Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There is likely a biological prejudice that does cause us to prefer better looking members of our species. So I probably do subconsciously treat "prettier" people better than "uglier" persons. Though I try to rationally treat everyone as they deserve based on their disposition and helpfulness to my goals.

At work? No, I treat everybody differently on basis of mutual sympathy/friendship, then personal sympathy, and then usefulness of a person to myself.
    At leisure with strangers, yes, I much prefer a company of a beautiful girl to one of an obese couch potato (unless the said potato is a good friend of mine).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I'm married, I'd get castrated if I gave special treatment to attractive people.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    I'm married, I'd get castrated if I gave special treatment to attractive people.
    I hope your significant other doesn't read that comment. :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I treat the extreme ends differently, in that extremely attractive people I treat slightly better than average, and extremely unattractive people slightly better than average.

Very attractive people can feel isolated (the well adjusted individuals) as they're "unapproachable", same for unattractive.
    I'm pretty much like this. In addition though, I tend to be less patient once they show a character flaw than I am with "normal" people. It's like a kneejerk "what, you think just because you're that good-looking / ugly, you 'deserve' to behave like that?" even though I know most of the time a bad attitude does not have much to do with looks.

Deleted
    Some of the responses in this thread are down right disgusting.

Anyway, I don't really blame someone/treat someone badly for how they're born that's retarded school yard logic tbh, some of the best people I've met have been the ugliest going. A lot of character and heart rather than y'know heartless skin deep beauty and narcissism.

Though to be fair, if someone can't be bothered to adhere to basic hygene and exercise I tend to think a little less of them as awful as that sounds, I mean I can understand everyone goes through a rough patch but I mean genuinely lazy filthy slobs that are quite happy to go months with out cleaning their teeth. It's not hard to take an hour or two out of your day to exercise/wash unless of course you don't have access to those things but that's beside the point.

You'll know who I mean if you're ever unlucky enough to have a x family member you take to a convention, like a magic the gathering competition. Never again.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-09-02 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I hope your significant other doesn't read that comment. :P
    She doesn't have to, we have established rules.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    She doesn't have to, we have established rules.
    I meant that from my point of view, if my partner would have written that, it seemed like I was being called ugly (since I assume my partner would treat me differently from everyone else).

But I'm tired and my mind makes things up out of thin air, reviewing it, it doesn't nearly strike me the same. Ah, well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be lying if I said there wasn't that initial judgment in my mind.

That being said, I don't let that judgment dictate how I talk/interact with anyone, and I only treat someone different if the situation calls for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I treat people depends entirely on interaction rather than first impressions. I'm a people pleaser by default so I try to get on people's good side first no matter what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I think the latter is nicer lol.
    ikr? I always feel really patronizing when I catch myself doing it but it's not intentional.

Deleted
    Not really, i mean, i'd definitely check them out but i've found that they tend to be quite self-obsessed or not click-able with me; And preferential treatment is just laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hetero male, I find that I usually, subconsciously, treat attractive women better than not-attractive women. I usually catch myself doing this after the fact, but it does happen. As for males, this doesn't happen; I treat all of them the same regardless of how they look (discounting other factors.)

Deleted
    Depends. Probably not consciously, but most likely unconsciously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I give better treatment to beautiful people? No. Different, yes, but not better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Do I give better treatment to beautiful people? No. Different, yes, but not better.
    You treat them worse?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I actually treat them much worse. I figure they've had it too easy/good. So fuck them.
    When I was younger I used to do this. Sort of grew out of it because they were always so nice (usually because they had such an easier time of things because they're so attractive.)

lotta liars in here

Yes. I envy the generations of the future when the ugly tree will have been uprooted, burned, and salt sown on the ashes where it once stood. Ew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Looks fade with time and age.

Why should I give someone special treatment because of how they look? You could be a complete bitch and yet the hottest chick in the world but I'd still treat you like a bitch regardless. I was always taught treat those how you wish to be treated and looks play no factor into that.