Deleted

LG 34UM95-P 34" / 5ms / DP, HDMI / IPS / 21:9 YES?

What would you do? Would you buy it? You can see my spec below... it is kind of expensive but i will sell my 27 inch 1440p i have now, which would make me pay '' only '' about 600 dollars instead of 850

Deleted
    Yes I would buy it, Im using a 2560x1080 which is 21:9 and love it to bits, I cant move from this aspect ratio at all, I play mostly mmos and its uber for them, though, you may get fps dips, as its still more pixels non the less then what you have.

In a few years time and if I do upgrade my gpu to something even beefier, will get that or that panel rather from other brands depending on price for certain.

I'm holding out for a G-Sync one of these, with a curved screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you find the 21:9 layout appealing and you can afford it, sure. The LG34UM95 is a good monitor.
    http://anandtech.com/show/8057/lg-34um95-monitor-review
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm holding out for a G-Sync one of these, with a curved screen.
    The Dell U3415W 'may' be a curved one. Good luck having G-sync on it though or any of those panel anytime soon.

I didn't know I needed this, until I saw the reviews for this.

I'm selling my 30" for this immediately.

Edit: This is coming from the guy who had a 27" Dell when the first came out (the 21:9) but it was just too small compared to my 30" and the smaller resolution compared to this one is not as good as the 30".

Edit2: I see that if you wait they'll have a curved version of this out sometime after IFA.
    Last edited by Anprionsa; 2014-09-01 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    Edit2: I see that if you wait they'll have a curved version of this out sometime after IFA.

^ OP if you don't need it right now and don't mind spending a few extra bucks then get the curved version when it comes out. Enjoy the new angle. Might as well spend a hundred or two more if you are already going to dump that much on a monitor.

What are the uses going to be with this monitor? Work, gaming, editing, coding? Just asking as I have a few other monitors I can recommend as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    LG, AOC and Dell's curved. those are the new 34 inch 21:9 coming out. LG is already released here and AOC will be this month. AOC doesnt have thudnerbolt ( donno what that is, but the price is 150 dollars diff) but AOC has adjustable stand compared to LG. donno how i think about curved...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of thunderbolt as a variation of DisplayPort, but not really.
    AOC's as far as I'm aware isn't the curved one, I may be wrong on that. Dell's release is to be a curved one.

Deleted
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/del...219,27581.html

/drooooollll, sodding hell that looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/del...219,27581.html

/drooooollll, sodding hell that looks amazing.
    let’s not blame Dell for not having the stand support rotating the monitor to a portrait orientation.
    Damn.
    Vertical viewing angle is a bit odd at 172. Which leads me to believe it's either. A. AMVA, or B. Sharp's IGZO. Or it could just be LG's thingy, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am seriously thinking of buying the AOC as a birthday present from me to me Seems like it can replace dual monitor solutions and make some games pretty darn epic!