Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by extinction1337 View Post
    Too true, I for one am glad to play melee this coming expansion because they are nerfing the retarded everything can be cast while moving shenanigans.
    now if only they nerfed the retarded "most meleers have multiple gapclosers" too...

Deleted
    Back to the old days. I like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Casters had almost no mobility in classic/BC and it was fine. It will be fine again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Casters managed fine in Cataclysm and before. They will be fine now.
    I'm getting a bit tired of saying this but.... You can't just compare raiding in previous expansions to the current endgame raiding scene and say "it was fine before; it will be fine now."

It's like saying if cars suddenly all vanished off the face of the earth, we would be perfectly fine traveling by horse and buggy because it worked before.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Encounters were designed that way because casters couldn't move while casting. You're confusing cause and effect.
    Encounters changed and the abilities of the classes and specs were adjusted to keep them up to date with the general direction and flow of the game.

Mobility had to be toned down but raid encounters are evolving while ranged dps and mobility is devolving

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    now if only they nerfed the retarded "most meleers have multiple gapclosers" too...
    yeah i can't understand how they can complain so much when they get 100% uptime during any movement. There's no thought required to spam charge and heroic leap across the room or any pre planning since the cd on gap closers is so short. The only issue would be a mechanic like rapid fire on Paragons of the Klaxxi preventing them from being in melee range at all. But if you're a rogue you can ignore 99% of mechanics anyway.

Regardless, playing one of the non-god casters this expansion not being able to cast on the move will be nothing new. They just need to be really careful about balancing damage around a classes mobility, since they refuse to balance mobility properly (look at double blink+iceflows/blazing speed vs ghost wolf). And warriors for example should do a lot more damage baseline than rogues to make up for not being able to cloak through every mechanic for extra damage. Shamans should do more standstill damage than mages since they have to literally waddle from one spot to another rather than one blink. But this is Blizzard we're talking about so I doubt they'll ever get it right.

Welcome to the land of shadow priests, have a sit and fell the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    I'm getting a bit tired of saying this but.... You can't just compare raiding in previous expansions to the current endgame raiding scene and say "it was fine before; it will be fine now."

It's like saying if cars suddenly all vanished off the face of the earth, we would be perfectly fine traveling by horse and buggy because it worked before.

Encounters changed and the abilities of the classes and specs were adjusted to keep them up to date with the general direction and flow of the game.

Mobility had to be toned down but raid encounters are evolving while ranged dps and mobility is devolving
    The point is that there were very good encounters back then even by today's standards. t11/t12, especially Rag, have just as much going on as today's fights. You can have another Lei Shen with less caster mobility, it's just a matter of tuning his health and caster damage while standing still correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandal View Post
    The point is that there were very good encounters back then even by today's standards. t11/t12, especially Rag, have just as much going on as today's fights. You can have another Lei Shen with less caster mobility, it's just a matter of tuning his health and caster damage while standing still correctly.
    most ranged already had their new mobility tools back in t11/12, pretty much the only ability missing of present mobility abilites was KJC. And Ill be honest, I dont want to go back to preCata encounters that were more turret-y with less dancing around stuff and when there was movement, it was mostly boring downtime for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post

Have you actually done any of the raid or even 5 man testing on beta or are you just rehashing Blizzard's line on this? They certainly haven't toned down the mobility requirements whatsoever. If anything, there is significantly MORE movement required in raid encounters than there was in ToT/SOO and far more movement required in 5 mans.

most ranged already had their new mobility tools back in t11/12, pretty much the only ability missing of present mobility abilites was KJC. And Ill be honest, I dont want to go back to preCata encounters that were more turret-y with less dancing around stuff and when there was movement, it was mostly boring downtime for everyone
    KJC, starsurge spam, icy flows, pyro spam, lightning bolt on the move/LvB spam. No they didn't. Idk what you're on about but not only did they not have cast-while-moving mechanics except for possibly lightning bolt (and ele damage wasn't very good anyway) but the dot n' proc playstyle didn't exist to the extent it has since ToT.

I want casters to keep their mobility as well, but apparently there's a lot of crappy melee than decided things need to change. It wasn't that melee was that hugely disadvantaged, more that they were roughly equal to ranged and there was no reason to keep a balanced split between the 2 types of dps.

