Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvP servers are love! PvP servers are life!

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    All these people talking about no World PvP must not hang out at Goldshire, Durotar, or Blasted Lands. I find a fair bit of World PvP even if it is not on the scale that it was when X-Realms was first introduced. Also realms like Emerald Dream have a ton of World PvP, Bleeding Hollow I still find a fair bit also.
    Yes they have a reason to exist, PvP is apart of the game even if it is not the main focus.
    OH LOOK A LEVEL 58 COMING THRU THE DARK PORTAL, I HOPE I CAN TARGET HIM BEFORE THE OTHER 30 LEVEL 90'S GIB HIM!!!

World pvp in a nutshell. Most pvp servers are imbalanced because frankly most people just want to be on the giving end, not the receiving one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If you play WoW 13 hours a day just to get camped - I have a friendly advice: don't.

Also with the tools you have nowadays camping isn't an issue, back in the day it might have been - now it most certainly isn't.
    I'm fairly sure that was a joke... I hope...

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said earlier, it absolutely blows my mind that people are soooooo hurt over ganking that they would rather lash out at other players by removing something rather than use their own intelligence to come up with an actual solution.

But that's asking too much from the WoW community lol...

On the balanced wPvP realms (yes, they're out there and you would know if you used 5 seconds to search the internet), wPvP may be dead atm, but everytime a new content patch adds a new area or a new expansion comes out, it comes back.

And I know it's fun to hide in your little bubbles and imagine that the only forms of wPvP going on is high levels ganking low levels, but please, give it a rest. You're just being delusional at this point. There are plenty of encounters that are people of similar levels. No, it's not insanely common, at least, not as common as when a new expansion hits, but it still happens. This change just punishes those players who do use it for such reasons. And your solution? Kill off their fun for no reason whatsoever?

But this is quickly devolving from a simple question into a thread where CareBears unite to punish wPvP'ers.
    Last edited by Lime; 2014-08-30 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Not at all. They serve no purpose except giving assholes an opportunity to act out their antisocial tendencies. World pvp, as in actual pvp, is no longer existent and hasn't been for a long time. Just axem.
    I get into World PvP battles on my server daily...what was the shit spewing from your mouth about it being non existent?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm fairly sure that was a joke... I hope...

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said earlier, it absolutely blows my mind that people are soooooo hurt over ganking that they would rather lash out at other players by removing something rather than use their own intelligence to come up with an actual solution.

But that's asking too much from the WoW community lol...
    "I'm mad I'm bad so these type of servers shouldn't exist, Blizzard!!!"

I really don't want to sound mean but that's a bit silly. There's a clear need and purpose for pve and pvp servers. If anything I never got why dedicated rp servers had to exist.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I get into World PvP battles on my server daily...what was the shit spewing from your mouth about it being non existent?
    THIS!!!!

Literally every day the last 5 days I've played the game, we have successfully engaged in WPVP. Is it the massive guild vs guild stuff I've seen on Emerald Dream (which is the closest to Classic I've seen in years)? Not at all, but it is a solid 5-10 of us against a solid 10-15 of them.
    Imagine this.... Not a single player on a PvE realm was hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    I really don't want to sound mean but that's a bit silly. There's a clear need and purpose for pve and pvp servers. If anything I never got why dedicated rp servers had to exist.
    Ehhh, while it is not my cup of tea, Role Play servers exist to provide like minded people a place to gather rather then hoping you find other RP'ers on a PvE/PvP realm, all the server types seem legit. Just the sheer numbers are nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I spent most of Cata and the start of MoP on a balanced PvP server. It was a big aspect of the game for me that I now miss. Lots of fun moments. Lots of friendly trash talking. Some of it wasn't so friendly.. but that was way less occurant.

Should they exist? Not really a reason for them to anymore. Back when the honor grind was a real thing sure. The world PvP in this game is more often than not extremely one sided now with the introduction of PvP gear leading to some lolworthy "fights" if you can even call them that now. Most of if not all gear in PvP is obtained faster and much more easily through battlegrounds and arena that it makes no sense for there to be PvP servers anymore since most of it rarely takes place outside instanced areas and serves no other reason then to impede someone else's pve. The only reason people want world PVP is to flex their epeen when they smash some scrub in pve gear and camp them for a bit until they log or leave the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Even if there isn't much World PvP anymore, I like PvP servers. If you see someone from the opposing faction you should be able to fight them. Alliance vs Horde feels like the true theme of Warcraft, I don't like this peace thing going on atm. Varion should have destroyed Org and open up more Alliance vs Horde conflicts.
    Lol.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not really. The vast majority of PvP servers are extremely one-sided, so the only "PvP" that ever really happens in the world is some level 90 killing off level 20s. The PvP servers I have played on might as well have been PvE servers; you certainly wouldn't have noticed the difference.
    Well I for one very much like the PvP server I am on. The Horde outnumbers the Alliance about 3:1 but for whatever reason there is 90 wPvP essentially everyday and the major PvP guilds of both factions go at it a few times a month in a coordinated way. It's actually fun to be on a PvP realm and never actually know when you'll get raided or at least hit by some small rogue group.

