring their toys out than with doing their actual jobs.
    Gullible? As far as they knew someone was there with a gun and was either shooting or threatening to shoot...They were going off information provided by a piece of shit prankster and it makes them look like idiots when they did nothing wrong.

on a report of an active shooter with multiple victims.
    That is why they went in as they did.
    Last edited by Novx; 2014-08-27 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard of some people who swatted twitch streamers and got thrown in jail because of it. So yeah, it doesn't make any sense why people still continue to do it. It isn't remotely funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not Die Hard.
    No, it's not. It's not a predictable movie scenario. This is real life, with countless variables. Prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    No, it's not. It's not a predictable movie scenario. This is real life, with countless variables. Prepare for the worst.
    Preparing for the worst is how flashbangs end up maiming babies in their cribs: http://jacksonville.com/business/col...rves-attention

Deleted
    why did the police remove the camera.

You have every right to film them. They deserve to be investigated,. that seamed massively unprofessional and their attitude was appalling.

Ok, they had to do it (that is questionable, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt), but the way they carried that out was shocking. You people really need to start demanding your police get better training and operate to a much higher standard, esp if you are going to arm them like that.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-08-27 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    How do you determine that there isn't a active shooter very quickly? Cops can't afford to be lax on a possible situation involving a guns, they don't want to die or have the guy escape. They go by the information given to them. They don't know exactly what is going on. Is the active shooter still there, did he leave, is he hiding, is the individual in the house HELPING the shooter? They have to make split decisions. They need to secure the area to make sure that everyone is safe and obviously secure. It would suck if there was a actual shooter and he escaped and killed someone because the cops sitting there with their thumb up their butt debating if this is a hoax or not. That isn't a pretty headline. If it happened to me, I wouldn't blame the cops, I would blame the guy who called them.
    Exactly. I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    why did the police remove the camera.

You have every right to film them. They deserve to be investigated,. that seamed massively unprofessional and their attitude was appalling.
    That's what they do. This is about police getting off and playing with their toys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    It isn't remotely funny.
    ^This. Some people really have a pathetic sense of humour if they think something like this is even remotely funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preparing for the worst is how flashbangs end up maiming babies in their cribs: http://jacksonville.com/business/col...rves-attention
    That is a tragic story. Preparing for the worst and acting on the worst are two different things. These officers didn't do anything out of the ordinary. They came in, found their target, cuffed him, searched him, questioned him, and will likely bring him in for processing and more questioning. They didn't throw in tear gas or come in with guns blazing.