KJC, starsurge spam, icy flows, pyro spam, lightning bolt on the move/LvB spam. No they didn't. Idk what you're on about but not only did they not have cast-while-moving mechanics except for possibly lightning bolt (and ele damage wasn't very good anyway) but the dot n' proc playstyle didn't exist to the extent it has since ToT.
    Im sorry, what? starsurge came with cata (as did the moonfire spam boost whatever its called), SWG aswell, hunters had fox since the remake, LB on move came with 4.1, LvB proc instant was 4.2 setbonus, not even sure what "pyro spam" is supposed to be... and yes, ice flows are pandaria thing, but its not like mages didnt have scorch on the move in cata...

I dont know what youre on about, but you should do some factchecking before you post some nonsense...

10+ Year Old Account
    That is all fine and dandy. I dont want to be too punished for whatever style of dps I prefer to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Welcome to the land of shadow priests, have a sit and fell the pain.
    Ironically shadow and mage are extremely mobile in WoD.

I don't know how it will impact pvp (and honestly I don't care since I am a pve player) but in PVE I don't think there will be any problem. How a melee can DPS the boss in moments of "move out of shit"? I don't remember a fight that you have to move in the encounter and still be in 5 yard range to DPS the boss..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Many casters, or caster specs, are losing the ability to cast and move and it got me wondering if this is a major disability in both PvE and PvP?

In movement heavy fights in PvE and challenge mode dungeons it seems like a major disadvantage and melee will train caster in PvP because they are forced to "turret".

I was looking forward to play a caster in WoD, but it seems I would be better off playing a melee, or a hunter if I really want a ranged dps.

How bad will it turn out in your opinion!?
    The idea is that with less casting on the move, there will be less need to. They didn't just remove casting on the move to be mean. Of course, we will have the odd fight here and there that will be annoying as fuck and make you wish you could do X while moving again.

In general though, I don't think it will be too noticeable. If heavy movement is required, an extra Hunter isn't a bad idea for another Aspect of the Fox. Along with the reduced cast on the move abilities, melee will have less ways of getting to casters or restricting casters movement (or they should).

The CM argument is irrelevant, as everyone will be on equal footing. If you're going for gold, it doesn't even matter. Just learn the dungeons slow and steady and you will get it. If you're pushing for times, then yeah, top5 classes or bust.

I'm looking forward to it. Will be a new challenge to see how we will be able to handle heavy movement fights with few or no Hunters (especially true for 5mans).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Im sorry, what? starsurge came with cata, SWG aswell, hunters had fox since the remake, LB on move came with 4.1, LvB proc instant was 4.2 setbonus, not even sure what "pyro spam" is supposed to be... and yes, ice flows are pandaria thing, but its not like mages didnt have scorch on the move in cata...

I dont know what youre on about, but you should do some factchecking before you post some nonsense...
    You clearly didn't play the game in t11 and 12 starsurge was a cast with a 15 second cooldown. Shooting stars procced basically once per minute. Ranged did not do nearly as much damage on the move as they have since ToT. It's not even close.

Fire has always been mobile but scorch damage is a joke. The ability to maintain a higher % of your max has gone up SIGNIFICANTLY since cata for all casters. Casters have always had movement fillers, so perhaps that's your idiotic argument and where it's going? They still have movement fillers in WoD so I don't see where you're going with this.
    Last edited by timmytompadderham; 2014-09-01 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Many casters, or caster specs, are losing the ability to cast and move and it got me wondering if this is a major disability in both PvE and PvP?
    It's way more of a disability in PvP than PvE. They can just make fights that don't require you to move, you can't do that for PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Welcome to what it was like to play a caster prior to Cata/MoP.

You'll be fine. You're just used to broken, imbalanced class designed that has gotten way out of hand over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    And melees have been crippled by being melee since the beginning of time.
    This. So much this. Casters could be required to stand on one foot singing arias from Madame Butterfly, while being forcibly sodomized with a cactus and melee would still hear how they are less desirable as DPS.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will miss casting on the move, it is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Welcome to what it was like to play a caster prior to Cata/MoP.

You'll be fine. You're just used to broken, imbalanced class designed that has gotten way out of hand over the years.
    lmfao. Looks over at 1minute CoS, feint, 2x evasion, cheat death, and burst of speed all on one class LOL! broken...