What I've never understood is people who join a PvP server and resent the idea of wPvP. Yes you will be ganked, no-matter the balance (as long as it's not absurd), but the fun part is rallying your faction in the zone and trying to get a few bodies to go at it. If you don't like it just stay on your lol we're all blue and we kill scripted dungeons all day realm (yes I do raid too actually).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    What I've never understood is people who join a PvP server and resent the idea of wPvP. Yes you will be ganked, no-matter the balance (as long as it's not absurd), but the fun part is rallying your faction in the zone and trying to get a few bodies to go at it. If you don't like it just stay on your lol we're all blue and we kill scripted dungeons all day realm (yes I do raid too actually).
    1. I join a realm to play with a friend. I like the friend, but his PvP realm is not so nice.

2. I have no idea that this "PvP" in the realm type actually just means I'm surrounded by dipshits who like to cyberbully. I truly believe that people who PvP, competitive people in general, are just not very intelligent folk. This was me when I joined a PvP realm. I was new to MMO's. Had no clue of the hell that would ensue. I'm not a moron though, so I can't think like one and predict what would happen.

3. You can rally until the cows come home. No one cares about world PvP. No one will come save you.

4. PvP is just as scripted as predictable as PvE. If PvP'ers think otherwise, then see my above comment about the intelligence of someone who PvP's.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-08-30 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Not at all. They serve no purpose except giving assholes an opportunity to act out their antisocial tendencies. World pvp, as in actual pvp, is no longer existent and hasn't been for a long time. Just axem.

If you don't like pvp servers, don't play on one.

I specifically like pvp servers (and love Timeless Isle, still spend time there everyday, still do the quests every week) because it returns a sense of peril to the game that hasn't been present since TBC. Mobs simply aren't a threat. At low gear levels Elites can be a bit a threat, but off the Timeless Isle they are very passive and easy to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not really. The vast majority of PvP servers are extremely one-sided, so the only "PvP" that ever really happens in the world is some level 90 killing off level 20s. The PvP servers I have played on might as well have been PvE servers; you certainly wouldn't have noticed the difference.
    If you actually enjoy PvP, then you will relish being on the weaker side. I'm on a server where Alliance outnumber horde 10 to 1. I am horde, I have a blast fighting alliance all the time.

It's Blizzards fault that the servers are imbalanced, ever since Wintergrasp. Wintergrasp had good rewards at the time, but was never a very balanced zone, so players just steadily transferred to whatever side was winning more often on their server. They should have implemented a system right away that gave HUGE buffs to the weaker side for every battle they lost, until eventually even a single player could dominate 200 by himself. This never happened. Their tenacity (or whatever it was called) was shit and not nearly strong enough.

I find it funny (and stupid) when people knowingly create characters on a PvP(!) server and then whine and cry about being ganked and camped. Trying to make themselves feel better by insulting those people who gank them and speculating that they're anti-social little kiddies ONLY on the sole action of them ganking some whiny little ass. How can you be so painfully pathetic, lol.
    Of course PvP servers are needed, a lot of people still on them and will continue to do so. If that's not how you prefer to play, do stay the fuck away from PvP servers and refrain from whining how they're full of assholes.

I'm not sure, I like killing alliance while leveling or in places like timeless isle/isle of thunder. On the flip side, the main interest for alot of people on a PvP server doesn't seem to be killing other level 90s but farming low levels, like in Thrallmar or Honor Hold. Once a level 90 shows up they usually turn tail, unless they can get some friends to 3v1 them.

To completly remove them would completly kill off any world PvP that still exists though. Since most people doing dailies or busy farming or w/e would just keep their PvP tagged off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Of course PvP servers are needed, a lot of people still on them and will continue to do so. If that's not how you prefer to play, do stay the fuck away from PvP servers and refrain from whining how they're full of assholes.
    Ofc there a lot of people there, but for other reasons than wpvp, reasons i mentioned earlier. Thats why i made a conclusion pvp servers are not needed really.
    Math:
    Pvp server=pve server+wpvp
    If there is no wpvp, as many here testified,then:
    Pvp server=pve server

Therefore, changing pvp servers to pve server with option to toggle pvp flag on (for those who want) would be a good thing for balancing realms, less realm transfers, less griefing, stable population...

PVP Servers? You mean there should be a server dedicated for PVP only? Haha. Im confused LOL. Haha. Sorry about that.

yes theyre needed i like ganking level 20s on my 90 and then camping them

before WoW, the idea was that pvp servers would allow the community to 'self correct' bad behavior, but even then it didnt really work in practice.

in wow, they've pretty much separated the interactions between factions anyways. so even if you wanted to kill someone you saw being a moron in trade, you need to have an opposite faction character to do so.

so no, i don't really see any benefits that pvp servers bring.

and with the tech nowadays, allowing for servers 'on the fly' depending on whether people flag themselves for pvp or not, and pvp-only quest hubs... i find little reason to support the 'well, thats how it is, cant change it now' argument either.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP servers aren't only there for world PvP, they're servers where PvPers collect to form groups for arena. Taking away PvP servers would do nothing but annoy those who do wPvP since people will just assign a non-official PvP server where people will collect anyways to form groups for rated PvP.

Also, I'm offended you'd even want to take away PvP servers. They don't affect you in the slightest. Jeez